Some Interesting Quarterback Stats

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
BringBackDitka54......bottom line, ya play this game to win. A Qb is suppose to be a key ( not the only factor).....but a big key to winning. If ur consistently losing with the same Qb.....then ya gotta move to a Qb who's a big key to winning. It's not quantum physics.

There's a middle ground between the bottom line and quantum physics.

You need to set your quarterback up with solid pieces around him. Bears fans should know this better than anyone.

Would u like me to give a list of Qb's who never had all the QUOTE solid pieces around them Un-QUOTE......and still found ways to win. Let me know

mecha

Liked Posts:
here's a quarterback stat for you.

a quarterback throws 28 touchdowns in a season. at CCS, that's uber jizz load blowing stats.

STILL LESS THAN 2 TOUCHDOWNS A GAME

fathom that pile of fuck

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wanna know what I find interesting? How few sacks he took while with Denver. Strange given your analysis above.

They had two very good OTs and Shanahan runs a lot of that boot, half field stuff (I'm not knocking it) that makes it easier to get the ball out.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is also interesting is Hoyer is projected to only move the ball into the end zone when the Bears are at least down by 21 points and most defenses are in a prevent scheme, while jay has his team at least competitive before the half ends.

I don't know about you guys but I rather have a QB who doesn't do shit until the game isn't worth watching and can throw to White once the defense stops pressing him than a QB who keeps the game close

Then again this is based on an unbiased but small sample size

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Would u like me to give a list of Qb's who never had all the QUOTE solid pieces around them Un-QUOTE......and still found ways to win. Let me know
If u hold down the shift key and push the key two spaces over to the right of the letter L key, u don't need to spell out "QUOTE" and "Un-QUOTE." Just a little time saver for "u."

Oh and can you publish that list of yours?
Thanks in advance.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If u hold down the shift key and push the key two spaces over to the right of the letter L key, u don't need to spell out "QUOTE" and "Un-QUOTE." Just a little time saver for "u."

Oh and can you publish that list of yours?
Thanks in advance.

Stop asking him to post

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Cutler has 8 years of shitting in games, and your last sentence is in regards to small sample size. Just another day in PuttInButt World!

L9opK4.gif

Makes sense since I was just going off of mongo who in turn was basing things off this season but you already knew that and just wanted to insult me instead of talking football . Where is FT? I prefer to talk to the better half.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they should fire their choreographer

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK, that makes even more sense to be going off something that Mongo said. He also has a "small sample size".

And now, introducing the PutInButt Showgirls!

L9opK4.gif

Yeah ill just continue to wait on FT, hell I'd rather talk to run and shoot at this point

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what I'm saying is.....he doesn't let sacks or OL become a excuse for not producing.

Cutler does? Weird, I've never heard him blame anything on anyone. I think you have fans confused.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is also interesting is Hoyer is projected to only move the ball into the end zone when the Bears are at least down by 21 points and most defenses are in a prevent scheme, while jay has his team at least competitive before the half ends.

I don't know about you guys but I rather have a QB who doesn't do shit until the game isn't worth watching and can throw to White once the defense stops pressing him than a QB who keeps the game close

Then again this is based on an unbiased but small sample size

Yeah- Jay did fairly decent for the first half of the texans game. Then managed to direct the offense to less than 70 yards and zero points in the last 7 drives.
Then, vs philly, one scoring drive and 2 turnovers.

Maybe it is nostalgia that leaves you biased against Hoyer... but you seem to be slamming Hoyer for production in garbage time when Jay has not even managed that this year.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah- Jay did fairly decent for the first half of the texans game. Then managed to direct the offense to less than 70 yards and zero points in the last 7 drives.

Maybe it is nostalgia that leaves you biased against Hoyer... but you seem to be slamming Hoyer for production in garbage time when Jay has not even managed that this year.

Jay also hasn't faced garbage time this year but don't let that stop the agenda or narrative or whatever.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Not biased against hoyer, just being honest and like another poster pointed out Jay hasn't faced garbage time this year.
Now we all know you are a fan of hoyer but going off of mongo's unbiased small sample size dude hasn't done jack until the game is pretty much over. Am I lying?

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but what about Jay's 4th quarter rating and all those "comeback" wins from previous seasons? They have to count for something.

I just love how Hoyer gets slammed for only producing in garbage time, and then compared to Cutler...when Cutler has played in about 5 meaningful games during his 8 years in Chicago and has made a career out of 'garbage time'. Its the height of absurdity. "This guy must be worse than Cutler...he only produces when the defense stops pressing him".

Get a clue, people.

Are you serious? Comeback wins don't happen in garbage time. If Hoyer had pressed on that last drive and scored a TD with time on the clock there's a.different outlook on the game. Down 7 with a little time. I'd be thinking differently about how Hoyer played regardless of the ending. Instead he didn't do shit, and dunked down the field failing.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are you serious? Comeback wins don't happen in garbage time. If Hoyer had pressed on that last drive and scored a TD with time on the clock there's a.different outlook on the game. Down 7 with a little time. I'd be thinking differently about how Hoyer played regardless of the ending. Instead he didn't do shit, and dunked down the field failing.

Lol I saw that too. I too think comeback wins equate to garbage time

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not biased against hoyer, just being honest and like another poster pointed out Jay hasn't faced garbage time this year.
Now we all know you are a fan of hoyer but going off of mongo's unbiased small sample size dude hasn't done jack until the game is pretty much over. Am I lying?

You're lying about him being a "fan" of Hoyer. No one's a "fan" of Hoyer.

You guys are arguing about two turds in a toilet bowl.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're lying about him being a "fan" of Hoyer. No one's a "fan" of Hoyer.

You guys are arguing about two turds in a toilet bowl.

Airtime has made a thread abouto hoyer, look it up and it isn't even a bad thing to be a fan of hoyer as he did play decent when given a chance with the Texans

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"comeback" wins are a misnomer in itself. Jay Cutler led the NFL last year with 4 4th quarter "comebacks"...too bad he had only 6 wins on the season, no? His last comeback win was a 1-yard pass on the 1st play of the 4th quarter against a terrible Tampa team...it changed the score from 14-13 Tampa to 20-14 Chicago. Cutler threw for 156 yards that day, and the Bears had already been eliminated from postseason contention. Riveting stuff.

Definitely NOT garbage time.

If you're not trolling right now this is the dumbest post I've seen in awhile. There's a difference between garbage time and a losing season. During garbage time the defense gives up the short to prevent the long play. Defenses are still trying to stop Cutler when he lead the team to a win against the bucs. But you already knew this and are just talking shit. At least I hope.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're right...Jay Cutler is definitely NOT a QB who doesn't do shit until the game isn't worth watching. Thats what the last 8 years have taught us!

Keep going with this line of thinking...its incredible. It dovetails nicely with your comment last week that we can't really judge Jay Cutler yet, because he hasn't been given the tools to succeed.

L9opK4.gif

Please show me where I said we couldn't judge Cutler yet because he hasn't been given the tools to succeed last week. You seem to be going into meltdown mode now. All of a sudden comebacks dont mean anything if it is against a terrible team or if the team has a losing season now? Again where is your better half?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you're not trolling right now this is the dumbest post I've seen in awhile. There's a difference between garbage time and a losing season. During garbage time the defense gives up the short to prevent the long play. Defenses are still trying to stop Cutler when he lead the team to a win against the bucs. But you already knew this and are just talking shit. At least I hope.

He isn't trolling. This him trying to walk on his own. According to Rory all defenses just don't care anymore if the opponent has a losing season or their team is already ahead but not by enough that a td won't surpass them on the scoreboard