Are Fox and Pace the right guys for this?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Again are you dense? 208 says you don't take a flyer on a QB ie a QB you don't love . . .

:obama:

Again...this is what you stated..

No the meat of my argument as all my quoted posts state is that you should not take a flyer on a QB ie a QB you don't love unless you have the structure in place for said QB.

Jay Cutler should be the prime example of an underachieving QB drafted high regardless of the "structure" in place.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:obama:

Again...this is what you stated..

Jay Cutler should be the prime example of an underachieving QB drafted high regardless of the "structure" in place.

Not sure your point. If you love a player you will take him regardless of the structure. That doesn't guarantee success. It's simply logical. It would be dumb to pass on a player you really like.

However if you don't like a guy then you have the alternative of drafting someone you actually do like. So why wouldn't you? Just because the guy you don't like is a QB?

Again are you dense?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Not sure your point. If you love a player you will take him regardless of the structure. That doesn't guarantee success. It's simply logical. It would be dumb to pass on a player you really like.

However if you don't like a guy then you have the alternative of drafting someone you actually do like. So why wouldn't you? Just because the guy you don't like is a QB?

Again are you dense?

You literally do not know what point you're making do you?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You literally do not know what point you're making do you?

No I think you can't comprehend. NFL teams draft players they like. This is obvious.

If you are going to draft someone you actually aren't that high on because they are a QB in this example, you better have the structure in place to ensure you can develop this prospect that you weren't that high on. Otherwise it's pretty stupid to pass on players you really love simply based on perceived need.

Not sure why you and the other stooges struggle with a fairly simple concept.

If I think Nick K has a chance to be a productive starting LB in the NFL, why would I pass on him for a QB prospect I rate as no more than a backup or even worse unlikely to last in the league for more than a few years. Just so I can then give him to Dowell Loggains and say, "Now you go develop this middling prospect I took that I think isn't that good while ingnome the fact you have never in your career developed a QB prospect even when you had a top 10 draft pick with the Titans."

It's stupid logic.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No I think you can't comprehend. NFL teams draft players they like. This is obvious.

If you are going to draft someone you actually aren't that high on because they are a QB in this example, you better have the structure in place to ensure you can develop this prospect that you weren't that high on. Otherwise it's pretty stupid to pass on players you really love simply based on perceived need.

Not sure why you and the other stooges struggle with a fairly simple concept.

If I think Nick K has a chance to be a productive starting LB in the NFL, why would I pass on him for a QB prospect I rate as no more than a backup or even worse unlikely to last in the league for more than a few years. Just so I can then give him to Dowell Loggains and say, "Now you go develop this middling prospect I took that I think isn't that good while ingnome the fact you have never in your career developed a QB prospect even when you had a top 10 draft pick with the Titans."

It's stupid logic.

And the vortex keeps spinning

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
remy...looks like you have a few different meats

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To add some brevity, who do you really think the best three stooges are? I'm sorta a Moe, Larry and Curly guy. Maybe you guys could find room to disagree on that. I was just answering your call for perspective. I'm a bit weary of the qb discussion.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is your reminder that John Fox sucks.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
To add some brevity, who do you really think the best three stooges are? I'm sorta a Moe, Larry and Curly guy. Maybe you guys could find room to disagree on that. I was just answering your call for perspective. I'm a bit weary of the qb discussion.

It will be the main roundtable till at least Sept 2017.

No matter how much Desbro wants to have a threesome with Jay

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe we'll get a qb next draft, but who really knows? The next question is if he'd be successfully developed with this staff. They have already made me lean toward the side of guilty until proven innocent. It's September and we all can chill. I won't be making any judgments with the draft until college is done.

I'll probably be riled up after the next game - ebb and flow. Yuck, yuck yuck.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We can argue about Moe and Curly (I actually prefer Curly as being the talent in the operation...Moe was merely the straight man), but I think we can all agree that Larry was definitely the "third stooge" (aka onebud34).

Shemp had some good moments too, but Moe, Larry, & Curly were the best trio.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shemp was like the Bears back-up QB. Always overrated, and many of the pies he threw should have been intercepted.

Moe would be great as a backup, probably not tying laces, but he could show what knucklehead means. We can thank remy for reminding us of the stooges.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Post #227 says you shouldn't draft someone you don't like, and you should draft someone you do like. Post #229 says its ok to draft someone you don't like, as long as you have the structure in place, and especially if its a QB.

Post #227 makes sense to me. Post #229 does not make sense to me. Post #227 directly contradicts Post #229.

Please elaborate.

227 doesn't articulate the full point regarding when it might make sense to take a flyer on someone you don't like because onebud wasnt asking about that scenario.

Instead onebud raised Cutler as an example of taking a player regardless of structure so my response to him in 227 was focused on his actual post which was different from the point being made in 229 which was more directly related to the original point airtime and I were discussing.

Does it confuse you that my response would be different based on the post I am responding to. If it helps, the questions I asked him in 227 are essentially answered 229 because reason I could possibly see for not taking the guy you have rated higher in favor of a QB is as 229 explains and my posts stated, you have a structure in place to overcome the flaws you see in the lower rated prospect at a position you deem to be of greater importance.

That doesnt mean I personally support doing that. That means in addressing airtime's suggestion that the Bears take a flyer on a QB they aren't sold on, I could at least see the logic if we had people with a record of developing QBs and/or an offense conducive to a young QB. We don't.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Instead onebud raised Cutler as an example of taking a player regardless of structure so my response to him in 227 was focused on his actual post which was different from the point being made in 229 which was more directly related to the original point airtime and I were discussing.

Cutler was taken due to "in love & proper structure"

His inability to improve upon his short-comings is why he's an underachiever. Not because of Loggain's resume

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler was taken due to "in love & proper structure"

His inability to improve upon his short-comings is why he's an underachiever. Not because of Loggain's resume

I never suggested otherwise so not sure why you are responding to me with this. As I said to you in 227, taking someone you love doesn't guarantee success. It's simply logical.

Do you live in some delusional reality where every choice works out simply because you loved the choice made?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I never suggested otherwise so not sure why you are responding to me with this. As I said to you in 227, taking someone you love doesn't guarantee success. It's simply logical.

Do you live in some delusional reality where every choice works out simply because you loved the choice made?

Can this be explained again in English?

Bears89

Liked Posts:
Joined the organization in 1983 or '84 I can't remember which and believe he was made president and CEO in 1999? So longer than 10 years lol

He's been around for several front office changes and coaching terminations. The fact Pace reports directly to him, not George, is a problem. Meddling owners are common these days. Seems the McCaskey family are the polar opposite.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This thread-

s-3bab6aea30f3f0721ddf0d11d612f9fc09a63ad9.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can this be explained again in English?

Players fail even when drafted for the right reasons and under the right conditions. That doesn't prove anything except reality is complicated. So not sure why you keep bringing up Cutler.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Players fail even when drafted for the right reasons and under the right conditions. That doesn't prove anything except reality is complicated. So not sure why you keep bringing up Cutler.

Because he's a QB...

Take some Ritalin an post a bit later.

Hopefully it will prevent you from moving the goalposts