Blackhawks Preseason GDT

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Svedberg, Pokke, Gus, Rozy part of a log jam. Seems to me Rozy should be released, and 1 or 2 traded, one stashed in

Kempny and Forsling are here. What does Rozy do? He passes well out of the back? Can't the young guys learn to do that? Gus offers some offensive ability, Svedberg some PK, Pokke some defense....

its a good trio to develop since each of the 3 has a specialty.

Forsling becoming a young developing first line ablitity guy would be huge for us going forward. If Kempny wants to work out too, then we are just loaded. Time to make some trades because I am not happy with our 4 line forward combos at all.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You guys know full well that Rozy isn't going anywhere.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Svedverg and Rozy are the only ones of that bunch that aren't being stunted by just sitting on a average nightly basis. The others still even TVR down to Kempny, gus, pokka, forsling need everyday Play.

Some are making it out of recent cuts how Fortin and Forsling are still around, but those guys can't go to Rockford like everyone else. It's best either way too keep them around for as long as possible before shipping away.

I don't see folks talking about the McNeil situation. He hasn't shown much but I think he has to go threw waivers to be sent down.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Svedverg and Rozy are the only ones of that bunch that aren't being stunted by just sitting on a average nightly basis. The others still even TVR down to Kempny, gus, pokka, forsling need everyday Play.

Some are making it out of recent cuts how Fortin and Forsling are still around, but those guys can't go to Rockford like everyone else. It's best either way too keep them around for as long as possible before shipping away.

I don't see folks talking about the McNeil situation. He hasn't shown much but I think he has to go threw waivers to be sent down.

Yeah....I'm writing McNeil off but secretly hoping he is the 4th center. Playing him on the wing next to Rasmusin isn't helping that idea.

Q's face against Detroit two minutes in, tells me alot.

He is worried we are going to dumpster fire. He needs a couple of these young guys to pan out and they are mostly shit. We are just looking for about 5 professionals who can play their role.

Things we need:

A top 6 winger
A 4th center
Hossa's replacement (another top 6 winger)
2 4th line energy guys

We have 4 first round picks to try. But McNeil and Hartman might suck. My fingers are still crossed that Schmaltz/Motte are awesome, and Panik takes a step.

To play two way hockey we are going to have to actually play forward.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

McNeil does in fact have to go through waivers. Svedberg was just put on them today and wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up.

Blackhawks certainly have some interesting decisions to make. TVR does seem like an eventual trade candidate because there is a decent chance the Blackhawks would lose him through expansion anyways but would the Blackhawks want to pull the trigger on something like that this early? Especially with TVR being a regular right handed Dman and that would basically leave the Blackhawks with 1 righty and 5 lefties in the regular lineup (assuming Kempny and Forsling).

Also...as you alluded to and I believe Dmelt pointed out...Rozsival isn't going anywhere. I actually think he is a pretty solid #7 guy for the regular season. He can play in 30 - 40 games, play in several different game situations (PK, PP, etc), and maybe the most important thing...Q seems to trust him. Supposedly Kempny doesn't speak a work of english (believe the broadcast in pre-season game 1 pointed out) so I'm sure having Rozy around a little doesn't hurt.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Tyler Motte is going to have a roster spot because he is quite good at in-zone D coverage and that is a quick way into the heart of one Joel Quenneville.

Likewise.

I've also been impressed w/Fortin.

Hinostroza and Schmaltz have ooffensove upside, and one or both may make the lineup. I see Fortin getting called up if one of the new kids isn't carrying their weight defensively and/or missing scoring opportunities. Beautiful breakaway goal by Fortin yesterday and he's been hard on the puck and making good decisions with the puck when he has it.

Last edited:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
^^^ Don't believe the Blackhawks can simply "call up" Fortin this year. I believe it is either Juniors or NHL for him. Doesn't qualify for the AHL. Someone please correct me if I have the wrong information, but that's what I've been lead to believe. Makes the call on him even harder for now especially with how good he has looked with the Blackhawks through all three stages of his tryouts basically.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^ Don't believe the Blackhawks can simply "call up" Fortin this year. I believe it is either Juniors or NHL for him. Doesn't qualify for the AHL. Someone please correct me if I have the wrong information, but that's what I've been lead to believe. Makes the call on him even harder for now especially with how good he has looked with the Blackhawks through all three stages of his tryouts basically.

you're correct, back to Quebec or the NHL. He may have the 10 game rule, so they may keep him up and make a decision down the road.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
McNeil does in fact have to go through waivers. Svedberg was just put on them today and wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up.

Blackhawks certainly have some interesting decisions to make. TVR does seem like an eventual trade candidate because there is a decent chance the Blackhawks would lose him through expansion anyways but would the Blackhawks want to pull the trigger on something like that this early? Especially with TVR being a regular right handed Dman and that would basically leave the Blackhawks with 1 righty and 5 lefties in the regular lineup (assuming Kempny and Forsling).

Also...as you alluded to and I believe Dmelt pointed out...Rozsival isn't going anywhere. I actually think he is a pretty solid #7 guy for the regular season. He can play in 30 - 40 games, play in several different game situations (PK, PP, etc), and maybe the most important thing...Q seems to trust him. Supposedly Kempny doesn't speak a work of english (believe the broadcast in pre-season game 1 pointed out) so I'm sure having Rozy around a little doesn't hurt.

Czechs and Slovaks are supposed to be able to understand each other. When Hossa was asked who he was most friends with on the team he mentioned Rozi and him get along speaking the same language. Though apparently some Czechs born post soviet struggle to understand Slovakian.

The problem with Rozy is if he can deal with a rarely play role. Back in the 2014 year he played off and on swapping with Brookbank and he talked about how that throws him off in that not regular playing role and the cup year he was back to that when healthy.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NHLN has picked up every Blackhawk pre-season game, making it blacked out on NHL TV unless I pay my cable provider for additional coverage to get NHLN. I don't understand why NHLN can't be included in my NHL TV subscription. NHL's subscription service remains a shitty product. No wonder so many people opt for hockey streams and/or an out of country IP address. Bettman still sucks ass.

Rant over.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks morning skate lines:
Fortin-Anisomov-Kane
Panarin-Schmaltz-Panik
Motte-Kruger-Hartman
Hinostroza-Desjardins-Tootoo

Giving Fortin one hell of a chance even if he is just holding a spot for someone. Believe Schmaltz has now played LW/C/RW so far this pre-season. Motte playing again with Kruger.

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/chicago-lineup-oct-4-vs-detroit/c-282365856

Keith is supposedly in tonight as well.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was hoping to see Toews and Hoss/Panarin tonight paired with one of the new possible linemates.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I was hoping to see Toews and Hoss/Panarin tonight paired with one of the new possible linemates.

Wouldn't expect to see Toews in the preseason after the deep run by Canada in the WCOH.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Hartman and Hinostroza lighting up the lamp. Nice play and assist by Motte on the first goal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Suddenly when Keith plays, is out there and maintaining offensive zone pressure them prospects can score

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fortin playing strong again, tonight.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suddenly when Keith plays, is out there and maintaining offensive zone pressure them prospects can score.

Nice keep in by Keith and tip-in by Schmaltz on Panarin's shot. :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fortin, Schmaltz, Motte, Hino, Panik, Hartman all showing up today. Thats a good day of competition making choices tough right there. Fortin with the goal and assist. What is this? 19 years old.

He and Forsling make for a more promising future. Hawks looking loaded already again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow also looked good, posting a shutout and making it look easy in his time served.

Darling was solid, with just one slip up in some good minutes. I was hoping we would respond after the thrashing they delivered a day or two earlier.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm more excited for this regular season than I have been in quite some time.

Usually the Hawks' regular season is just a long wait for the postseason because we know that it's inevitable for the Hawks to qualify.

But this year? So excited to watch these young guys. Names like Fortin, Schmaltz, Motte, Kempny, Forsling, etc. We'll see how many make the roster but it's fun to have some new, young blood around the team to keep an eye on.