Future QB Talk

Mitchapalooza

This. He's 6"4, accurate as fuck and has eye popping numbers. Guessing the pub is low due to the fear of a Mike Leach coached QB?

Just looked into him, he looks good (granted its highlight tape) but his accuracy seems to be his best trait which is refreshing. 205lbs seems kind of light though. maybe that's just me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This. He's 6"4, accurate as fuck and has eye popping numbers. Guessing the pub is low due to the fear of a Mike Leach coached QB?

He's a twig, basically the same size as Goff. I also don't understand why he never sets his feet when he throws? Its like he skips/hops when he throws. He is accurate though, I'll give him that.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
speaking of goff, looks like i may have been way off on that one. its early, but he cant even beat out Casey Keenum or Keenums backup. lol

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Have not seen much of Kayaa. Planning on watching more of him. Got see Kizer, up close, in person and I think he has all the tools you could ask for in a QB. I really like Watson and feel he could be the best of the bunch.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think if we keep Hoyer, we could let a rookie sit behind him. I also hear ppl. saying this guy or that guy raw. Any rookie is gonna show rawness at some point.
Contrary to what some may think....no 1st yr. Qb is "pro-ready".....that's a myth.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Imo it's a combination of that and the school he plays for. They don't get alot of coverage. In the end, he'll be in that conversation regardless.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
What about Patrick Mahomes?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Some people think Josh Rosen from UCLA is the best NFL prospect at QB in CFB right now. He's not eligible for the draft until 2018. I've watched him a few times. Very poised pocket passer, extremely accurate, good footwork and vision (for a college freshman/sophomore) not an exceptional arm but definitely fine. Hasn't looked quite as good this year, but that's been true of Watson so far as well.

Watson has all the tools and the winning mentality. Head & shoulders above Rosen.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Id prefer kizer-watson over anybody else

Too bad pace is eyeing a trade up to #1 for a wr as part of his grand scheme after not resigning jeffrey or royal and watching white come off a 20 catch season.

Pace would be damn fool to trade up to #1 for a wr....when ya find one in da upper to lower rounds.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears will be to high in the draft to pick Falk.

Watson would be an interesting player if we could pair him with someone who has called plays for Russell or Cam. To me those offenses do a great job using their running ability as a weapon without getting the QB killed.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
13212940.jpg

a face like this will never win a superbowl

I don't know, man. Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl.

Also, Peyton Manning's face is goofy as all hell.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
What about Patrick Mahomes?

Would love if he declared. Laser arm, above average mobility, great escapability, good accuracy(Especially on the move). Really needs to learn how to work the pocket though. He can be very skittish in the pocket at times and runs around free wheeling to make plays downfield, which isn't always gonna be there in the NFL. Doesn't always step into his throws either and sometimes tries to force some stuff.

He was a 2-sport athlete before this year and gave up his spot on Tech's baseball team to focus on football. Wouldn't be surprised if he return for a final year to hone his game a bit more. He's a 1st rounder this year though in my eyes if he keeps doing what he does, with his tools, and with QB needy teams. Wouldn't be mad if the Bears scooped him up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We will pick a running back in the top five it's inevitable

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson is likely the most talented. He's also the most raw.

Kizer has the best intangibles and make up. Lots of arm talent. Big kid. "gets it". Compares athletically to Winston IMO.

Kaaya I need to watch more of but initial impressions is that he's below Kizer but more naturally athletic but just doesn't run much. He's an upgraded Bridgewater/Hundley(who I was REALLY high on) type to me right now.

I watched Watson last night and didn't come away overly impressed(in relation to him being the no duh #1 guy). He's the "worst" passer of the group of these three but has the most upside. He's kind of the Paxton Lynch of this year in the sense he has the highest ceiling and most upside but you have to see it translate. Like, you HAVE to like Watson and his tools but there's this thing where you wonder how it translates to the NFL and if he can throw NFL passes and what not.

Kizer to me is the "safest" pick. He's got some footwork issues to iron out on throws to the sideline. But everything is there.

Kaaya isn't a huge risk either IMO.

I would take any three of them without hesitation but if you're sitting there with all three as options..it's a hell of a debate.
Agreed, Seems like Gunner Kiel has lost favor and should still be in the mix after Kizer. Mayfield has 'it' but is small. Beathard is viable, so is Leidner but would like to see him tighten that release. I don't like Kelly or Russell as well as they tend to be rated.

Still pissed about Prescott. I also wanted Brissett but can understand that one considering where he went. I thought he'd be there for our early 4. Nice to have depth, not need to fill a roster and be able to take guys like that in 3. I suspect Brissett is more appealing to BB because he's got an NFL body and arm. Jimmy is slight, can't throw that 'heavy' ball and will be more limiting and more easily injured long term.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, Seems like Gunner Kiel has lost favor and should still be in the mix after Kizer. Mayfield has 'it' but is small. Beathard is viable, so is Leidner but would like to see him tighten that release. I don't like Kelly or Russell as well as they tend to be rated.

Still pissed about Prescott. I also wanted Brissett but can understand that one considering where he went. I thought he'd be there for our early 4. Nice to have depth, not need to fill a roster and be able to take guys like that in 3. I suspect Brissett is more appealing to BB because he's got an NFL body and arm. Jimmy is slight, can't throw that 'heavy' ball and will be more limiting and easily injury long term.

Mayfield is an awesome college QB.......NFL, i just don't see it

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I saw of Chad Kelly against Georgia he looked pretty good.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mayfield is an awesome college QB.......NFL, i just don't see it

If Rex can do it, he's got a shot but ya, plenty of college guys like him that haven't made it. Always difficult to project college players to the NFL.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
What I saw of Chad Kelly against Georgia he looked pretty good.

He IS Jay Cutler. Capable of putting together moments of brilliance, and capable of shitting the bed moments later. The cherry on top of the shit sundae is his horrible character. Not the person you want in or around this shit show.