ESPN Drops Bomb About Ryan Pace and John Fox

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The way I saw the hiring of both happening, was Pace entered about halfway thru the process. The odd thing that happened in my mind, was Fox came into town to interview, it was kind of a short interview. The next day, Pace flew out to denver to sign him.

The way I saw it, Pace was not going to hire Fox, and when the brass heard he was not offered the deal immediately, they sent Pace out to beg and give Fox whatever he wanted, including full control of the personnel. Pace thought he was going to be in charge, instead, he was the same paper boy Mickey was for Sean Payton.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
1-2 with road losses to Seattle & NE > 0-3 vs. two rookie QBs

We should remember that Gase was interviewed for the HC spot before Fox was even done with the Broncos, so gase was the one guy that could have put Fox on the block for the terrible year, terrible home record last season, continued shit show.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
LOL at "solid off-season". The Bears managed to take a step backwards despite being 6-10 the previous year, owning a top 10 pick, and having oodles of cap space. I kind of lost interest in the article after that. Pretty easy to write a "Bears Suck!" article when they are 0-3.

Just looking at this last offseason, what moves did you think were a step backwards?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just looking at this last offseason, what moves did you think were a step backwards?

It is early but,

Bobbie Massie
Faith in Charles Leno, I am guilty as well.
Matt Forte for Jeremy Langford, I get the age thing but Langford has been mediocre at best.
No investment in the secondary
Leonard Floyd, based on his play and the play of Massie/Leno, Tunsil would have been better.
Not getting McPhee's knee done sooner

Those are the ones that stand out.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Forte > the pack of loser RBs the Bears employ

BDBURT

Liked Posts:
If you want to get to the root of the infection, it's the perpetual meddling of a McCaskey family member along with sweat ted in their desperate attempt to show relevance in football operations. Angelo is forced to take Jauron; Emery is forced to take Smith; Arians is told he'll have to take Marinelli; Marinelli is told he'll be forced to take Trestman, and now reports are emerging that Pace was forced to take Fox.

What an absolute dysfunctional mess...

lol... you are completely wrong.

BDBURT

Liked Posts:
Forte had a really good year last year for us but the couple years before that he struggled. He hardly ever broke a tackle which everyone seems to get mad at langford for not doing. He got stuffed on the goal line consistently. I would give our group of rb time, langford/howard will be a good tandem backfield for years to come.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I would give our group of rb time, langford/howard will be a good tandem backfield for years to come.

So when does it start because they are not a good tandem right now. I personally miss the consistency Forte brought.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not "phoning it in". He has always sucked.

-Fox's Record minus Payton Manning = 87W, 92L

-Fox has NEVER had back-to-back winning seasons as a HC except when he had Manning.

-Fox has only put together 3 winning seasons as a HC - without Manning.

-After putting up 1300 yards and 11 TD's as one of Mannings Favorite receivers, Fox let him walk to FA and got nothing when the Jets picked him up.

-After an 11 sack, pro-bowl season, Fox let Peppers walk to FA. The Panthers then went on to have their worst defense since Fox took over. Dropping from #9 overall to #26.

-He was also part if the brain-trust that traded their first round pick in 2010 to the 49ers for their 2nd and 4th round picks the year before.

-His best offense ever - without Manning - was 7th in the NFL. But mostly, with Carolina, they hovered in the bottom half on the NFL including: 26th in 2007, 27th in 2006, 30th in 2002, and 32 (worst) in 2011. So our 30th ranked O last year was not an anomaly.

- We're currently 30th again. Only thing shocking about that is we're not 32nd...

It's BS to not include Manning in his record.

He wanted Peppers in CAROLINA. Richardson let him walk. These disagreements are what got him out of CAROLINA.

You're blaming a lot of GM stuff on Fox to fit your narrative. But you give 0 credit for being part of the brain trust that got Manning too Denver.

Yes, Fox has sucked in Chicago. We expected it last year but they should be better this year but we appear to be worse. I don't think anyone expected a world beater out of Fox. But they did expect someone to stabilize the team and fix the defense. That hasn't happened and it sucks but it doesn't take away from the fact that he has been a decent coach that has coached in two Super Bowls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk