Game 1- Lester vs. Cueto 9:15 ET

CuMQVZxVYAAo4rB.jpg

Last edited:

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
My prediction: Cubs in 5.

Game 1: SF 3, Cubs 1.

Game 2: Cubs 3, SF 1.

Game 3: SF 2, Cubs 0. Madbum throws a complete game 1 hitter.

Game 4: Cubs 4, SF 3.

Game 5: Cubs 5, SF 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My prediction: Cubs in 5.

Game 1: SF 3, Cubs 1.

Game 2: Cubs 3, SF 1.

Game 3: SF 2, Cubs 0. Madbum throws a complete game 1 hitter.

Game 4: Cubs 4, SF 3.

Game 5: Cubs 5, SF 1.

I don't think you understand how good you are. The Giants can't keep these Cubs under 5 in 3 games of this series, much less all 5.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its going to be a very interesting night if Shark gets game 2

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand how good you are. The Giants can't keep these Cubs under 5 in 3 games of this series, much less all 5.

Look at Cueto's playoff history. He will have one electric start. We'll get him the other time, but he will have one really good performance. And Baumgarten is the best post season pitcher in MLB hitter by a wide margin. Chalk that up as a L.

SF will get 2 on us.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Look at Cueto's playoff history. He will have one electric start. We'll get him the other time, but he will have one really good performance. And Baumgarten is the best post season pitcher in MLB hitter by a wide margin. Chalk that up as a L.

SF will get 2 on us.

If the Giants win 2 of the first three, the Cubs are done.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If the Giants win 2 of the first three, the Cubs are done.

Not if Cueto is on fire in game 1 and SF wins. I'd be stunned if Cueto has 2 dominate performances in the same series. If he's good in game 1 and SF wins, we will tag the crap out of him in game 5.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not if Cueto is on fire in game 1 and SF wins. I'd be stunned if Cueto has 2 dominate performances in the same series. If he's good in game 1 and SF wins, we will tag the crap out of him in game 5.

Maybe, and that assumes it makes it to a game 5

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
The Cubs win this thing for sure if they take the first 2 games. SF knows that and will want to steal one. Anything other than that and you're in crapshoot territory. I guarantee you that's what Joe and the team are talking about. Johnny Cueto is a good pitcher, so is John Lester. Jeff Samardzija is a good pitcher but I believe Kyle Hendricks to be a better one. Win the first two and let the rest fall as it may.

czman

Liked Posts:
Is it possible for bumgardner to pitch twice against the Cubs. I highly doubt it, but the Giants are a scary team in the playoffs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Cubs win this thing for sure if they take the first 2 games. SF knows that and will want to steal one. Anything other than that and you're in crapshoot territory. I guarantee you that's what Joe and the team are talking about. Johnny Cueto is a good pitcher, so is John Lester. Jeff Samardzija is a good pitcher but I believe Kyle Hendricks to be a better one. Win the first two and let the rest fall as it may.

Why would they be talking about anything other than winning game 1?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs need to win Game 1 with Lester

They cant put the pressure on Hendricks in Game 2 to win...

This matchup scares me cause of Giants pitching and post season experience..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Is it possible for bumgardner to pitch twice against the Cubs. I highly doubt it, but the Giants are a scary team in the playoffs.
Only if they reach a Game 5 and use him out of pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Predicting a five game series against two teams this matched in terms of their strengths is probably stupid. It's a crap shoot but what I will say is these are not the kind of teams that will lose 3 of 4 so I think it's easy: win game 1 (whoever it is) and you win the series.

The key to this series will be the bullpens and how quickly the Cubs get in to the Giants bullpen. The Giants don't have nearly the number of arms the Cubs do so they can't mix and match late in the game so you'll see Bryant face a lefty or Rizzo get a righty.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
No chance they pitch him out of the bullpen in game 5 on two days rest just to win the Division Series.

You are 100% wrong. They will absolutely pitch him out of the pen in game 5 to win.