Future QB Talk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The biggest selling feature of trading for Jimmy G is that it opens us up to draft Myles Garrett.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest selling feature of trading for Jimmy G is that it opens us up to draft Myles Garrett.

Yeah if we trade for Jimmy G its going to cost us the pick that would select Myles Garrett. So no.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or did you mean our pick would entice the Pats to deal Jimmy for our pick so THEY could get take Garrett?

My bad if that's what you meant.

CUTLERthaGOAT

Liked Posts:
I still say we build the supporting cast these next 2-3 drafts and in 2019 or 2020 we snag up Jones from Duke. Dude brings his A game when hes playing in hostile environments and as a walk on redshirt frosh is holding his own. He is just making the expected frosh mistakes because he is not afraid to try and squeeze the ball into a tight window. I don't want 'check down' Trubisky in Chicago, he reminds me of a shorter Osweiler.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah if we trade for Jimmy G its going to cost us the pick that would select Myles Garrett. So no.

Jimmy G is not being traded for a top 10 pick.

The Bears would more than likely deal a couple of 2nd round picks.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G is not being traded for a top 10 pick.

The Bears would more than likely deal a couple of 2nd round picks.

I'd be lit.

Our second this year alone should be enough because it will be a fringe first. A second and a fourth maybe at best.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck does everyone want to trade for a backup game manager who will need to be paid like a seasoned starter immediately? I don't look at other teams' boards but I would bet that this is the only fan base so utterly petrified of drafting a QB. It's absolutely bizarre.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:

So may Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubinsky - at least for now.

I have a feeling Falk and Trubinsky will supplant Watson and Kaaya in the draft order. There will be good value outside the first this year at QB.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'd rather keep our 2nd. We're gonna need that.. Deepest CB draft possibly ever. Anything to get Porter off the field.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
Why the fuck does everyone want to trade for a backup game manager who will need to be paid like a seasoned starter immediately? I don't look at other teams' boards but I would bet that this is the only fan base so utterly petrified of drafting a QB. It's absolutely bizarre.

It depends if you like him better than the second round prospects this year. Because Myles Garrett.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
I'd rather keep our 2nd. Deepest CB draft possibly ever. We gonna need that. Anything to get Porter off the field.

I'm hoping a healthy Hall can do that.

They will need at least a nickel though. Maybe a guy that can slide outside since Callahan is a bit of a China doll.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
So may Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubinsky - at least for now.

I have a feeling Falk and Trubinsky will supplant Watson and Kaaya in the draft order. There will be good value outside the first this year at QB.

Trubisky, drop the N.

And I agree with you. Quite frankly Falk is looking like the best QB in the draft. No one in College football makes NFL level throws on a weekly basis like he does. He makes it look easy. I have a feeling Rudolph will stay in school if he isn't a surefire 1st rounder, but it's definitely possible for him at this rate with how inconsistent Kizer, Kaaya, and Watson have been. We'll see how the rest of the CFB season unfolds. Trubisky has his sample size working against him, but if he's a 1st rounder as well I don't see why he would stay in school.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping a healthy Hall can do that.

They will need at least a nickel though. Maybe a guy that can slide outside since Callahan is a bit of a China doll.

Fuller might need a replacement too at this rate. He hasn't been anything special for his draft slot.

Ej63090

Liked Posts:
Scouting Knacks on current successful QBs:

Rodgers - Size, System, release, & Lack of Tape
Brees - Size, System, Lacks Touch on long throws, release not ideal
Rivers - Mechanics, non runner, off throwing motion, long distance accuracy
Big Ben - Mechanics, doesn't throw a pretty ball
Brady - system player, size, arm strength, mobility, unspectacular
Wentz - late on throws, inexperienced, system, deep throw accuracy
Prescott - Footwork, mobile accuracy, pocket presence, throws to target rather than anticipating
Dalton - Arm strength and footwork, size
Flacco - System, hangs on ball too long, locks on receivers
Carr - Mechanics, pocket presence - but improved YOY
Palmer -
Newton - character, system, throwing motion, lack of tape

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thoughts on Cooper Rush?

Would be very interesting in the 2nd or 3rd round.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
http://nfltraderumors.co/tony-romo-philip-rivers-made-available-trade/

Sounds like execs think Rivers and Romo could be on the move. Can't say I'd want Romo at this point but Rivers would be fantastic for the right price. Especially if the Bears don't get #1 overall or don't love any of the QBs in the draft.

Rivers reportedly has a no-trade clause, per NFL Media's Ian Rapoport (via NFL.com's Kevin Patra), but those things can be worked out as well.

That no trade clause is big though because it could go either way. He could say no to the Bears or he could say he only wants to go to a specific team like the Bears and curb any potential bidding war from the start.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
No idea why SD would be looking to do this, but I'd gladly give up our 2nd rd pick for 3 years of Rivers at a reasonable cap hit.