Blackhawks, Oilers have discussed Nail Yakupov trade, per reports

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd trade him for McNeil, but what's his cap hit?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think about 3 fiddy

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Source, "deal getting close, but NOT DONE, other teams can emerge until it goes to the league." One Hawk player involved "may surprise"

TVR is rumored to be the player traded for "I play very little defense" Yapukov.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see this. Now is a great time to trade TVR/McNeil and get something. How many goals does he have to score this year to be considered a success?

25?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
very-interesting.jpg

I've heard rumblings of this, too--up to and including McNeil & Pokka for The Yak with salary retained--or some permutation thereof.

Don't know if there's anything to it, but depending on the pieces this could be very low risk with high award potential.

Besdies, it's not as if our netminding duo can't do well with bad defense in front of them...;)

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yak might work out, or he might not. Hard to tell, when he's been playing for a tire-fire of an organization in Edmonton.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There's definitely talent there with Yakupov, but I'm really worried about the knocks on his D game. That's the fastest way into Q's doghouse, and I don't see how Yak would be able to thrive here when he's busy getting benched by Q.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's definitely talent there with Yakupov, but I'm really worried about the knocks on his D game. That's the fastest way into Q's doghouse, and I don't see how Yak would be able to thrive here when he's busy getting benched by Q.

If that was the case Seabrook would have been riding the pine all year and Kane would not get much ice time.

I see Yak, depending on the move, a low-risk situation. He won't cripple the cap even without RSA and does add a potential scoring touch when people have been blithering about the scoring depth.

And again, it's not like Crawford can't put up a Vezina-caliber season behind the worst D the 'hawks have iced since 1989.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If that was the case Seabrook would have been riding the pine all year and Kane would not get much ice time.

I see Yak, depending on the move, a low-risk situation. He won't cripple the cap even without RSA and does add a potential scoring touch when people have been blithering about the scoring depth.

And again, it's not like Crawford can't put up a Vezina-caliber season behind the worst D the 'hawks have iced since 1989.

Seabrook has a much longer rep with Q, though. I think we've all seen what happens when new, younger players get lost in the defensive aspects of the game. Cough Morin cough Pirri cough

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Soooo...just curious how you are feeling about the team scoring depth? Those 3rd and 4th lines gonna light it up this season?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seabrook has a much longer rep with Q, though. I think we've all seen what happens when new, younger players get lost in the defensive aspects of the game. Cough Morin cough Pirri cough
True, but still, not being competant at D isn't a 100% killer.

See also. Rosival. 2014. Verpass, 2014

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Soooo...just curious how you are feeling about the team scoring depth? Those 3rd and 4th lines gonna light it up this season?
For one, Toews needs to earn his 10.5M

For 2, our D needs to earn their paycheque.

Even if the bottom lines are as offensively competant as 2011 and 2012, if they at least play D and open up the game for the top 2 lines we can still win games with Panarin, Kane, & Crawford doing the heavy lifting.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For one, Toews needs to earn his 10.5M

For 2, our D needs to earn their paycheque.

Even if the bottom lines are as offensively competant as 2011 and 2012, if they at least play D and open up the game for the top 2 lines we can still win games with Panarin, Kane, & Crawford doing the heavy lifting.

Looking for JT to have a BIG year. If he does he should also propel his linemates into more goals scored. Right now who will be on his wings, Panik and Motte/Shmaltz maybe Fortin... will they give him a 10 game tryout and send him down if he doesn't work out?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't believe for a second that they pull off a deal of this sort without including Q in the thought process....and I'm sure Q knows the kind of player this guy is. It would be silly for Q to ok this deal and drop the kid like a bag of dirt for defensive lapses. If the deal goes down, it's with Q's blessings.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't believe for a second that they pull off a deal of this sort without including Q in the thought process....and I'm sure Q knows the kind of player this guy is. It would be silly for Q to ok this deal and drop the kid like a bag of dirt for defensive lapses. If the deal goes down, it's with Q's blessings.

Even though Yakupov went to the Blues Stan has brought in other players over the years that Q may have said ya sure but he never ended up playing them much. Last season Fleishman and Weise from Montreal. Wiese has made a couple comments now that he's gone how it was perplexing to him how Q barely gave him any playtime.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They aren't retaining are they? Doesn't say in that deal with the Blues and based on the Blues off season they had cap to take it all.

Especially since they were trying to get back Sabokov from the khl. But he seems to not be able to get out of his contract there

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk