IGT: Blues @ Blackhawks 10/12 at 7:00 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you have Panarin and Toews anchoring that line, try anyone...Panarin has to prove he's worth his asking price and at 10M Toews should look good centering Koci and Carcillo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I just don't think that's true. One-player lines aren't good enough in today's NHL. He can't do it all by himself, no matter how good he is.

Kane didn't have a career year until Panarin was on his opposite wing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't think that's true. One-player lines aren't good enough in today's NHL. He can't do it all by himself, no matter how good he is.

Kane didn't have a career year until Panarin was on his opposite wing.
Kane was in his way to a career year before he went down in 2015.

While I agree that it was some hyperbolic license on my part, Toews looking bad last year was Toews looking bad...ditto on Seabrook. Their core fundamental play took a hit that had little to do with their linemates. Same with last night. Seabs looked great, Toews was Meh.

Panarin and Toews shhould be able to priduce with a Shaw-like player in terms of raw skill on the RW; Hino, Sclhmaltz, etc. Hell, even Hossa. Kane and Anisimov could be a decent enough #2 with Panik on the LW.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised they sat 22 and Moose last night. Would much rather had a 4th line with 4th line players. Desjardins being injured throws a wrench in that. Really expected them to sign a vet 4th liner over the last week or keep Mash up. I don't see Hinostroza or Schmaltz in that role. Remains to be seen with Hartman. He keeps lurking around the net and getting tap in goals, it bodes well for him as well.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Kane was in his way to a career year before he went down in 2015.

While I agree that it was some hyperbolic license on my part, Toews looking bad last year was Toews looking bad...ditto on Seabrook. Their core fundamental play took a hit that had little to do with their linemates. Same with last night. Seabs looked great, Toews was Meh.

Panarin and Toews shhould be able to priduce with a Shaw-like player in terms of raw skill on the RW; Hino, Sclhmaltz, etc. Hell, even Hossa. Kane and Anisimov could be a decent enough #2 with Panik on the LW.

Yeah, still waiting for Q to break up the 88-15-72 line to try and get Toews going. It's nice to have that bullet in the chamber if needed but spreading the wealth could help.

Seeing Seabrook look good again is a huge plus, IMO. I think that defense can carry the Hawks a long way this year, and will probably need to while the forwards figure it out. Seabrook finding his old form would be a huge part of that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, still waiting for Q to break up the 88-15-72 line to try and get Toews going. It's nice to have that bullet in the chamber if needed but spreading the wealth could help.

Seeing Seabrook look good again is a huge plus, IMO. I think that defense can carry the Hawks a long way this year, and will probably need to while the forwards figure it out. Seabrook finding his old form would be a huge part of that.
Agreed, couple that with a Vezina-Calibre Crawford and a post-soph-slump Darling will take pressure off the O.
Assuming we can stay out of the fucking box.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

The guy with the 7 Game points streak going?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

So... who do you put with Toews to try to break him out... Kane.... Breadman... or... or... get crazy and go both of them?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The guy with the 7 Game points streak going?

Offense wasn't the issue with Seabrook.

So... who do you put with Toews to try to break him out... Kane.... Breadman... or... or... get crazy and go both of them?

I don't think you can do both, because then you still have the same problem of being a one-line team ... although I'd love to 72-19-88 when the Hawks need a goal in a pinch.

I overly optimistic hope is that you pair up 19 and 15 with one each of 72 and 88, and then some other forward is able to compliment each of those duos enough to give the team two legit scoring lines. Schmaltz? Motte? Hinostroza? A reborn Hossa after a long offseason? Any answer would be a good one, we just need an answer.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Like the look of hino-moose-schmaltzy as a 4th line with speed and hustle over anything too too involved.

If tootoo and Rozi can be like Mayers and be the vet leaders who get to raise the cup early but hardly played, that'd be nice

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like the look of hino-moose-schmaltzy as a 4th line with speed and hustle over anything too too involved.

If tootoo and Rozi can be like Mayers and be the vet leaders who get to raise the cup early but hardly played, that'd be nice

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk
Pan-Toews-Panik
Smaltz-AA-Kane
Hino-Kruger-Hossa
Desjardins/TooToo-Moose-Motte