IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 10/12 at 7:00 p.m.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A step slow all game. Not exactly a breath taking performance by the home team....combine that with some wonky officiating and you got Crawford holding down the fort. The scary part is that you wonder if this is what's in store for this season....too many big salaries in relation to the cap number might be a killer. On the other hand, one good period and they can win this one...although that doesn't look real promising at this point.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mainly a penalty loss though they were outpossesssed a ton. The worst was the 4th line was constantly outplayed by the goon Reeves and Upshaw line which was a poor display.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not creating enough chances. We need

Motte-Toews-Kane
Pan-AA-Panik
Hinostroza-Kruger-Hossa
Rasmussen-Schmaltz-Hartman

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mainly a penalty loss though they were outpossesssed a ton. The worst was the 4th line was constantly outplayed by the goon Reeves and Upshaw line which was a poor display.

Yeah, that was brutal. I was squawking about it constantly here watching it.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't commit 4 consecutive penalties over 2-3 minutes and expect to win playing 5-3 for 3 minutes. That killed them. Still they played hard in the 3rd and had good scoring chances to tie it up. The kick in empty net on your own goal at the end was icing on the shit cake.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Get Hjammer back from suspension and get TVR some popcorn in the press box and let's see what this D really looks like.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The good:
Panik playing possessed. Hartman providing secondary scoring. Seabrook played the best defense he has since 2013. Forsling easily 5 on the depth chart.

The bad: Discipline is an issue--especially by those wearing letters. Campbell screening his own netminder. We're taking the puck away only to cough it up again. With rookies there will be growing pains but the vets need to step it up. SHOOT. THE. PUCK.: Too much looking for the perfect pass--make Allen work.

The ugly: TVR needs to remember that Eddie O likes chocolate soft serve.

Long and the short--it could have been WAYYYY worse.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The good:
Panik playing possessed. Hartman providing secondary scoring. Seabrook played the best defense he has since 2013. Forsling easily 5 on the depth chart.

The bad: Discipline is an issue--especially by those wearing letters. Campbell screening his own netminder. We're taking the puck away only to cough it up again. With rookies there will be growing pains but the vets need to step it up. SHOOT. THE. PUCK.: Too much looking for the perfect pass--make Allen work.

The ugly: TVR needs to remember that Eddie O likes chocolate soft serve.

Long and the short--it could have been WAYYYY worse.
I think this team is going to need some adjustment time to figure out who and what they are. Lot's of turnover is one thing, but Q handling so many young guys who are still figuring out how to play in the NHL is another. Hammer can't get back fast enough to solidify the D. It was good to see some signs of life from the young kids, and I was a bit distracted with the kids, but I didn't see any of the superstars show up last night. Is someone going to have to throw some rape allegations around to get a fire up their ass. Let's pretend that was still a preseason game and move on.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this team is going to need some adjustment time to figure out who and what they are. Lot's of turnover is one thing, but Q handling so many young guys who are still figuring out how to play in the NHL is another. Hammer can't get back fast enough to solidify the D. It was good to see some signs of life from the young kids, and I was a bit distracted with the kids, but I didn't see any of the superstars show up last night. Is someone going to have to throw some rape allegations around to get a fire up their ass. Let's pretend that was still a preseason game and move on.
I'll admit...the rape allegations made me laugh.

Seabrook looked a fuckton better than last year and played the best defense he has since 2013. Call me Greg Luganis if you want but I'll ge positive on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll admit...the rape allegations made me laugh.

Seabrook looked a fuckton better than last year and played the best defense he has since 2013. Call me Greg Luganis if you want but I'll ge positive on that.

Yeah, TVR was the main problem I had with the D, I was more focused on the O with those comments.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, TVR was the main problem I had with the D, I was more focused on the O with those comments.

thats a huge positive. with Forsling, and Cambell...we have championship D/G situation once it all settles.

Championship D/G situation with Toews/Kane/Panarin/Hossa/AA/Kruger/Desjardins and a bunch of kids.

Its never going to be an easy out....but this year we just gotta keep pace with the playoffs. Any improvement in Minny/Colorado/Nashville and things get so tight.

Chicago/Blues/San Jose/Kings/Anaheim/Dallas 6 teams you know are going to be there wire to wire. As tight as everything has been, I think with Minny/San Jose elevating a bit, this year might be the toughest playoff pack to stay with yet.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't get a chance to see the game. How did the 1st line look?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toews took a penalty and was invisible otherwise outside of the 1st. Hossa was decent on the forecheck early but didn't do much after. Panik scored a good goal, but was a bit squirrelly.

The best guys on the ice IMHO were Seabrook, Kane, and Forsling.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toews took a penalty and was invisible otherwise outside of the 1st. Hossa was decent on the forecheck early but didn't do much after. Panik scored a good goal, but was a bit squirrelly.

The best guys on the ice IMHO were Seabrook, Kane, and Forsling.

Forsling eh? Well I guess that's a bit encouraging. We're definitely going to need the Toews line to contribute more if we're going to make another Cup run.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forsling eh? Well I guess that's a bit encouraging. We're definitely going to need the Toews line to contribute more if we're going to make another Cup run.
Forsling is easily 5 on the D depth charts now. Kempny is a solid 6 but Forsli g looked good and TVR played like Runblad.

I think the Q-O-Matic 76 goes into action soon. Hossa should be on the 3rd line and although he may not be ideal, Panik can work as a top2 LW. Get Panarin on Toews line since Kane seems to do well regardless.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Kruger line was pretty good up and down with some bad plays by Hartman despite the bounces going for him to get the goal.. thought they weren't in a strong matchup role.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forsling is easily 5 on the D depth charts now. Kempny is a solid 6 but Forsli g looked good and TVR played like Runblad.

I think the Q-O-Matic 76 goes into action soon. Hossa should be on the 3rd line and although he may not be ideal, Panik can work as a top2 LW. Get Panarin on Toews line since Kane seems to do well regardless.

I can definitely see Q spinning the line wheel to try to get more out of Toews and Hossa. Kinda miss having a guy like Shaw who you could basically slot anywhere and be ok with it. You move Hoss down to the 3rd line who goes up to that 1RW spot if you keep Kane on the 2nd line?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can definitely see Q spinning the line wheel to try to get more out of Toews and Hossa. Kinda miss having a guy like Shaw who you could basically slot anywhere and be ok with it. You move Hoss down to the 3rd line who goes up to that 1RW spot if you keep Kane on the 2nd line?
If you have Panarin and Toews anchoring that line, try anyone...Panarin has to prove he's worth his asking price and at 10M Toews should look good centering Koci and Carcillo.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was a nice setup from Toews and Hoss for Panik's first goal on his way to 20 while playing along side of Capt. Serious, and I'm serious about 20 :smug2: