Tickets for NLCS

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I just got an email from Cubs.com saying "Congratulations, you have been selected for the chance to purchase up to 4 tickets tomorrow at noon." Says tickets are not guaranteed despite being selected.

Anyone know how good my chances are of getting tickets if I got this email? Pretty slim? Or legit shot?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Legit shot. I got that email last year for the Mets and got tickets. Awesome experience for the family,
No luck this year yet. Denied so far.
Good luck.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I bought tickets for NLCS Game 1 a week ago. How hard is it to go on stubhub, ticketmaster or some other service?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I bought tickets for NLCS Game 1 a week ago. How hard is it to go on stubhub, ticketmaster or some other service?

Think this is the only way to get face value tickets. Sure though, you can always go if you've got the cash.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's awesome!

You only had to register for playoff tickets once and that covered all the rounds, right?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So I just got an email from Cubs.com saying "Congratulations, you have been selected for the chance to purchase up to 4 tickets tomorrow at noon." Says tickets are not guaranteed despite being selected.

Anyone know how good my chances are of getting tickets if I got this email? Pretty slim? Or legit shot?

Zero chance. Don't even try.

But forward me that email. I just want to read it. :)

btw, good luck!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Technically, my email said "You have not been selected for NLCS tickets", but I read it as "You're still alive for WS tickets".

I checked Stubhub for same section and row where I purchased for last Saturday, and the prices are currently more than double. They'll change, of course, but I am not sure if they're going up or down. After noon tomorrow, when more have purchased theirs, we shall see.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm the world's biggest Nationals fan today, because I'll be able to take in a game or two here in DC for a fraction of what the cost would be at Wrigley.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They go down on game day obviously. The cost of tickets on stub hub, etc, are at least 3X the price of any other playoff team. Once the Cubs win a WS, the prices should normalize to other teams. Boston was like $400 for the same seats well over $1000 at Wrigley, IIRC.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I wish I was going to the NLCS. I have a 6-month old at home and daycare is so expensive. I could never justify spending so much money on tickets right now. My wife wouldn't have it.

My old man is saying he'd spring for WS tickets though, one game. Maybe he doesn't realize it would be $4,000 per ticket though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well.... that was kind of frustrating. You log in a little before 12 and you get stuck in a virtual waiting room where you wait yet again to be randomly selected. After 15 minutes I finally did get in. Game 1. No tickets. Game 2 No tickets. 3rd home game. No tickets. 4th home game.... I got two tickets.

So, on a good note I do have two tickets for game 7.

Hopefully they win out long before then!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
It looks like the cheapest non-standing room only seats for NLCS are $400/ticket in the bleachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mailmanmezz

Liked Posts:
Newbie here, thinking about getting to game 2 on Sunday. What are chances I could scalp anything under 150ish? May not work out, as Im coming from Iowa and have to work Monday, but screw it. Thanks in advance!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was reported that someone paid $71,800 for 4 game 5 NLDS tickets a few days ago, obviously the money was returned.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well.... that was kind of frustrating. You log in a little before 12 and you get stuck in a virtual waiting room where you wait yet again to be randomly selected. After 15 minutes I finally did get in. Game 1. No tickets. Game 2 No tickets. 3rd home game. No tickets. 4th home game.... I got two tickets.

So, on a good note I do have two tickets for game 7.

Hopefully they win out long before then!
Either you'll see the biggest Cubs game of the last decade in person or you'll save a bunch of money. Not bad either way lol

Newbie here, thinking about getting to game 2 on Sunday. What are chances I could scalp anything under 150ish? May not work out, as Im coming from Iowa and have to work Monday, but screw it. Thanks in advance!
Chances of that aren't too good imo. That would be for a standing room only ticket from a seller getting desperate at game time and I have a feeling everything will be snatched up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tickets in hand. Flight is booked. Saturday is a Win - Win for me. Cubs win.... it's off to the World Series! Woo Hoo!!!

They lose, I get to see game 7. :) (which they'll win)