If Loggains is fired, who will be the next OC?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. Just wasn't sure if I missed something with Detroit being unhappy with Cooter specifically more so than Caldwell over all.

No I think they like Cooter.

I know Fox wanted to interview him and the Lions promoted him that season when Lombardi was canned.

I wonder if Pete Carmichael could be pried away from Payton in NO. Lots of experience, familiar with Pace, would help his HC resume if he could develop a QB away from Payton.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jim Bob Cooter. Gimme some Cooter.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know Fox wanted to interview him and the Lions promoted him that season when Lombardi was canned.

I wonder if Pete Carmichael could be pried away from Payton in NO. Lots of experience, familiar with Pace, would help his HC resume if he could develop a QB away from Payton.

Hell, there are rumors Payton could be on his way out....Tell me that wouldn't put Pace in an interesting spot. Bears look awful this year and Payton is available to hire as the HC.....

That's that storyline to watch as it possibly develops.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hell, there are rumors Payton could be on his way out....Tell me that wouldn't put Pace in an interesting spot. Bears look awful this year and Payton is available to hire as the HC.....

That's that storyline to watch as it possibly develops.

I wonder if the 1st or 2nd pick and a blank slate would draw him to Chicago?

John Fox gets the Rick Renteria

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Don't think Fox is gon make it through this season.

Pace prob gon fire Fox, draft a QB, bring in a new staff, and lean on that to buy him 3 more years.
Throw a rookie qb into the fire. Fuck, great logic there

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Not enamoured with the NO/Denver connection. Starts at the top.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter who replaces him, I know a little league coach in Chicago who could do better, be less predictable.

I also know a Maddon player I would rather call plays. I mean it takes real pinheads to put a guy like Loggains in charge, we are fucking screwed. Fox and Pace MUST be pinheads by default for going along with this, and by all appearances of their press conferences, they are drowning in a deep end of modern football they are in no way prepared for.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
What qualified OC is going to come to a dumpster fire, with a coach on the hot seat, and the pressure of a rookie QB?

Answer, none.

The only way to get an up echelon play caller is to give them the Head Coaching job.

This is how "coach killers" are made. Especially if management is unable/unwilling to cede money and/or power.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Having a rookie QB to develop would be a great opportunity/attraction versus the coach killing waste Cutty.

Nope. Then you set up the next young QB to become a coach killer by continually getting second and third rate retreads at OC that are not good enough to commit to long-term. Which means you keep changing systems every 1-2 years and personnel who may not fit the new system (see Olsen, Greg and various linesmen).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jay Gruden
Mike McCoy
Jim Caldwell

Those are the only offensive HCs that I could see being fired.

There is an allure to a fired HC as they usually do not get a swiped from you to be a HC again.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't think Fox is gon make it through this season.

Pace prob gon fire Fox, draft a QB, bring in a new staff, and lean on that to buy him 3 more years.

You really think the family is going to eat that contract after two years? I would be shocked if that happened.

Anyone know how much is guaranteed after this year?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
What makes you think he isn't calling the plays already?

This is what it always boils down to for me. Run to the left should be changed to run to the right, seems like it always goes to a pass. I see changes with Cutler from the first play, where just about every team scripts out the first 10-15 plays. That allows the coaches to see how the defense is attacking those plays. I also think its a reason there are poor adjustments made at half time with the limited data.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
I would think the new coach would have to retain the defensive coaches. #bearsway

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would think the new coach would have to retain the defensive coaches. #bearsway

Lord I hope not. Fangio has been fucking awful this year.