If Loggains is fired, who will be the next OC?

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
WAY too early for this thread. Tons of HC's, OC's, passing game coordinators, and QB coaches on the market after Black Monday for coaches league wide.

But they'll all be re-treads. Hopefully they're not looking at failures, but rather up and comers. I know that's kind of hard to do given the incestuous careers of coaches.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is this pin the tail on the donkey? Changing the OC just means someone isn't taking this seriously.

That will probably happen, but it doesn't mean anything.

Rgrigutis

Liked Posts:
Look we just need two new tackles and a stud tight end! All better!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most guys reckon Fox is completely entrenched and that there is almost zero chance he gets fired.

Just because a lot of people believe something with zero evidence and zero clue what the fuck they are talking about doesn't make it true.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What qualified OC is going to come to a dumpster fire, with a coach on the hot seat, and the pressure of a rookie QB?

Answer, none.

The only way to get an up echelon play caller is to give them the Head Coaching job.

Username

Liked Posts:
What qualified OC is going to come to a dumpster fire, with a coach on the hot seat, and the pressure of a rookie QB?

Answer, none.

The only way to get an up echelon play caller is to give them the Head Coaching job.

That sounds really familiar...where have I heard that before..?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike McCoy?

Probably doesn get fired.

Might even get a HC gig.

Probably won't jump onto John Fox's sinking ship.

Coaches want security. There is no security coming off a top 3 pick type of season and a worse record than Marc Trestman.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably doesn get fired.

Might even get a HC gig.

Probably won't jump onto John Fox's sinking ship.

Coaches want security. There is no security coming off a top 3 pick type of season and a worse record than Marc Trestman.

The guy that worked with manning for years in indy, then he moved to arizona, is it Tom Moore? if i got the name right, he's a guy i wanted to see here years ago. that guy turned manning around n got the cards off n running pretty well. he's another of those QB whisperers i guess lol, but i would luv to see a guy with his talents here, especially if we draft our future QB next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The guy that worked with manning for years in indy, then he moved to arizona, is it Tom Moore? if i got the name right, he's a guy i wanted to see here years ago. that guy turned manning around n got the cards off n running pretty well. he's another of those QB whisperers i guess lol, but i would luv to see a guy with his talents here, especially if we draft our future QB next year.

He is 80.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that it depends on what position they end up in the draft.

If they end up 1 then they can hire an OC to work with whatever QB they think they may take. If they end up later, or plan on trading for Hometown Jimmy that may change who they hire.

If they get Jimmy or draft Kiser, I would look at Jim Bob Cooter if he is fired. He has really done a lot with Stafford from the pocket.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That sounds really familiar...where have I heard that before..?

When Mike Martz became our OC.

MartzAttacks.jpg

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that it depends on what position they end up in the draft.

If they end up 1 then they can hire an OC to work with whatever QB they think they may take. If they end up later, or plan on trading for Hometown Jimmy that may change who they hire.

If they get Jimmy or draft Kiser, I would look at Jim Bob Cooter if he is fired. He has really done a lot with Stafford from the pocket.

Am I missing something here? Why would he be fired?

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is 80.

lol, i know he is old, but so are half the coaches in the league. heck just seen ole jim mora on a vid n he's still fiery lol at 81. but as i mentioned, if we draft an elite, or top QB, we have to have a guy capable of teaching him, n teaching him right, well imho Moore fits that bill. the only young guy seems to have real good offensive skills is josh mcdaniels n i can't stand that guy, lol. if he came here, you know for sure jay's gone lol.

Bigdaddybear

Liked Posts:
Don't think Fox is gon make it through this season.

Pace prob gon fire Fox, draft a QB, bring in a new staff, and lean on that to buy him 3 more years.

I hope they would keep fangio or even maybe promote him to head coach. Give him a shot he's earned it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Am I missing something here? Why would he be fired?

If the Caldwell staff gets cleaned out.

He seemed on pretty thin ice when the new GM had in interview for his job and it looks like they are heading for a bad year. I wonder if the Lions is the landing spot for McDaniels.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Caldwell staff gets cleaned out.

He seemed on pretty thin ice when the new GM had in interview for his job and it looks like they are heading for a bad year. I wonder if the Lions is the landing spot for McDaniels.

Fair enough. Just wasn't sure if I missed something with Detroit being unhappy with Cooter specifically more so than Caldwell over all.