The next head coach??

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace and McDaniels click then I have no problem giving Hoody Jr another shot. He is young, smart, and deserves a 2nd crack.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
This franchise will be crap as long as it's owned by people who live off it's profits, and not by some billionaire who wants accolades and success first, money second.

Bottom line, from management standpoint, Bears need a huge overhaul, top to bottom, they need to hire football version of Theo Epstein and go down from there.

Angelo, Emery, Pace, bad ownership hires bad personnel, who hire bad coaches (Lovie, Trestman, Fox) and draft players who lack talent (just look at Bears 1st round picks in last 10 years or so), and then you're forced to watch mediocre to bad Bears football.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwartz is such a douche I don't think I could stomach it.

Same can be said of McDanials though, Swartz turned the Bills D into a top 5 unit (then Rex and his idiot brother came in), and seems to be working miracles with the Eagles D so far.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it interesting that people keep saying we need to hire the "football version of Theo Epstein". Obviously that's true - but the irony of that statement is that nobody even has the patience to see if Pace can be that guy. Have people forgotten that the Cubs rebuild took 4 years before they were contenders? The first three years under Epstein, he let the Cubs completely bottom out while acquiring assets and young talent that could be developed. We just started year two of the Pace era and everyone wants to jump ship. We could hire the "Theo Epstein" of football, but if fans had their way, we'd never find out. I don't like a lot of the moves Pace has made so far, but it's way too early to say he's been a failure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long has Josh still has that lessonslearned.xls saved, I'm willing to give him a second chance at HC. A big plus would be it would really piss off these Cutler fanboys.

Can you imagine when McDaniels dumps Cutler for a 2nd time, hilarious.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
SO how bout after Mcdaniels? Kubiak then Super Bowl?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt Patricia would interest me as well, even though he is not an offensive coach.

Especially if he can pair himself with an experienced OC, maybe a fired HC.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same can be said of McDanials though, Swartz turned the Bills D into a top 5 unit (then Rex and his idiot brother came in), and seems to be working miracles with the Eagles D so far.

Different degree of douchedom, besides I'm not too fond of Lion's castoffs.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I find it interesting that people keep saying we need to hire the "football version of Theo Epstein". Obviously that's true - but the irony of that statement is that nobody even has the patience to see if Pace can be that guy. Have people forgotten that the Cubs rebuild took 4 years before they were contenders? The first three years under Epstein, he let the Cubs completely bottom out while acquiring assets and young talent that could be developed. We just started year two of the Pace era and everyone wants to jump ship. We could hire the "Theo Epstein" of football, but if fans had their way, we'd never find out. I don't like a lot of the moves Pace has made so far, but it's way too early to say he's been a failure.

In this article here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...pace-biggs-bears-spt-0410-20160409-story.html

Pace says and I quote.

I expect us to compete next year. I look at how we competed last year and the close games we were in with what we had. Now we're going to have players back healthy that we didn't have last year. We're to our second year in the system where guys will be playing more naturally, more comfortable and we're going to have a whole new free-agent class and a whole new draft class.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox will be fired. One could could make the case that it will be after this year. Or, one could cling to the "McCaskeys won't fire a coach with time on his contract" but that is been proven untrue and is in the past. Fox will need to do better this year and, if he retains his job, he'll have to make a very serious playoff run next year. And that will be hard to do with a rookie or re-tread QB. Things aren't working out as planned or thought and something will have to give if the Bears' schedule gets worse this year.

And if he has that rookie QB next year they will have to bring in a QB guru and get a new OC if they aren't the same guy.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
What difference does the coach make? This org is in bad shape. I don't think any coach would make a difference. Need talent to coach.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Assuming we take anything that comes out of Halas Hall at face value, does Pace have the balls/authority to fire a veteran head coach? That to me is what everything boils down to, given that we are going to have seriously underperformed this year by any metric.

If he can make that move, get the new appointments right and got on a QB then he will have redeemed himself in my eyes and I'll be optimistic about the future. If we go 3-13 and Fox is still around then we will know exactly where the power lies in the organisation and we should be very afraid.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Assuming we take anything that comes out of Halas Hall at face value, does Pace have the balls/authority to fire a veteran head coach? That to me is what everything boils down to, given that we are going to have seriously underperformed this year by any metric.

If he can make that move, get the new appointments right and got on a QB then he will have redeemed himself in my eyes and I'll be optimistic about the future. If we go 3-13 and Fox is still around then we will know exactly where the power lies in the organisation and we should be very afraid.

I think it would be fucking awesome even if the Mcaskeys said no to firing fox if Pace just grabbed life by the balls and publicly fired him.

MikeDitka

Liked Posts:
Urban Meyer, all he does is win where ever he goes

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is a guy, Chris Jones-
He coaches for the Edmonton Eskimos and won the Grey cup last year in the CFL.
I think the bears should try and entice him down here to coach.

Wikipedia says he has a couple daughters so the guys on here could really enjoy that.

Besides, wouldnt you think a canadian head coach could be a successful coach in the NFL?

:troll:

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Pace can't tell the public his plan is to build for the future and not the present. He can't say it's in the best interest of the team going forward to get a higher draft pick or to play young players even if they suck at the moment.

Two years ago fans and media were questioning Theo and wondering if he was ever going to turn this around. Give Pace time. Let's see what he does with Fox and cutler.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Two years ago fans and media were questioning Theo and wondering if he was ever going to turn this around. Give Pace time. Let's see what he does with Fox and cutler.

We have seen, he fucked Fox and done nothing with Cutler in 2 years. How many years until that sinks in for you?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
McDaniels is the guy I'd want. Give him a second chance. Pairing him with Kizer would be exciting. Maybe Fangio and Donatell would stay too. That would be awesome.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I would fire John Fox

He won't be fired, he is entrenched.

"entrenched"?

LOL

guy is a below .500 HC without Manning.

You'll flip-flop on this one like you do on most of your "stated facts", that's your thing.