Blackhawks Preseason GDT

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'll allow Artemi Panarin to sum up our feelings about the last few months while waiting for the Hawks to get back on the ice.

tumblr_o1j3sdC2bS1rryzypo1_540.gif

Preseason game schedule (TV broadcast in parenthesis):

Wednesday, September 28 vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 (CSN Chicago)
Friday, September 30 @ Pittsburgh, 6:00 (WGN)
Saturday, October 1 vs. St. Louis, 7:30 (CSN Chicago)
Sunday, October 2 @ Detroit, 5:00 (CSN Chicago)
Tuesday, October 4 vs. Detroit, 7:30 (CSN Chicago, NHL Network)
Saturday, October 8 @ St. Louis, 7:00 (CSN Chicago, NHL Network)

Man ... every preseason game is broadcast locally. Things sure have changed, eh?

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bring on the hockey!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love that every game is televised. Can't wait for the puck drop tonight.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Posted in reply to a question in the other forum but figured I would toss it in here. Line rushes this morning and I'd imagine this is what we will see (or atleast close to it) tonight.

Schmaltz-Hinostroza-Panik
Motte-Kero-Hartman
Fortin-Johnson-Tootoo
Lundberg-Rasmussen-McNeill

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Basically the Penguins are bringing their B/C team (as most road teams do in the pre-season at times) and the Blackhawks are tossing in almost every single player that is fighting for a roster spot. Should be a good one to watch as a Blackhawks fan and we will start to learn which of these "prospects" are gearing up for a permanent spot. Really hoping someone steps up big this year...need someone to come out of nowhere (or atleast beyond expectations) with this cap crunch, especially from the forward group.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, HW

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I want Motte or Schmaltz to light it up because the Hawks desperately need another forward to skate with Toews.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Goddam is it great to have some fucking hockey talk back in my life.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think I'll figure out all of the 60s and 80s numbered players just in time for them to get sent down to Rockford

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Schmaltz and Hinostroza with a few nice comnections.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Basically the Penguins are bringing their B/C team (as most road teams do in the pre-season at times) and the Blackhawks are tossing in almost every single player that is fighting for a roster spot. Should be a good one to watch as a Blackhawks fan and we will start to learn which of these "prospects" are gearing up for a permanent spot. Really hoping someone steps up big this year...need someone to come out of nowhere (or atleast beyond expectations) with this cap crunch, especially from the forward group.
Q often seems to play a lot of more regulars or trying out guys on the team in preseason than spending time with long shot developed guys. It's still a mix of both but I remember Babcock moaning years ago after a hawks wings preseason game about how he thought this was preseason not a regular game

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The consensus among the people I follow on Twitter is that Ryan Hartman kinda sucks.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just some initial thoughts based upon one pre-season game.

Thought Schmaltz was maybe the best forward out there along with Panik. Created a lot of opportunities for that line and a good start to his pre-season tonight. Panik looked good with his north/south game but I'm afraid that he gets the blinders on when he gets the puck and Toews/Hossa (or someone else) wouldn't be able to capitalize like they should. Schmaltz can definitely dish it. Hinostroza also had a real nice game showing some solid flashes of speed and hands. Motte seemed overwhelmed out there.

Thought that both Pokka and Svedberg had poor games tonight. For two guys trying to somehow find their way onto the D squad, I wasn't impressed. Maybe the player that impressed me the most tonight was Forsling. Solid shot from the point, good speed and vision tonight. D is likely pretty set but it could be huge if the Blackhawks can convince him to play in the AHL instead of heading back to Europe since his contract gives him the option.

Just one pre-season game but fun to get a look at some of the players that likely will have to step up big for the Blackhawks this year.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Campbell didn't look so good either.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Is Kempner (sp?) here yet?

Are you thinking of Kempny, the Dman from the KHL? He played last night. Looked so-so. Might be a little time for him to adjust to the ice but most tend to think that he was "guaranteed" a spot on the roster to come over.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Campbell didn't look so good either.

I thought Campbell was fine. Edzo tried to harp on the turnover that led to the second PIT goal, but I think that was just Campbell expecting Forsling to be somewhere that he wasn't and that's something that'll happen with a 10+ year NHL veteran and a rookie playing together.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you thinking of Kempny, the Dman from the KHL? He played last night. Looked so-so. Might be a little time for him to adjust to the ice but most tend to think that he was "guaranteed" a spot on the roster to come over.

That is who I was thinking of, hopefully he turns out to be a solid maybe 4/5.