Pace is obsessed with finding the right QB.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
One thing no one is really talking about is Prescott had DUI right around the combine which could have taken him off some draft boards one would think.

It was in fact reported during the draft that some teams did remove him from thier boards.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Could have, but with multiple 4ths....would it hurt to take a flyer on a guy better than Fales?

Edit: My bad he wouldn't fall into the company, "I can't play, but I am squeaky clean." Line

Yup, once again the Bears want likeable bums over good football players. I don't want a team full of rapists, but guys like Bennett and Marshall aren't a bad thing just because they voice their opinion.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We see Prescott having success...it's easy to say see....he is better than Cutler! That's not the point...we had fucking Fales at the time...they already made it clear he can't play...hell even suit up.....he would be cheaper than Homer and probably had the ability to do the same shit.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We will trade for Jimmy G and draft Myles Garrett in the top5 and all will be right in the world. The EIU connection will prevail.

CqEzERpWAAA7YU9.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
One thing no one is really talking about is Prescott had DUI right around the combine which could have taken him off some draft boards one would think.

Plenty of people have talked about that.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We will trade for Jimmy G and draft Myles Garrett in the top5 and all will be right in the world. The EIU connection will prevail.

CqEzERpWAAA7YU9.jpg

Trading for Jimmy G would be giving Myles Garrett to the Pats... No way they trade him without that pick being involved

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
.....and I believe G.B. picked up Hundley right after we passed on him last year. We just seem to have a problem targeting Qb's who are leaders and winners.

Has Hundley done something/anything in this league that i don't know about?? Nope he hasn't

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Could have, but with multiple 4ths....would it hurt to take a flyer on a guy better than Fales?

Edit: My bad he wouldn't fall into the company, "I can't play, but I am squeaky clean." Line

I think they got burned a bit by Ray McDonald and have probably become too cautious on character issues as a result.

There's no way in hell Pace doesn't take a QB next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, you can fault him for that. You need to take a chance on somebody, having a possibly good QB is a hell of a lot better than no QB because he wants to be "sure". If he's waiting until he's "sure" then he's never going to get a QB.

But i'm pretty damn sure that Pace and Fox knew they weren't gonna win anything this year and with that they had a QB that could get them through this season until next year when he finds that QB.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
But from a sports journalism standpoint their stories are more editorial-oriented. If they're gonna talk about Pace, then interview him.

They'll never get that type of access because they're a bunch of hacks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah sign two ILB in FA and draft a guy who hasn't done Shit or got onto field until recently....I think hall could be OK, but he could have taken him still..sad.

Needs OL, DB......then with a top pick he takes a outside LBer who doesn't fit our system....gets rid of HOF stat worthy WR and then at #7 ignores line again and drafts White.....we could have two more olineman and tried to produce what the sorry Cowboys are doing...throw anyone back there and make their job easier

Instead guy(QB?) will get smashed and get David Carr syndrome....Shit add Cutler...they ruined any potential he had by letting him get smashed and his inner clock is fucked up

This is amazingly difficult to read.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trading for Jimmy G would be giving Myles Garrett to the Pats... No way they trade him without that pick being involved

I wish we had someone on our roster worth a damn that we could trade for Jimmy.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Have not heard it discussed once.
The hindsighter's do not care. They're not risking thier own lively hood making decisions by brining in potential face of the franchise players who make questionable off the field decisions.

Jerry Jones can get away with it because he answers to no one. His Job isn't on the line.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
The problem with Pace's thinking, if this is accurate, is you back yourself into a corner. You eventually need to draft a QB and you leave yourself in a "must draft" year which means forget about the "perfect QB" you just have to take whoever seems the best that draft and hope it works out. So, this is nonsense thinking.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That and the impact of my 1st round picks especially when picked in the top 10. Not much going for Pace in that regard either. Good teams don't miss that often in round 1. Look how quickly Minn has turned things around with solid drafting.

So the Minnesota turn around was quick?? Holy shit i hope that's not what we consider quick or we have a long ass way to go. The last time Minnesota was good was the D.Culpepper/R.Moss days so that's not what i would call a quick turn around....lol