Cubs lay Cardinals to Rest

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year the Cubs shook their demons by taking out the Cardinals in a playoff series, and this year they put the nail in the coffin by taking a series meaningless to Cubs, but with Cardinals life on the line.

Once again, they suppressed their former master, and have put the cherry on top, clearly transitioning ownership of the Central that has for so long belonged in St. Louis.

These Cubs are young, and win world series or not this is already a huge accomplishment for the young group, and makes this a triumphant Cubs season either way.

Beating the Cardinals is step 1 in potential season accomplishments. Then win the division. Win 100 games. Develop the best young lineup, playing the best defense right now.

The only question left is will they get bat production from the catcher spot in this playoffs, and will the middle relief be needed and be lights out?

If Rodon-Strop-Ewards Jr. lock in this Octover, I think its lights out for MLB and we can start talking about "how many?" like the blackhawks.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Good night, St. Louis. Bring on NYM or SF. If we can survive the NLDS, we'll win the pennant.

Hey - I'm just thrilled to be in the playoffs. I can't wait for next Friday. It's gonna be electric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a side bet with one of the Mods that you have some bodies in your refrigerator.

Or maybe just some "skeletons" in my "closet"...if you know what I mean. ;) ;)

And I know you do.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
Was at the season finale yesterday at Cincinnati. Was really lamenting the fact that we stranded 10 runners on base and it looked like we were going to lose but then the magic in the ninth happened. Cubbies rallied and with 2 outs take the lead and the day, take a victory into the playoffs.
Could not have planned it better Sunday.
Seeing St. Louis knocked out the playoffs in the same time span was the icing on a regular season cake that I have treasured. We all have friends and family that never saw our franchise look this good with a future so bright. Like OP said World Series win or no this has been an awesome ride.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wow the Cards suck balls. Was looking forward to destroying them in the NLDS. Now we'll never get that chance. Oh well -- they can watch us play in the post season.