NLDS Start Times Announced (first two games)

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Christ, I'm going to be up late on Friday night. I have a 6 month old at home and we're so tired we usually are in bed by 8:30pm. Gonna be screwed on Saturday, haha.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
11. Thats the magic number

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am sure the beer sales are making the organization happy, but who knows what kind of fans will be in the park. it could be a dead all star game crowd with these ticket prices. You know the organization loves the night weekend shit. Just makes little sense that the #1 seed would get stuck with the late game in a town that lived on day baseball so long. Should also move game time to the 50 degree range and if its the Giants, will be closer to their regular start time.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I am sure the beer sales are making the organization happy, but who knows what kind of fans will be in the park. it could be a dead all star game crowd with these ticket prices. You know the organization loves the night weekend shit. Just makes little sense that the #1 seed would get stuck with the late game in a town that lived on day baseball so long. Should also move game time to the 50 degree range and if its the Giants, will be closer to their regular start time.
It's totally the call of MLB and the networks, not the Cubs

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that one of the things about the 2008 playoffs against the Dodgers? The crowd was primarily old, rich people who had zero enthusiasm?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im glad the Friday game is a night game ,otherwise id miss it cause of working during the day. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Im glad the Friday game is a night game ,otherwise id miss it cause of working during the day. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

We have a good friend who's playing an acoustic house show a couple hours north of us Friday night. The show starts at 7:00 and he usually plays about 1 1/2 hours but I might duck out a few minutes early. He wants to catch the game too, even though he is a Cardinals fan. If it had been the earlier game I would have missed the heart of it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
We have a good friend who's playing an acoustic house show a couple hours north of us Friday night. The show starts at 7:00 and he usually plays about 1 1/2 hours but I might duck out a few minutes early. He wants to catch the game too, even though he is a Cardinals fan. If it had been the earlier game I would have missed the heart of it.

With all due respect, tell your friend you have better plans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
With all reality it's game one of the playoffs, no need to change plans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Next time the Sox are playing in the post season, you go watch an acoustic show during game 1.

I was doing something else Game 4 of the World Series. Sorry, but sports IS NOT life.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
With all due respect, tell your friend you have better plans.

Well, first of all this is a very good friend and he doesn't get to Mississippi often so missing him entirely is not an option. Second this guy is as big and knowledgable a baseball fan as I know. There is a bar next door with a TV and if I need to step out I can and will. Despite his allegiance to the Cardinals he's going to join me when the show is over. Blowing off this event with a dozen good friends in attendance is not an option. That said I'll follow with my phone and step out as need be with the performer in complete support.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I was doing something else Game 4 of the World Series. Sorry, but sports IS NOT life.

Then why are you posting on a sports message board frequented by obsessed fans who spends hours on end debating?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

So you spend hours per day arguing and debating on internet sports forums -- but sports doesn't impact your life enough to watch a World Series game with your team in it?

Makes perfect sense.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Well, first of all this is a very good friend and he doesn't get to Mississippi often so missing him entirely is not an option. Second this guy is as big and knowledgable a baseball fan as I know. There is a bar next door with a TV and if I need to step out I can and will. Despite his allegiance to the Cardinals he's going to join me when the show is over. Blowing off this event with a dozen good friends in attendance is not an option. That said I'll follow with my phone and step out as need be with the performer in complete support.

By the way my friend Will is a musician but he's also an artist specializing in baseball. If you're into that kind of thing you should check him out:

I have these two hanging in my house and I'm going to commission him to do a Sandberg at some point

ernie-banks500.jpg

dock-ellis-500.jpg

http://www.will-johnson.com/paintings/

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So you spend hours per day arguing and debating on internet sports forums -- but sports doesn't impact your life enough to watch a World Series game with your team in it?

Makes perfect sense.

too often, you make cub fans look dumb