Future QB Talk

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Ditto. I liked the "depth" last year. There were easily 6 draftable QB's in my mind last season and some randoms. The class is more top heavy as of now but after the Top 3 you're really scraping to find another guy. Chad Kelly(all kinds of baggage) JT Barrett maybe?

Luke Falk, Seth Russell, Davis Webb.

Intrigued by all 3 more than Hackenberg and Cook, and about equally if not slightly more intrigued than Brissett and Prescott(Specifically Falk).

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Before the end of the year, Luke Falk will be mentioned as a first rounder.

Easily in my eyes.

Teams like New Orleans, San Francisco, New York Jets, Buffalo, maybe even a San Diego could all be in the mix. It could definitely raise his value.

He's earned it. System or not he places some damn pretty balls and he's the most accurate QB in the nation when being pressured.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever we take, I hope the Bears can find the right guy to develop him. Loggains ain't it.

Reactions: DC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
13212940.jpg

a face like this will never win a superbowl

place Eli Manning pic here

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Watson is very smooth and seems to have that big game presence and moxie.

Kizer checks every box and is improving every game.

Kaaya is smooth, but does not have the arm talent of the above guy. I like the comparison to a better Bridgewater. Kaaya reminds me of Garrapollo, accurate and solid athlete.

So we just have to be bad enough to finish with a top 3 pick. Honestly can't see Cleveland giving up a QB for a boatload of picks again, although it could happen. Don't see another team that is definitively worse than us to be honest. Before last week, maybe the Titans but not now, especially after the injuries we sustained.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
So we just have to be bad enough to finish with a top 3 pick. Honestly can't see Cleveland giving up a QB for a boatload of picks again, although it could happen. Don't see another team that is definitively worse than us to be honest. Before last week, maybe the Titans but not now, especially after the injuries we sustained.

Titans are currently way better than the Bears. Titans should get at least 5-6 wins. Mariotta's going to have a very good year, IMO.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, is it safe to say that this years class, while still very early, is as "good" as last year's QB class?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Titans are currently way better than the Bears. Titans should get at least 5-6 wins. Mariotta's going to have a very good year, IMO.

Maybe if they get their running game going. Other than them though. I can maybe see the Redskins imploding but can they go from 10-6 to 4-12? Doubtful. Anyone I'm missing?

Edit: forgot about the Bills!

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
So, is it safe to say that this years class, while still very early, is as "good" as last year's QB class?

The Senior's minus Watson are pretty much bleh. Woudln't waste time with any except Webb and Russell.

If the right "underclassmen" enter Kizer, Kaaya, Falk, Mahommes, Rudolph, etc... It could be better than last year.

Since nothing ever works out perfectly though(Especially since it is Da Bears we are talking about here), I'm saying it's probably about even.

Reactions: DC

laputan

Liked Posts:
Report from this week:

Scout: At quarterback, no one is close to [DeShone] Kizer. No one. Maybe Josh Rosen down at CALA (this is a school code, which stands for California-Los Angeles; the scout is talking about UCLA), but no one else has the arm-to-athletic ratio. He's raw as hell and I hope he stays two more years, but he's the best right now. I'd put Deshaun Watson second even though he's been really bad so far this year. Kid looks like he's pressing. Like that line from The Program, he's trying to win the Heisman on every throw. Next, and there's a big drop-off here, would be Luke Falk at Washington [State]. I know you guys love [Brad] Kaaya, but Falk has the body and arm that Kaaya will never have.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
My favorites in the 1st round are Kaaya and Kizner i just don't like Watson as a bears QB.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These seem to be the top 3 QBs for the upcoming draft. I know A LOT can change between now and draft time, (Cook was the #1 or #2 QB this time last year), but for the draftniks on this site, what's your opinion on all 3? Would you be happy with any of them? Do you heavily prefer 1 compared to the other 2?

Just curious since if we draft top 5-10 this year, we'll most likely be trying to grab or trade up for a QB.

Doesn't matter...Pace will pass on them and say their was no talent and sign Shaun Hill

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
kizer if available is the pick no question...but at this point i think the bears will pick at 2 or later...Watson is intriguing but my worry is how raw he is, the bears situation is not one where he can sit on the bench and learn. Aside from kizer the only other player at this point deserving to be the top overall pick right now would be garrett. The guy reminds me of peppers coming out of unc only faster. Would you take him and then take a guy like kelly, faulk, barrett etc.. in the later rounds?

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Before the end of the year, Luke Falk will be mentioned as a first rounder.

This. He's 6"4, accurate as fuck and has eye popping numbers. Guessing the pub is low due to the fear of a Mike Leach coached QB?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kizer has a lot of Jameis Winston in his game, nice size and nice arm. He throws with anticipation and looks comfortable sitting in the pocket and going through his progressions even with the pocket collapsing around him. He also has a strong pump fake, almost Big Ben like.

Only downside I see is his number of snaps if he enters the draft this year and he is a plodder though a tick more shitty than Winston.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson's stats are almost identical to where he was last year at this time. He has missed some throws but there also was a lot of drops by the WR's the first 2 games and Cain even dropped one last night.