Jose Fernandez Killed in Boating Accident

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Fernandez had announced on Instagram last week that his girlfriend was pregnant."

aww come on

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Unimaginable loss for so many. My heart sank hearing this. Can hardly believe it's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just saw this. Terrible. The accident supposedly happened around 3 A.M. 2 other men were killed as well and they suspect speeding to be the cause, but do not suspect drugs or alcohol involved.

Absolute tragedy to a guy with a tremendous future. Hope his family stays strong through this.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Jose had electric stuff. He had top-5 stuff. For a player of his magnitude to pass away during his ascent to greatness - it's just stunning. Watching the press conference with the entire team standing (most of them in tears) it's just heart breaking.

The unimaginable void this will leave in his unborn daughters life. Too horrible to contemplate.

I can't even enjoy football right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The scary part is that this kind of thing could happen to any player at any time. Hell, it could any one of us. Munson, Hubbs and Clemente in plane crashes.....Darryl Kile died of what was basically a heart attack in his hotel room at age 33. I know there are more that I'm forgetting but the overall summary is that.............

The future is promised to no one.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I woke up this morning to a BR notification saying this. Wanted to cry as if I knew the guy. Such a sad day

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, crazy news to wake up to. Baseball lost one of the best pitchers. Sad day.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fernandez last pitched on Tuesday, throwing eight shutout innings against the Nationals. During that start, he struck out 12 batters, walked none, and yielded just three hits. Fernandez was originally scheduled to start on Sunday, but had his turn in the rotation pushed back to Monday to accommodate Adam Conley's return from the disabled list.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-pitcher-jose-fernandez-killed-in-miami-boating-accident/

Man, I wonder if they didnt push his start back a day if he is ever in that boat.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's so weird we're talking about a really good starting pitcher, likely just beginning the prime of his career DYING! I think you have to be a baseball fan to understand how crazy that is because baseball isn't as popular as football obviously and the Marlins aren't exactly on the casual sports fans radar. This is honestly the equivalent of Andrew Luck or someone like that...it's something (luckily) we just don't see happen really!

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Could you imagine if Rizzo or Bryant got hit by a car and killed? It could happen but for the grace of God. Its kind of sad because I read something recently on the web that the Cubs were interested in Fernandez. The guy was 24. That is far too young to be getting killed on a boat at 3 in the morning.

On another note. I used to live in Miami and I know where this happened and the place is notorious for boating accidents. Sad...:(