Would have been better off giving Gase the reins!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
No matter what you think of Cutler, a good offensive mind makes a BIG difference. The only OCs worth a damn in terms of making adjustments in Cutler's tenure were Martz and Gase. Can anyone honestly say the next QB would not get killed behind this line? Anyone have any faith in Dowell Loggans in developing a rookie QB? Color me concerned.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
In the beginning of all this I honestly thought Gase was the guy that was going to get the HC job right after Fox righted the team enough so that a young HC could take over, but it's starting to look like it's another situation with this fucked up organization where no one likes the next guy, who was forced to be hired by the other guy, so as soon as someone decent on the staff (Gase) gets a better opportunity elsewhere they have their bags already packed and sitting by the door.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We probably should have.

Fox is a net negative on Sunday's, and now his hires are shit.

engbear

Liked Posts:
If we draft a QB with a high pick we must bring in someone to mentor him it can't surely be left to Loggans.
Who is out there who would be a good choice ?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Fox and Loggsomething will be gone next year. I know the Bears wanted a proven coach after Tdog. But Gase would have been a better choice from day one.

bearbeav

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you watch an Miami games. Gase would of been better of getting a few yrs of coordinator under his belt.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
We probably should have.

Fox is a net negative on Sunday's, and now his hires are shit.

I posted many times the Bears should pay Gase with HC money to keep him in chicago until Fox retired. The geniuses at Halas Hall let both Arians and Gase slip thru our hands.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No matter what you think of Cutler, a good offensive mind makes a BIG difference. The only OCs worth a damn in terms of making adjustments in Cutler's tenure were Martz and Gase. Can anyone honestly say the next QB would not get killed behind this line? Anyone have any faith in Dowell Loggans in developing a rookie QB? Color me concerned.

Gase led this team to a 23rd ranked offense in yardage, 24th in points scored. With Forte and Bennett.
Given the losses this past offseason, I highly doubt Gase would have had any more success than Loggains.

The 2015 bears were 23rd in the league in pass attempts, 6th in the league in rushing attempts.

The golden years you look back on with martz where cutler "had success"... the bears were 32nd in pass attempts in 2010, 28th in 2011.

That isn't "having success" with jay- that is called minimizing the damage.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
gase will be fine, his early struggles in miami don't mean anything.

As i said from the beginning the bears should have skipped fox all together and hired gase. then fangio would still be our DC and while the team would still be struggling, the O would be far better, and the struggle would have meaning, it would be a young coach going through the learning process and it would have resulted in a high pick allowing said HC to grow with the young QB of the future.

at the very least the should have retained gase with a rise/promotion and the promise of the HC job down the line.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
at this point i dont trust pace anyway. his personnel moves are a joke and his drafts arent looking good.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
at this point i dont trust pace anyway. hes personnel moves are a joke and his drafts arent looking good.

... and if the power struggle between him and fox is really a thing, then he should be tossed out on his ear.

Pace needs to focus on his job- building a strong team for years to come. Fox needs to do his job and win with who he has.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I posted more than a few times the Bears should have at least tried to keep Gase by paying him what HC's make and promise him when Fox retires or gets fired he gets the job. Its insanely stupid two of the best offensive minds in Gase and Arians slipped thru the fingers of the fools in Halas Hall.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I posted more than a few times the Bears should have at least tried to keep Gase by paying him what HC's make and promise him when Fox retires or gets fired he gets the job. Its insanely stupid two of the best offensive minds in Gase and Arians slipped thru the fingers of the fools in Halas Hall.

that is the bottom line

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I've said it multiple times last year. The Bears should have made a deal similar to Garret made with Dallas.