Future QB Talk

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson reminds me of the late great ? Tim tebow! He wins at all costs in college but throws errand ugly ducks all over the field, wait til he has to throw an NFL ball! Yikes

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson reminds me of the late great �� Tim tebow! He wins at all costs in college but throws errand ugly ducks all over the field, wait til he has to throw an NFL ball! Yikes

I'm not even that high on Watson at all, but this is dumb.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson can take a snap and be accurate. I don't even mind the number of picks but I also don't like the circumstances of many of them. His ability to read a field is his only issue but we don't know how or what he was taught. Every QB will throw what looks like a dumb read now and then but Watson threw a few more than you want to see. Hard to project if that will hang on or be corrected.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
None of the hype, all the potential.

20150912mfpittsports02-1.jpg

CfTUtXGWsAAL7lT.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
DeShaun Watson actually reminds me of a smaller Ryan Tannehill. How well he does will depend on his weapons and who's coaching.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
DeShaun Watson actually reminds me of a smaller Ryan Tannehill. How well he does will depend on his weapons and who's coaching.

That's a good comparison, imo. His upside is higher than that, but imo, he may not even reach tannehil level. It's a good comp.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I'm fantasizing about a scenario where we trade a bit back out of #3, still get a safety like Adams or Hooker and then get Peterman in round 2.

Liked Posts:
I'm fantasizing about a scenario where we trade a bit back out of #3, still get a safety like Adams or Hooker and then get Peterman in round 2.

Take the 5th best QB in a terrible QB Draft class in the 2nd round? No way....give me a every down starter everyday of the week over Peterman.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's funny how some posters keep harping on Watson's picks and the bad decisions. However, they never wanna mention the decisions that went into him passing for 41 Td's. NEVER. It's like Watson's 41 passing Td's is a dirty secret. Or....as I joked in another thread....it's as though Clemson has a "phantom Qb" who slipped into games throughout the season, passed for 41TD's, left the game and Watson came in and threw 17 picks.

Some ppl. talk about Watson's lack of ability to "read the field". Well guess what, he "read the field" well enuff to pass for 41 Td's.

He "read the field" well enuff to put up great numbers vs. Alabama's pro-style "D". Was it Watson's fault that 'bama couldn't stop him from hitting his wr's for Td's. Is is Watson's FAULT he has excellent chemistry with his wr's?

Now watch.....somebody will respond to this post in one of 2 ways. 1) they will marginalize Watson's 41Td's by saying they were due to "other outside factors" or 2) they will continue to avoid directly speaking about his good decisions in tossing 41 Td's.

Oh.... throw in the rushing Td's and Watson has 50+ Td's vs the 17 INTS.

The way I know if a Qb is any good at reading"D" is by his Td to pick ratio.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

I don't want to argue about any other point but just ask you - if TD-INT ratio is what your about...

What do you think about Trubisky's being better than Watson's?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny how some posters keep harping on Watson's picks and the bad decisions. However, they never wanna mention the decisions that went into him passing for 41 Td's. NEVER. It's like Watson's 41 passing Td's is a dirty secret. Or....as I joked in another thread....it's as though Clemson has a "phantom Qb" who slipped into games throughout the season, passed for 41TD's, left the game and Watson came in and threw 17 picks.

Some ppl. talk about Watson's lack of ability to "read the field". Well guess what, he "read the field" well enuff to pass for 41 Td's.

He "read the field" well enuff to put up great numbers vs. Alabama's pro-style "D". Was it Watson's fault that 'bama couldn't stop him from hitting his wr's for Td's. Is is Watson's FAULT he has excellent chemistry with his wr's?

Now watch.....somebody will respond to this post in one of 2 ways. 1) they will marginalize Watson's 41Td's by saying they were due to "other outside factors" or 2) they will continue to avoid directly speaking about his good decisions in tossing 41 Td's.

Oh.... throw in the rushing Td's and Watson has 50+ Td's vs the 17 INTS.

I know. It is like the 41 TDs were just given to him by magic or something. Throwing on the run accurately is a gift which very few qbs possess. ANd he has already improved his mechanics.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't want to argue about any other point but just ask you - if TD-INT ratio is what your about...

What do you think about Trubisky's being better than Watson's?

My friend.....please look at both Qb's total body of work and tell us how u come out

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
My friend.....please look at both Qb's total body of work and tell us how u come out

That is your quote though. TD-INT ratio is your marker of decision making.

Does that mean you think Trubisky is a better decision maker?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That is your quote though. TD-INT ratio is your marker of decision making.

Does that mean you think Trubisky is a better decision maker?

If we're gonna iso on 1 season ( which is the problem I have with Trub).....then is Watson better decision maker for having a 14Td vs 2 pick in 2014 vs Trub going 5td's to 4 picks in 2014?

a Qb who passed / decided correctly on 41Td's vs. a Qb, who for one season threw/ decided correctly for only 30 Td's. . In each situation....... One Qb here......read the "D" better for more Td's than the other Qb

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If we're gonna iso on 1 season ( which is the problem I have with Trub).....then is Watson better decision maker for having a 14Td vs 2 pick in 2014 vs Trub going 5td's to 4 picks in 2014?

a Qb who passed / decided correctly on 41Td's vs. a Qb, who for one season threw/ decided correctly for only 30 Td's. . In each situation....... One Qb here......read the "D" better for more Td's than the other Qb

Trubisky's college career TD:INT ratio - 4:1

Watson's college career TD: INT ratio - less than 3:1

Just saying man. Your quote.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. Now R&S will use fractions of seasons when they were freshman as an indicator of what they are now, after insisting that you look at their body of work.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really enjoy these R&S/PolarBear/Pickles discussions.