First line combos of the season

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panik-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Motte-Kruger-Hartman
Hinostroza-Schmaltz-Tootoo

Also, Alexandre Fortin was sent back to the juniors after an impressive debut. Brandon Mashinter and Mark McNeill on waivers, which they must pass before they can be sent to Rockford.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh and Andrew Desjardins was placed on IR, which means he's out for the short-term future. Injury not reported to be incredibly serious, though.

[Edit] Might have been a tad optimistic here, as it's now reported that he's out 4-6 weeks with a lower-body injury.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And here's the D pairings from Scott Powers:

Blackhawks defenseman pairings have been Keith-TvR, Kempny-Seabrook, Forsling-Campbell & Hjalmarsson-Rozsival.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol Tootoo made the first edition of the lines

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are we doing the whole "Hoss on the 1st line" thing again? I liked him better on the 3rd.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm strangely comfortable with these.

Who goes when Hjammer gets back--TVR or Kempny? Enquiring minds want to know.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll bet the 4th line is Mash-Rasmussen-Tootoo. Motte earned a roster spot IMO. Give Schaltz, Hinostroza and Hartman 5-10 game tryouts each and see who sticks. McNeil can go back to Rockford if he clears waivers.

I'd bet on keeping 8 D-men and rotation through the bottom pairing.

Edit: I'd probably flip Motte and Hossa so lines would be

Panik-Toews-Motte
Panarin-AA-Kane
Schmaltz/Hartman/Hinostroza-Kruger-Hossa
Mash-Moose-22

Seabs-Keith
Hammer-Soup
TVR-Forsling
Kempny-Rosival

Last edited:

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may go out and sign a vet roster player as well. Lots of players getting waived/not picked up after a PTO.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
can we just start the damn season already.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm strangely comfortable with these.

Who goes when Hjammer gets back--TVR or Kempny? Enquiring minds want to know.

So Forsling is in?

We have Gus/Pokka/Svedberg and TVR earmarked for Vegas...I say it sucks to trade him but the circumstances are perfect. Do it.

Bowman's issue is he needs a top 6 forward and will wait for the right package that fits our needs in 4 months. Good group to start moving forward with, the search for talent is going a bit deep into the system but if we turn over a couple rocks it will be for the greater good.

You lose skill guys like Shaw and TT and it just becomes hard to put overwhelming and sustained pressure on an opponent with all the young guys breaking zones down and being nervous with the puck. I really think we need to form things better based on having guys on each line who make possession easy.

Pan-Toews-Panik seems like a functional line to me. I'd ride it just to see what kind of production that gave me for a bit.

Motte-AA-Kane I think lots of players could do well with AA-Kane and the way they play. Thats why Pan is more valuable someplace else.

Desjardins-Kruger-Hossa I really want to see this line at some point. To me that Kruger-Hossa line as a shut down line with some offense is something to try and build and see if we can find the right combination. Its a valuable line Q can use to great evil purposes.
Try it with Motte-Desjardins-Schmaltz-Hartman-Hinostroza all getting shots at being the right compliment. I think its a given Desjardins could fit into that and do what you want, but perhaps Hinostroza or Motte can play a better roll there.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 rookie forwards (Schmalz, Hinostroza, Motte, Hartman) and 2 rookie defensemen (Kempny, Forsling) make the opening day roster, that must be some kind of Blackhawk record.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Forsling is in?

We have Gus/Pokka/Svedberg and TVR earmarked for Vegas...I say it sucks to trade him but the circumstances are perfect. Do it.

Bowman's issue is he needs a top 6 forward and will wait for the right package that fits our needs in 4 months. Good group to start moving forward with, the search for talent is going a bit deep into the system but if we turn over a couple rocks it will be for the greater good.

You lose skill guys like Shaw and TT and it just becomes hard to put overwhelming and sustained pressure on an opponent with all the young guys breaking zones down and being nervous with the puck. I really think we need to form things better based on having guys on each line who make possession easy.

Pan-Toews-Panik seems like a functional line to me. I'd ride it just to see what kind of production that gave me for a bit.

Motte-AA-Kane I think lots of players could do well with AA-Kane and the way they play. Thats why Pan is more valuable someplace else.

Desjardins-Kruger-Hossa I really want to see this line at some point. To me that Kruger-Hossa line as a shut down line with some offense is something to try and build and see if we can find the right combination. Its a valuable line Q can use to great evil purposes.
Try it with Motte-Desjardins-Schmaltz-Hartman-Hinostroza all getting shots at being the right compliment. I think its a given Desjardins could fit into that and do what you want, but perhaps Hinostroza or Motte can play a better roll there.
Ehh, if anything I'd be looking to ditch TVR, Pokka, or Sveddy over Forsling. Forsling is signed long-term and is not exposed to Vegas--plus, if we can keep Kruger as the best exposed asset to be taken off of our hands, the better.

Plus, the issue with the core players last year was the core players. No one except for Kane or Crawford earned their keep. If rest is indeed the excuse, let's see what they do before sending out a promising prospect. After all, the only constant of the failed Toews and Hossa line last season was Toews and Hossa. Let's see how they play when being gassed isn't allowed as an excuse.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ehh, if anything I'd be looking to ditch TVR, Pokka, or Sveddy over Forsling. Forsling is signed long-term and is not exposed to Vegas--plus, if we can keep Kruger as the best exposed asset to be taken off of our hands, the better.

Plus, the issue with the core players last year was the core players. No one except for Kane or Crawford earned their keep. If rest is indeed the excuse, let's see what they do before sending out a promising prospect. After all, the only constant of the failed Toews and Hossa line last season was Toews and Hossa. Let's see how they play when being gassed isn't allowed as an excuse.

I don't think its clear but I was talking about trading TVR for the reasons you mentioned. The only thing is if TVR is traded does he have less value if he is coveted by Vegas or another team could protect him better?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think its clear but I was talking about trading TVR for the reasons you mentioned. The only thing is if TVR is traded does he have less value if he is coveted by Vegas or another team could protect him better?
My bad, I thought you were advocating trading Forsling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk