Digital Tickets = saving $$

Missingticket

Liked Posts:
Anyone else frustrated with the cost savings no classy printed ticket policy? Gone are the first class tickets. Gone are the Stanley Cup playoff tickets. Gone is everything you kept as a keepsake from the triple OT win. Wonder what they will try and sell us for the scrapbook. Really freakin stupid. Are the McCaskey's part of this plan?

When the game ends drop your paper on the floor of the UC. Let them understand their stupidity.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
We were pretty caught off guard when this happened (especially because we divvy up tickets)...but just have to learn to deal with it and adapt. I'm not one for saving tickets to games anyways, so I suppose I don't care on that front. I'm sure this could/will become the norm in pro sports as the years go on.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Me too. I hoped to one day put them on a man-cave bar-top and cover it with glass. I have concert, football, baseball (including a world series) tickets too. Going all the back to the 80's.
That's a real good idea and I think I'm going to steal it

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love saving ticket stubs...maybe because I only go to 3 or 4 games a year max between all the sports so they're pretty memorable for me.

T'wolves switched to flash seat phone app tickets only last year and the Vikings got rid of hard tickets this year. I don't like it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love saving ticket stubs...maybe because I only go to 3 or 4 games a year max between all the sports so they're pretty memorable for me.

T'wolves switched to flash seat phone app tickets only last year and the Vikings got rid of hard tickets this year. I don't like it.

So all pro teams are headed in the direction of e-tix.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's so they can get a (bigger) wedge of the pie when it comes to scalping, by partnering with resale vendors. I don't think they intended to take away the stub memoribilia aspect.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And I know that many stadiums will print out a physical ticket for you if you got to the ticket window once you're inside the stadium. Did that a few nights ago in Houston.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I know that many stadiums will print out a physical ticket for you if you got to the ticket window once you're inside the stadium. Did that a few nights ago in Houston.

You went to Houston to see the Cubs?:beer::cubstroll2:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Maple%2BLeafs%2Bcelebrate%2Bcentennial%2Bseason%2Bwith%2Bthe%2Bmost%2Bamazing%2Blooking%2Btickets&id=591443

The Maple Leafs issue out some amazing "hard" tickets.

I'm a STH for the Hawks, and I wish there was an option for us to make the decision to have hard tickets or opt out of them. Just give us the choice. If there's a fee, so be it (with already increasing ticket prices). I'm not mad about it, but just disappointed that they pulled the stunt without input from those of us that are ponying up funds to keep Rocky Wirtz fat with steaks.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very cool tix for the Leafs.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Wow that is dumb. The Blackhawks always had awesome stubs

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could anyone even think about buying from a scalper standing outside selling? Ticket scams have fucked that up. Used to walk up without tix and buy from the guy on the corner, those days are gone now unless there is some way to tell if you're buying the real thing.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could anyone even think about buying from a scalper standing outside selling? Ticket scams have fucked that up. Used to walk up without tix and buy from the guy on the corner, those days are gone now unless there is some way to tell if you're buying the real thing.

Before 2008, you just walked to the ticket window and bought tickets.
Most of the ticket people were cool, finding you the best seat, but there was one old fucker that always stuck me in row 16 in Section Ass Punch, because he was mad at the world and probably no one touched his penis in 30 years. I avoided that old piece of shit like the plague.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Before 2008, you just walked to the ticket window and bought tickets.
Most of the ticket people were cool, finding you the best seat, but there was one old fucker that always stuck me in row 16 in Section Ass Punch, because he was mad at the world and probably no one touched his penis in 30 years. I avoided that old piece of shit like the plague.

Section Ass Punch? I didn't realize the SAP button on my TV remote switched to a camera from that section.