Anyone like the Polish QB?
Trubisky will be popular in Chitown.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mehta from NY Daily News suggested and interesting idea

Cleveland takes Garrett at 1 and trades the Eagles pick for Garrapollo. Could reshape the QBs at the top of the draft.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Cleveland takes Garrett at 1 and trades the Eagles pick for Garrapollo. Could reshape the QBs at the top of the draft.

Makes sense for the Browns. They can't really afford to fail again at QB. So getting a somewhat established guy could be a good thing for them. Not that the Bears can afford to fail at QB again, but the Bears have never really actually gone all in on a top QB early in the draft.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

Whatever they do at QB won't matter if they don't fix that trash line.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Whatever they do at QB won't matter if they don't fix that trash line.

The oline excuse is used by cutty-lovers.
Hoyer and Barkley have proved that smart QBs can avoid getting sacks, especially by quicker decision
making and knowing where the open man is. I hope Hoyer comes back because he made Cam meridith a star.
Another QB may have his own favorite WR targets and Cam will be cut or traded away.
Olines are always going to be weak cuz DLs are bigger and faster than ever before.
Even the cowboys line had trouble last season. The great QBs can thrive anywhere.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Hoyer and Barkley have proved that smart QBs can avoid getting sacks, especially by quicker decision
making and knowing where the open man is. I hope Hoyer comes back because he made Cam meridith a star.
Another QB may have his own favorite WR targets and Cam will be cut or traded away.
Olines are always going to be weak cuz DLs are bigger and faster than ever before.
Even the cowboys line had trouble last season. The great QBs can thrive anywhere.

Cam is on a three year contract. He's not going anywhere. He'll always be no worse then their 4 WR.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He was talking about the Browns.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky please.

why?

That offense regressed under his leadership and the previous QB who also looked great throwing to wide open WR's went undrafted and bounced around to 3 teams.

Marquis Williams scored 10+ MORE POINTS A GAME THAN TRUBISKY in the same offense. That doesn't make me happy. The offense is great. Trubisky looks a little stiff to me.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone like the Polish QB?
Trubisky will be popular in Chitown.

In much the same way people discuss a guy being popular because he's a local kid, this is silly at best.

I will like a guy who proves he belongs. And I won't be crazy if he can't get the job done.

Where a guy grew up, or whether he's Polish will have no bearing. And whenever I read a columnist suggest this, I wonder what they're smoking.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
In much the same way people discuss a guy being popular because he's a local kid, this is silly at best.

I will like a guy who proves he belongs. And I won't be crazy if he can't get the job done.

Where a guy grew up, or whether he's Polish will have no bearing. And whenever I read a columnist suggest this, I wonder what they're smoking.

Have you seen the obsession with Crapollo?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
why?

That offense regressed under his leadership and the previous QB who also looked great throwing to wide open WR's went undrafted and bounced around to 3 teams.

Marquis Williams scored 10+ MORE POINTS A GAME THAN TRUBISKY in the same offense. That doesn't make me happy. The offense is great. Trubisky looks a little stiff to me.

Where you getting your numbers from?

From what I see they scored 7 more points last year under Marquise.

2015- http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-carolina/2015.html
This year - http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/north-carolina/2016.html

They also completely emphasized two different styles under both. Williams' rushing attempts are through the roof compared to Trubisky

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/marquise-williams-1.html
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mitch-trubisky-1.html

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is nice though when the local guy is also super accurate, with a quick release and really good footwork.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I shall repeat, If Watson shits on OSU's Defense and beats Bama AGAIN you're looking at the number 1 pick in the draft. Period. Tall order vs Bama this time around. Clemson not as good as an overall team.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I shall repeat, If Watson shits on OSU's Defense and beats Bama AGAIN you're looking at the number 1 pick in the draft. Period. Tall order vs Bama this time around. Clemson not as good as an overall team.

Clemson lost to Bama last year

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

I don't think he beat them last year. Played good though.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
As of right now, with 3 wins on their record, Bears would be able to draft 3rd ranked QB from 2017 class at very best (and even Jets may overtake them for the better pick if Bears win more games).

So considering Browns and 49ers (plus Jets) are almost certain to draft a QB with their #1 picks, it really doesn't make much sense for Bears to go after 3rd or 4th ranked QB from what seems to be a rather weak 2017 QB class.

Other option is to trade for Garoppolo (but only if he's available for 2nd round or lesser pick), or another year of Cutler (by that I mean another year of Bears being a total $hit team in midst of rebuild process).

Btw. one prediction, John Fox won't be a HC of Chicago Bears in 2018 (and even next season might be a longshot for him, especially if ownership puts Pace on a hotseat).