Active Criminal Case on D Rose, so sayeth the cops

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
https://thinkprogress.org/lapd-conf...-against-derrick-rose-7f17043b0b6e#.kbnkf3b20

The civil trial against NBA star Derrick Rose and two friends for gang rape is scheduled to begin on October 4.

But that’s not the only legal trouble Rose is facing. In a letter to the alleged victim’s attorney, Brandan Anand, a detective from the LAPD confirmed there is an active criminal investigation against Rose and the two other defendants in the civil trial.

Notably, the detective, Nadine Hernandez, argues that maintaining the victim’s anonymity “is an invaluable investigative aid to investigators.” The department plans to maintain her anonymity “throughout the criminal investigation being handled by the Los Angeles Police Department.”

The media, to this point, has used the absence of a criminal investigation to justify the relatively scant coverage of rape allegations against the former MVP of the NBA.
The disturbing details of the Derrick Rose gang rape case

This case demands attention.
thinkprogress.org

The letter is particularly significant because the judge presiding over the case recently ruled that the alleged victim will not be able to maintain her anonymity during the trial.

Anand is now asking the judge to reconsider his ruling in light of the LAPD’s letter. In a filing, Anand also notes that soon after the judge’s ruling, the alleged victim’s name began to appear on social media.

Previously, Rose’s attorney Mark Baute had alleged that Anand was lying about an active criminal investigation in order to extort a settlement from Rose. Baute argued that the claim of an active criminal investigation was false and represented a violation of rules of professional conduct for attorneys.

Last week, Knicks President Phil Jackson said the upcoming gang rape trial is not “not keeping [Rose] up at night.” Jackson also said the Knicks were “not concerned” about the allegations.

******************************************************************************************************************

If this goes badly, and D Rose isn't doing much with the media to suggest otherwise...are we gonna give GarPaxDorf a pass?

I, for one, wasn't mad at the move initially and every time this dude opens his mouth I feel a little bit better about him being in NY.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Derrick competing for that #3 spot on the all-time athlete fall off list behind OJ and Tiger

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derrick competing for that #3 spot on the all-time athlete fall off list behind OJ and Tiger
I suppose there's a chance this turns out like Kobe's trial, but...whatever. Not our problem anymore.

ISUbulls

Liked Posts:
I have been wondering how their wasn't a criminal investigation going on. Bulls are way better off with this piece of trash in New York.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
RGIII has a tattoo of his rebound chick on his arm. I'm just gonna let that breathe here for a sec.

RG3 is such a sucker. I know a girl he used to text and send dick pics to all the time, even on the day of his wedding and while he was still married. Weird dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk