Would have been better off giving Gase the reins!

Bort

Liked Posts:
Stfu you Erroneous Grasu loving pencil necked pizza dick!

oOhBjf7.jpg

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i wanted gase to get the gig when pace interviewed him and i was pissed when they went with fox as hc instead.

we could have had gase as HC and still have fangio as DC, but no, we got fucking fox.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Why are you thinking that Fangio would have been the DC if Gase was HC? Fox would have probably ended up with him somewhere else. Being awful sure about that. Hell, I don't think Gase would be doing much better right now with the way this team is looking. I don't know if any coach would be winning with the lack of depth we have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Why are you thinking that Fangio would have been the DC if Gase was HC? Fox would have probably ended up with him somewhere else. Being awful sure about that. Hell, I don't think Gase would be doing much better right now with the way this team is looking. I don't know if any coach would be winning with the lack of depth we have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

because in his HC interviews gase was telling teams that fangio was on board to be his DC if he got a HC gig.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
because in his HC interviews gase was telling teams that fangio was on board to be his DC if he got a HC gig.
Yep this. In fact when Gase all but had the 49ers job, the dipshits in charge there balked at the idea and wanted to promote Tomsula to DC. It was a Gase/Fangio partnership from the beginning.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i wanted gase to get the gig when pace interviewed him and i was pissed when they went with fox as hc instead.

we could have had gase as HC and still have fangio as DC, but no, we got fucking fox.

I think some of the reasoning was the fact that we were coming over a terrible offensive minded coach in T-Dog. Bears wanted to change up the mentality and get back to "Monsters of the Midway" so they went with an experienced Defensive coach over hiring Gase who was a young offensive coach.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think some of the reasoning was the fact that we were coming over a terrible offensive minded coach in T-Dog. Bears wanted to change up the mentality and get back to "Monsters of the Midway" so they went with an experienced Defensive coach over hiring Gase who was a young offensive coach.

Once again, this just points out how utterly incompetent the McCaskey's and Phillips are as personnel people:( Look, hiring Gase as the head coach was fine in hindsight but in no way likely. He really didn't distinguish himself as OC in his one year with the Bears other than controlling Cutler. The big problem was the decision about hiring Fox. I said it at the time because the fit with Pace just didn't make sense to me from the beginning.

What the McCaskeys should do is to hire Tom Coughlin as their President of football operations and have him evaluate Pace and if he passes muster, they should hire a new head coach. With a real football guy in charge, they would have a chance to get back to respectability because of their likely draft position and salary cap situation.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
In other news, Jeff Fisher just got a two year contract extension with the Rams... lol. It could be worse here in CHI.