Official Blackhawks Preseason Thread

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sorry on the tardiness boys, was out of town for the last 4 days. But it's time to get back to some fuckin' hockey, finally.

We'll have another thread going for all the in-game discussion, but I figure this would be a good place to update with news and notes on all the training camp happenings, call-ups and send-downs, and all that good stuff. Just a few weeks away from the real thing.

:blackhawks:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have a roster for tonight?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Anyone have a roster for tonight?

These were the line rushes this morning according to Kuc.

Schmaltz-Hinostroza-Panik
Motte-Kero-Hartman
Fortin-Johnson-Tootoo
Lundberg-Rasmussen-McNeill

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These were the line rushes this morning according to Kuc.

Schmaltz-Hinostroza-Panik
Motte-Kero-Hartman
Fortin-Johnson-Tootoo
Lundberg-Rasmussen-McNeill

Thank you sir.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
good reads. I would like to see it, but at the end of the day I think Hossa is still your best 1RW other than Kane on this team, but at his age you pick your spots and it only comes in waves when he is feeling good or angry. Its for sure time to find the answer behind him, you can always slip him back at any moment or in any series where the matchup is there.

If I'm reading it right, we may see

Panarin-Toews-Panik ("Kitchen Fire Line" (Panik in the Pan)
Motte/Schmaltz-AA drinks you-Kane
Desjardins-Kruger-Hossa
Motte/Schmaltz-Hino-Raz-Baun-Fortin-

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Was not expecting Pokka, thought they were rather high on him.

I think fans were surprised because they take a look at his stats in the AHL and think that he has nothing else to prove down there. Reminds me about when a lot of fans (some around here) were saying that Adam Clendening should have been in the NHL because of his stats in the AHL and that he had nothing else to prove. Stats clearly don't tell the whole story with a lot of these players and AHL vs NHL is an entire different beast. Pokka looked bad in the pre-season.

While the Blackhawks have always said they are high on Pokka (as they basically do with every prospect) I think it said a lot at times last year when they would call up or dress Dmen that continually weren't Pokka. Both Gus and Svedberg got looks over Pokka last year. Hell, even Rundblad did. Blackhawks actually dressed 11 different Dmen last year (Daley, Scuderi, and Ehrhoff, who were all traded for eachother, are part of that list). He just isn't ready right now and I'm not too bullish on his future as a NHL player with the Blackhawks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pokka is just in a small downswing, probably injury from Worlds, and will be given a look this year or net us a big return in trade. I'm good with either and can't wait to see unfold.

He and Gus will be up and down or gone anyway.

McNeil is the decision I find most imminently intriguing since its a Blackhawk finale. And also Forsling/Fortin since they are year long moves.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just listened to "Insider Trading" on TSN and LeBrun said that Forsling will make the team and the Blackhawks will start with 8 dmen. Makes me really think that TVR could be on the move one way or another...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just listened to "Insider Trading" on TSN and LeBrun said that Forsling will make the team and the Blackhawks will start with 8 dmen. Makes me really think that TVR could be on the move one way or another...

Its interesting because Hammer is suspended, so its still unclear how they plan to sequence the contract juggle for not just opening day, but the following week.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Thank God the Hawks are back in two nights.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Mashinter and McNeill both clear waivers. Good news for the Blackhawks as they can stash some depth (as little as it may be) in Rockford for the time being.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So how long until #freeMcNeil shows up

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk