Future QB Talk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fucking fans on a message board think they're all the sudden some kind of football genius because they took a guess about whether Trubisky would be good or bad, but if i wanted to do the homework i could show many many players that each one of you were wrong about. You took a guess that you had a 50-50 shot at being right or wrong about and got it right. You should feel real proud of yourselves. Now go back to posting on message boards.

You took a guess that you had a 50-50 shot

TBH.....do u really believe it was 50/50 ??? C'mon

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Ummmmmm it 100% is a 50-50 call on any college player making the transition to the NFL. You live in another world if you actually think anyone especially a fan would have any way to know what player will be what when he makes that next level of the NFL. Would you like to go over all the 1st round busts at every position especially QB there's been? Some people live in the world of reality and some live in the world of fantasy.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking fans on a message board think they're all the sudden some kind of football genius because they took a guess about whether Trubisky would be good or bad, but if i wanted to do the homework i could show many many players that each one of you were wrong about. You took a guess that you had a 50-50 shot at being right or wrong about and got it right. You should feel real proud of yourselves. Now go back to posting on message boards.

Pace’s choice of Trubisky over Watson was not liked from jump (hence Trubs booed at Bulls gm). The one who took a guess was Pace, not the fans. Taking a one year starting QB, who didn’t win any big games. Over a QB who shredded a Nick Sabin coached, stacked Bama team, for 400 yds twice. Was a dumb Russian roulette gamble by Pace & he traded up to do it. Smh

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I wanted Watson big time. I agree that Trubisky is a bust. I also agree that Pace is an idiot.

But having said all that, is there really any evidence that Trubisky's skin color is why he was picked? I think it's nothing more than Ryan Pace's ineptness at evaluating QBs. Why complicate it?

For one there is a long standing fact there are gms in this league that think black people are too stupid to play qb. Is that proof? No it isn’t. But I look at everything pace has done at qb. He targeted wentz. He targeted mariotta. He signed glennon to 18 mil. He had no serious interest at all in Watson. You just connect the dots man

The comment below, unfortunately is not an isolated thought. In other words, he's not the only one who feels this way?

No, black QBs don't tear the league up. That's the point. Black QBs are utter trash, and get excuses made for them until the end of time.

While Vince Young was making Mitch Trubisky look like Drew Brees by comparison, racist idiots were saying, "but he still WINNNSssss gamessssss."

He had the worst numbers of any QB to ever be voted into the Pro Bowl...and he made it TWICE.

Mitch goes to the Pro Bowl with actually respectable numbers last year, and dipshits like you were calling him a bust after ONE GAME this year.

Let that sink in, idiot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace’s choice of Trubisky over Watson was not liked from jump (hence Trubs booed at Bulls gm). The one who took a guess was Pace, not the fans. Taking a one year starting QB, who didn’t win any big games. Over a QB who shredded a Nick Sabin coached, stacked Bama team, for 400 yds twice. Was a dumb Russian roulette gamble by Pace & he traded up to do it. Smh

50-50 guess

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
50-50 guess

There is an educated guess tho. You see how players have career years one year and a no show the next. Take for instance Eddie Jackson. Had he been on his contract year last season he would have easily become highest paid safety in the NFL with 6 interceptions, 2 returned for TD's. This year he has zero.

It was a huge gamble by Pace to invest in a #2 overall QB position with but 1 year of college game tape.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Ummmmmm it 100% is a 50-50 call on any college player making the transition to the NFL. You live in another world if you actually think anyone especially a fan would have any way to know what player will be what when he makes that next level of the NFL. Would you like to go over all the 1st round busts at every position especially QB there's been? Some people live in the world of reality and some live in the world of fantasy.

Lets use common sense. It's 2017. I'm the Bears GM. We need a Qb in the draft. I'm looking at a 1yr. college Qb, who lost his only bowl game to a inferior "D" vs. a Qb who's had several years of college experience. He's a proven winner & leader, who went 1-1 in the NCAA championship......and actually won the championship his last year against a "pro-type" college "D".

Lets see..... this a tuff one.......... I think I'll trade UP in the draft to get the Qb with 1 year of experience who lost his only bowl game to a inferior "D".?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lets use common sense. It's 2017. I'm the Bears GM. We need a Qb in the draft. I'm looking at a 1yr. college Qb, who lost his only bowl game to a inferior "D" vs. a Qb who's had several years of college experience. He's a proven winner & leader, who went 1-1 in the NCAA championship......and actually won the championship his last year against a "pro-type" college "D".

Lets see..... this a tuff one.......... I think I'll trade UP in the draft to get the Qb with 1 year of experience who lost his only bowl game to a inferior "D".?

Inferior D? Stanford’s defense was very good.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Inferior D? Stanford’s defense was very good.

At the time of the bowl Stanford’s defense was ranked below 30, N.C. had a better "D". I posted info. on this back when it happened. I believe N.C. had been picked to win.
--------

Here's some game facts I posted about Mitch back in 2016.

Virginia Tech Hokies 34 - 3 North Carolina M. Trubisky13-33, 58 YDS, 2 INT ( the other 1year starting qb did not turn the ball over and threw 2 Td passes)

Duke 28-27 North Carolina M. Trubisky 24/33 297 3 INTS. 2 QBR 78.3 (this was a upset by a 4-6, 1-5 Conf freshman Qb-led Duke team. The freshman DID NOT have a T.O.)

North Carolina State 28 - North Carolina 21 Trubisky QBR 66.8 ( North Carolina was the favorite and again was upset see Duke game)

HYUNDAI SUN BOWL ( "big stage game"....sort of speak)
Stanford 25-North Carolina 23 Trubisky QBR 43.3 (3 T.O.'s by Trubisky, 2 picks 1 fumble)

This poster's opinion.....a so-called top 3 Qb in the draft should not have 2 upset loses and no bowl game win in his only season as a starter.

As for Trubisky, he has looked bad in more than just the VT game. He had just 156 yards against GA with 0 TDS. We were up by 10 and lost because he couldn’t do shit against them.

Against VT, the whole team quit which you want your star QB to be able to rally a team. VT put up 34 points in the same weather so there is no excuse for quitting.

Against Duke, he threw 2 picks in a 1 point lost and the “O” had 31 yards in the last 15 minutes.

Against NC State, he did jack shit for 3 quarters while we were down 28-7 and then scored 2 late TDs to pad his stats.

Against Stanford, he cost the team 13 points, had 3 TOS, and then had one great drive at the end.

============================================

Stanford</span> <span>Cardinal Logo

via Sports Logos.net

About logos

2016 Stanford Cardinal Stats

Record: 10-3 (12th of 128) (Schedule & Results)

Conference: Pac-12 (North Division)

Conference Record: 6-3

Coach: David Shaw (10-3)

Points For: 342

>>>>>>Points/G: 26.3 (84th of 128)<<<<<<

Points Against:

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You've had 5 years of hindsight with Pace and still don't realize he sucks despite facts that he does. Maybe sit this one out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is an educated guess tho. You see how players have career years one year and a no show the next. Take for instance Eddie Jackson. Had he been on his contract year last season he would have easily become highest paid safety in the NFL with 6 interceptions, 2 returned for TD's. This year he has zero.

It was a huge gamble by Pace to invest in a #2 overall QB position with but 1 year of college game tape.

Well said and i can't disagree with you on this. It was taking a chance going with Trubisky but we can't live off of hindsight by forgetting that at the time all 3 of Trubs, Watson and Mahomes had questions marks going into the draft. So we can't now act like Watson and Mahomes were looked at as being the better NFL prospects by going off of what we know now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Well said and i can't disagree with you on this. It was taking a chance going with Trubisky but we can't live off of hindsight by forgetting that at the time all 3 of Trubs, Watson and Mahomes had questions marks going into the draft. So we can't now act like Watson and Mahomes were looked at as being the better NFL prospects by going off of what we know now.
#1,711