Q'ing

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How to Q. Its the final answer until it isn't. Its always permanent. Never the same.

Panarin-Toews-Panik
Motte-AA-Kane
Schmaltz-Rasmusin-Hinostroza
Desjardins-Kruger-Hossa

McNeil, Mashinter, (Hino may go down initially to keep 8 of these young defensemen w/ Rozy, to keep Forsling/Kempny in America to start the season)
I believe this group pressures and frustrates the opponent pretty well. We can wait for the goals to come.

I personally think the franchise should move on from Rozy, Toottoo immediately and see which young guys they can develop into more expansive hockey roles with trade value rather than give these two placeholding.

McNeil and waivers....

I gotta think the best thing for the franchise is to keep McNeil up and at least look at him for a week or two, let him get a couple starts and trade/release if he can't win 4th center.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Title thread should probably be Stanbowing......

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Qing has made me think any hawk fan doing roster line projections is an Ahab.

The only line combo sticking that occurs is when consecutive wins role around and Q doesn't touch it. Otherwise shifting will always occur.

Though of Kruger and Hossa play together I think you need a more full game plater than Desji. He can stick on the other bottom six line

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Qing has made me think any hawk fan doing roster line projections is an Ahab.

The only line combo sticking that occurs is when consecutive wins role around and Q doesn't touch it. Otherwise shifting will always occur.

Though of Kruger and Hossa play together I think you need a more full game plater than Desji. He can stick on the other bottom six line

desi is just so smart, always causing problems and creating chances out of nothing or defense. If Hossa is on the move, I'd like to see him tried with Hossa to pair the intelligence and see what happens, maybe Schmaltz is a better center for them, and let Kruger stabilize some young energy kids on the 4th.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pan-Toews-Panik
Motte-AA-Kane
Desj-Schmaltz-Hossa
Hinostroza-Kruger-Mashinter

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My lineup when Dejardins gets back but before midterm trade would be....

Panarin-Toews-Panik
Hartman-AA-Kane
Hinostroza-Kruger-Hossa
Smaltz-Dejardins-Motte

To me this formation puts a solid wing engine (Hino) with some big cagey veterans. Since Hossa is a finisher to an extent, he gets saddled with locking down the D and being a thorn with any offense he can find. Hinostroza can skate around the extra miles for these two who like to burst energy occassionally.

Then give Desjardins and imposing young energy center and maybe our best young player. Split the faceoffs up aomngst this line, see what they can all do to take workload off desjardins. I believe these lines would have Blackhawks style integrity and teach everyone how to play this system that hasn't perfected it yet.

hartman likes the net enough, give him the privilidge and set-up for Kane and see if he gives you his body for Kaner. Explain to him his defensive role there and see if he can rise to the occasion. Bickell was good in that spot at times, and Buff, and Shaw so you don't need a ton of skill but a ton of grit to play next to kane. Panarin is perfect because he has both, they are the best tandem of all time. Pound for pound. imo

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Something tells me Fortin at 19 was more ready than Hartman will ever be. I expect him back in Rockford within weeks, and maybe we call up McNeil out of desperation.

We need a trade for a forward or two. If TVR or Pokka get in form maybe they can be useful in a trade. Or fill-in for a top 6 defender being traded. Might want to sell Seabrook or Hammer high if we aren't going to be able to compete for a championship...like if Crow got hurt or something. Those things are yet to be seen. For now I am dreaming of end game after the sifting.

Motte-Toews-Panik
Pan-AA-Kane (I think you just don't break up something that works so balanced at this point.)
Schmaltz-McNeil/Moose-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Hinostroza

If the SMH line is a thing, Motte-Schmaltz-Hossa works then its a season saver. Let it roll. Using those limited third line minutes to preserved Hossa as well for the playoffs. Good situation there, and a smart veteran who will be good for the best young prospects we have.

Its that damn 1LW spot. Mother fuck we just can't figure that out. Panik is a savior or we would need TWO guys for top 6. At the end of the day, unless we get more depth from somewhere, Hino with Desjardins-Kruger is something that intruges me defensivly.

Right now two different SMH lines are our hope. Motte-Smaltz-Hossa, or Schmaltz-Moose-Hossa would be something I might look into, giving Motte a further shot at 1LW

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something tells me Fortin at 19 was more ready than Hartman will ever be. I expect him back in Rockford within weeks, and maybe we call up McNeil out of desperation.

We need a trade for a forward or two. If TVR or Pokka get in form maybe they can be useful in a trade. Or fill-in for a top 6 defender being traded. Might want to sell Seabrook or Hammer high if we aren't going to be able to compete for a championship...like if Crow got hurt or something. Those things are yet to be seen. For now I am dreaming of end game after the sifting.

Motte-Toews-Panik
Pan-AA-Kane (I think you just don't break up something that works so balanced at this point.)
Schmaltz-McNeil/Moose-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Hinostroza

If the SMH line is a thing, Motte-Schmaltz-Hossa works then its a season saver. Let it roll. Using those limited third line minutes to preserved Hossa as well for the playoffs. Good situation there, and a smart veteran who will be good for the best young prospects we have.

Its that damn 1LW spot. Mother fuck we just can't figure that out. Panik is a savior or we would need TWO guys for top 6. At the end of the day, unless we get more depth from somewhere, Hino with Desjardins-Kruger is something that intruges me defensivly.

Right now two different SMH lines are our hope. Motte-Smaltz-Hossa, or Schmaltz-Moose-Hossa would be something I might look into, giving Motte a further shot at 1LW
The thing is, it's not. In fact, I don't think anyone making more than 1M aside from Seabrook, Hjammer, and Crawford (say what you will, he only let one 5-5 goal against and, like Darling, has had no help on the PK and bailed the team out quite a few times) have really *worked* at this point, and that's a problem.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
trade-Toews-Panik
Panarin-AA-Kane
Motte-Schmaltz-Hossa
Hartman(desjardins)-Kruger-Hino/Toottoo

I don't know what to try really. Motte is doing well on the first line but it just doesn't really scare me long term. When Desjardins gets back, and we make a trade for a more experienced 1LW, I think this current roster will be formidable and go on its typical december run.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
trade-Toews-Panik
Panarin-AA-Kane
Motte-Schmaltz-Hossa
Hartman(desjardins)-Kruger-Hino/Toottoo

I don't know what to try really. Motte is doing well on the first line but it just doesn't really scare me long term. When Desjardins gets back, and we make a trade for a more experienced 1LW, I think this current roster will be formidable and go on its typical december run.

Not until Toews, Keith, Campbell, and Hjammer decide to show up. No matter who we get for 1LW we're going nowhere fast unless the stars play like stars.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What ever happen to the random line generator tool we had here a while back? Was that IHN? Wish we could get that thing back and have some fun.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Bowman thinks he can just trade away borderline top 6 talent like Shaw/Teuvo and find replacements but he fucked up this time because he couldn't get Vesey or the Russian dude from Edmonton.

Vesey would look awfully good on line one, and Motte would make that third line look pretty serviceable.

We have 1 fucking line that is legit and the way it will be at end of season right now.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's just me, but I think you should wait until after Thanksgiving to decide the sky is falling on this season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Gotta say, not to say much but October 14-15 the pk was horrible and costing them games too. It got to a good point in November

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta say, not to say much but October 14-15 the pk was horrible and costing them games too. It got to a good point in November

October 2014-15?
You couldn't be more wrong if that's your argument.
The PK was 29-32 in the month of October in the 14-15 season for a .906 %.
The four games they lost in that month, the PK was 100% (7 for 7).

This month through 7 games - 12 for 26 (I had to double-check those stats because it's horrid) for an abysmal 46% rate. Yes, the sample size is small, but it should be alarming that it's that low-- even for a 7 game sample size. I don't think I can remember a PK being that bad in a stretch, but we'll see as October winds down with the games against NJ and LA, but I bet they won't fair much better.
If the Hawks can pot 4-5 goals per game, they will have a decent shot at making the wild card this season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Huh read an article not long about from then, thought it was that year too but because I know it started bad I'm 13 after the cup and everyone said it's too soft and will fail yet Ben smith along Kruger eventually solidified it

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on a 10 game sample, the Habs won the Stanley cup last season. Too early to prognosticate anything.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on a 10 game sample, the Habs won the Stanley cup last season. Too early to prognosticate anything.

I need to find my tweet where I said that they were missing the playoffs after going 9-0.
[edit] Whoops, didn't predict failure, but I was close.

KanHfoI.png

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't throwing in the towel. I was saying that only 1 line we currently have will even be still rolling in 3 months. 2 of them might be 2/3's formed. Maybe not.

Anyway, lots of Q'ing left to be done. This thread isn't titled "panik"

Its titled Q'ing. I just got frustrated with the choices. Had a little relapse into Shaw/Teuvo lament.

Is Rodovan Bondra available? The guy has played with men since 15 years old because he is so big and strong and early formed. Not NHL men, but he is 19 now and likely the Hawks need that next big Hulk to emerge to win the next cup.

Buff, Bickell, Vermette(I know this is questionable but that roster was so deep it didin't matter) is a legacy of hulking forwards that carry this pussified speed team with warrior defenders anywhere.

I say get Baun and Bondra up here for TooToo and TVR (send to Rockford until he regains form and can be traded).
Get some young muscle in the engine.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You can't call up guys from the ohl until their season ends.

And oddly tootoo has had great corsi numbers since the line of him Rasmussen and Kruger has been going. They may of only scored one goal but also held possession well and I don't think have given any up

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk