Pace is obsessed with finding the right QB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It sounds like he's waiting for Drew Brees 2.0. Hopefully, he shows up prior to say 2025. I'm not buying the shit in the article. Pace will be gone more sooner than later if he doesn't address the QB position more sooner than later. If he was obsessed, he'd be pulling a Ron Wolf on the QB position.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you're purely picking BPA with no other considerations, you're not understanding your own team's dynamics and needs.

That actually might explain a lot.

EXACTLY. We have to at some point realize that a Qb is the most important dynamic to any team.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nope, not me, I don't have any NCAA allegiance at all, but I think it's time to pull the trigger on one of them, whoever they like best. You can never be certain, but I think you can be too conservative by passing up talent year and year after year.

Not the first time I've been wrong. It's a good question whether he'll roll the dice next draft, because of all the issues with the roster. You can do a lot of evaluation and fail. Wentz could end up being better than Luck and if they were in the same class every team would be looking at Luck. Not an exact science, that's for sure.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It sounds like he's waiting for Drew Brees 2.0. Hopefully, he shows up prior to say 2025. I'm not buying the shit in the article. Pace will be gone more sooner than later if he doesn't address the QB position more sooner than later. If he was obsessed, he'd be pulling a Ron Wolf on the QB position.

Good point. I get not drafting a QB in round 1-3. But, how the heck are ya gonna wrong taking a Prescott at rnd.4. Worse case you groom the kid and draft another Qb higher in 2017 depending on our w-l record. What pissing off is that we just don't have a competitive situation at Qb.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If the writer is correct then he makes some decent points on why Pace hasn't found us a QB or hasn't taken any chances at the position so far. I realize it's just some writer saying what he thinks and have no idea if he has any inside info from Pace or someone around Pace so take it for what you will.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/09/ryan-pace-obsessed-finding-right-qb-bears/

Just look at the author, that's all you need to know. He's a blogger just like me and many others.

Username

Liked Posts:
Why don't Pace just ask his OC about who to draft?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Sad part is he won't even draft a guy like Prescott with multiple 4th rounders thinking...this guy will be better than Falls and Jay can't make it through a season without a injury

Sad part? What sad part? Not drafting Dak Prescott in the fourth round isn't what's going to make or break it for Ryan Pace. Any fan who comes along and is like "Well Dak Prescott turned into a good NFL starting QB, he was a fourth round QB that our GM passed on. Since our GM passed on him and we have had issues at the QB position and haven't drafted a replacement for the QB that was here prior to the arrival of our new GM, we're going fire our GM because he's not cutting it. He should have drafted Prescott so we're firing him because he didn't"

Maybe fans evaluate general managers by the players they didn't draft, but any ownership group worth their salt, won't follow the fans' lead.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I usually evaluate my GM by wins and losses. So far its 6-13 for Pace.

That and the impact of my 1st round picks especially when picked in the top 10. Not much going for Pace in that regard either. Good teams don't miss that often in round 1. Look how quickly Minn has turned things around with solid drafting.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I usually evaluate my GM by wins and losses. So far its 6-13 for Pace.

Emery got shit-canned after 3 seasons of regression (10-6 to 8-8 to 5-11) and hitching his wagon to Cutler with that absurd contract.

So far Pace is 6-10 and now 0-3... things are not exactly looking to good for Pace right now.

It doesn't look like this team is going to be winning many games this season so if he wants to keep his job he better damn well be obsessed with finding a new QB to hitch his wagon to because he's not going to last much longer here if he doesn't.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace DID NOT want Osweiler for good reason, but not drafting any QB's in 2 years is, as Rory put it, pure negligence. Most of us just thought Fales looked that good in practice.. pssh. This idea of perfection is obscuring his sight on the big board. Instead he signs Hoyer which is a slap in the face to the fans when he's claiming a rebuild.

He needs to get his head out of his ass, there is no young Drew Brees clone out there, whom by the way had PLENTY of issues coming out of college... keep looking and doing your homework, but make atleast one fucking move at this position.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Enough with the Saints love. That's the NFC South - why would that be a positive? If he wants to build the Bears like the Saints I would have never hired him. Thanks Ernie. I'm joking, or am I?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That and the impact of my 1st round picks especially when picked in the top 10. Not much going for Pace in that regard either. Good teams don't miss that often in round 1. Look how quickly Minn has turned things around with solid drafting.

Simply not true. It's taken Rick Spielman 10 years of up and down since his arrival. He had one great year with Farve under Brad Childress. That was their swan song for making a run at that time. Since that time thier have been plenty of Meh/bad season's sandwiched in between.

Remember, his first,.first round QB was a flop.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't about finding a starter, but he could have taken a guy that is better than our back up, Fales(at the time)....this is the mind boggling shit to me...fine he didn't see a starter....but does this mfer see a back up better than the piece of Shit who can't suit up on Sunday's?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace drafted three losers in round 4 instead of Dak Prescott. He is so obsessed with finding a QB that he didn't spend any of his three 4th round picks on Prescott. Another failed move by Pace that will put him on the street after the 2017 season.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace drafted three losers in round 4 instead of Dak Prescott. He is so obsessed with finding a QB that he didn't spend any of his three 4th round picks on Prescott. Another failed move by Pace that will put him on the street after the 2017 season.

Yeah sign two ILB in FA and draft a guy who hasn't done Shit or got onto field until recently....I think hall could be OK, but he could have taken him still..sad.

Needs OL, DB......then with a top pick he takes a outside LBer who doesn't fit our system....gets rid of HOF stat worthy WR and then at #7 ignores line again and drafts White.....we could have two more olineman and tried to produce what the sorry Cowboys are doing...throw anyone back there and make their job easier

Instead guy(QB?) will get smashed and get David Carr syndrome....Shit add Cutler...they ruined any potential he had by letting him get smashed and his inner clock is fucked up

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sad part is he won't even draft a guy like Prescott with multiple 4th rounders thinking...this guy will be better than Falls and Jay can't make it through a season without a injury

One thing no one is really talking about is Prescott had DUI right around the combine which could have taken him off some draft boards one would think.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing no one is really talking about is Prescott had DUI right around the combine which could have taken him off some draft boards one would think.

Could have, but with multiple 4ths....would it hurt to take a flyer on a guy better than Fales?

Edit: My bad he wouldn't fall into the company, "I can't play, but I am squeaky clean." Line