My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Jon Lester, Kyle Hendricks, Jake Arrieta, John Lackey.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Yep with Montgomery waiting in the wings if somebody is getting roughed up. Very pleased with this.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I think most of us can agree, thats best rotation set up for the Cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Last 30:

Lester: 4-1 1.60 ERA 5 BB 33 SO .210 BAA
Hendricks: 3-1 2.32 ERA 5 BB 31 SO .219 BAA
Arrieta: 2-2 5.01 ERA 9 BB 22 SO .267 BAA
Lackey: 2-1 3.24 ERA 9 BB 20 SO .250 BAA

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bruce Levine was on the score trying to stir the pot about the cubs going out to get Lackey for his post season performances. I really dont get it, you are probably giving him the clinch game for either team, is that not the most important game? I dont think anyone expects a sweep.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yep with Montgomery waiting in the wings if somebody is getting roughed up. Very pleased with this.

Apparently they threw Hamel in the simulated game to make sure he was healthy. Dont rule out Hamel making this roster if someone cant make it to the 5th for whatever reason.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Bruce Levine was on the score trying to stir the pot about the cubs going out to get Lackey for his post season performances. I really dont get it, you are probably giving him the clinch game for either team, is that not the most important game? I dont think anyone expects a sweep.

Bruce Levine is an idiot. That is all.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jake has to match up with either Madbum or Thor. Cubs have beat Thor in the past. Madbum owns them. Jake has beat Thor on a head to head last year. Over all it is not a bad place to put him. Game 4 they need to win more.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Jake has to match up with either Madbum or Thor. Cubs have beat Thor in the past. Madbum owns them. Jake has beat Thor on a head to head last year. Over all it is not a bad place to put him. Game 4 they need to win more.

Yeah, I probably agree with this. Jake is inconsistent and I don't particularly trust him -- but he has higher upside than Lackey. Jake is capable of going the distance and giving up no runs. At his best, he can go toe-to-toe with those guys. Unfortunately, there is a decent chance his command is poor and he gets shelled for 6 runs in 5 innings.

With Lackey, we pretty much know what we're going to get. He'll probably give up 2 or 3 runs and keep us in the game - as long as we are not facing a guy like Madbum or Thor. To beat those guys, you pretty much need to toss a shut out or 1-run game. So I wouldn't waste Lackey's 2 or 3 run performance against a guy those top guys because the odds are we won't get 4 runs.

So while I wouldn't count on Jake out pitching those guys, I think he's the best option in game 3.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If it goes to game 4 who would pitch for either team? Game 1 guy or their 4?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
If it goes to game 4 who would pitch for either team? Game 1 guy or their 4?

I would think it's Lackey for the Cubs regardless. For the Mets it's pretty unlikely that you trot out a 43 year old pitcher on short rest. The only team of the three that might go with the 1st starter would be the Giants and Cueto but even then only if they're down 2-1 I would think. My biggest question for the Giants would be who would start game 2, Samardzija or Moore.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Thats really interesting. Shark, in Wrigley, against the team he thumbed his nose at is a ton of pressure. But I kinda think Shark is the type of pitcher that would love that challenge.

Sounds like most people are picking the giants tonight.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would guess it would be Cueto, Moore, Madbum. If they are up they go with Shark game 4 lining up their rotation again. If down then Cueto

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I would guess it would be Cueto, Moore, Madbum. If they are up they go with Shark game 4 lining up their rotation again. If down then Cueto

Probably but Samardzija has been much better in his last 5 starts than Moore.

Samardzija 1-2 2.48 ERA, 1.075 WHIP, 10.7 K/9
Moore- 4-1 3.77 ERA, 1.326 WHUP, 10.0 K/9

If I were them Samardzija would just edge out Moore although they'll probably go the other way, mainly because while Shark has been steady Moore has pitched a couple of gems, but that's a tough decision.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
As I stated earlier, I would go Moore in a heart beat if I'm SF. He DESTROYED the Dodgers and did nasty, nasty things against Arizona and Colorado. 11 K's and 0 BB's. I want nothing to do with him.

We'll light Shark up all day long.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Thats really interesting. Shark, in Wrigley, against the team he thumbed his nose at is a ton of pressure. But I kinda think Shark is the type of pitcher that would love that challenge.

Sounds like most people are picking the giants tonight.

Syndergaard is nasty but how can anybody pick against Madbum in a one game playoff?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
As I stated earlier, I would go Moore in a heart beat if I'm SF. He DESTROYED the Dodgers and did nasty, nasty things against Arizona and Colorado. 11 K's and 0 BB's. I want nothing to do with him.

We'll light Shark up all day long.

And yet the numbers over the same 5 games say something different. Moore is more inconsistent than Samardzija and if I'm playing in the NLDS I go consistant over a guy that pitched a couple of great games.