Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read he is faster than Hino. I have never seen him play, but I hope he eventually gets the chance to play with the big club. At least Rockford might get some help with Louis now.

Could he and Hino get paired together this week?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Based on lines this morning, it appears that Hayden may be getting a shot at right wing with Panik/Toews right off the bat. Toews was out today and Rasmussen took his place in line rushes, usually a good sign that it was just a maintenance day for the top center.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Anisimov out 3-4 weeks per everyone on Twitter just now.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anisimov out 3-4 weeks per everyone on Twitter just now.

Well that sucks. Maybe they can DL him like they did with Kane a couple years ago to open cap space. I know, that's frowned upon these days.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well that sucks. Maybe they can DL him like they did with Kane a couple years ago to open cap space. I know, that's frowned upon these days.

Trade deadline is passed.... is there anything to be done with the money?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Trade deadline is passed.... is there anything to be done with the money?

At this point I don't think they can.

I had this thought:

Say the Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane line goes bonkers over the next month or so. How about putting Anisimov with Hossa? Might solidify that line even more.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I had this thought:

Say the Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane line goes bonkers over the next month or so. How about putting Anisimov with Hossa? Might solidify that line even more.

That depends alot on how well the top line does after removing Schmaltz to make him 2C.

TBH I think AA will be needed on that 2nd line to be at its' best because he brings some form of physical presence.... Toews/Panik bring it on the 1st line.... that 2nd line is going to get bullied a bit with Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane... you don't have alot of will to go digging for the puck on the boards.... Toews and Panik do it.... AA would do it with Panarin helping a bit.... I worry that 2nd line will begin to struggle once teams force them to dump and chase.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Q said that Anisimov is day to day. Good news there.

As noted, that day to day just turned into 3-4 weeks. Funny how quickly that changes. Right around the start of the playoffs so lets all hope he is good to go.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

I had this thought:

Likely all depends how the Toews line does. Schmaltz was playing really well there and I don't know if Schmaltz is ready to be a 2C in the playoffs against the other teams top matchup.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Likely all depends how the Toews line does. Schmaltz was playing really well there and I don't know if Schmaltz is ready to be a 2C in the playoffs against the other teams top matchup.

Much more concise version of what I had been trying to say in my earlier post

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That depends alot on how well the top line does after removing Schmaltz to make him 2C.

TBH I think AA will be needed on that 2nd line to be at its' best because he brings some form of physical presence.... Toews/Panik bring it on the 1st line.... that 2nd line is going to get bullied a bit with Panarin-Schmaltz-Kane... you don't have alot of will to go digging for the puck on the boards.... Toews and Panik do it.... AA would do it with Panarin helping a bit.... I worry that 2nd line will begin to struggle once teams force them to dump and chase.

Nobody can force that. 72 or 88 can carry the puck 200 feet at wil.

You can try but you will commit a penalty if you get to close to 88.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side note, but a cap move will no longer be necessary to peak at Hayden.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nobody can force that. 72 or 88 can carry the puck 200 feet at wil.

You can try but you will commit a penalty if you get to close to 88.

I disagree.... I think top teams out there can force them to dump and chase if they work at it.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Side note, but a cap move will no longer be necessary to peak at Hayden.

Side, Side note...but it wasn't necessary as he was already up here and counting against the cap without any previous cap moves. Q had previously said that he was getting in on this road trip, this just possibly expedited the process.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With AA out for a minute, good chance for Schmaltz to see if he can become that 2c of the future. As well as for Hayden to see what the kid can do

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hawks add another prospect to the Hogs D-man Snuhgardend to 3 years. I know i butchered that last name

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks add another prospect to the Hogs D-man Snuhgardend to 3 years. I know i butchered that last name

Bigfoot gonna bigfoot.

Well... that didn't work as planned. :thinking:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With AA out for a minute, good chance for Schmaltz to see if he can become that 2c of the future. As well as for Hayden to see what the kid can do

Yep. It is good news that AA's injury isn't year ending and he should be fine entering the play-offs. But this frees up opportunities all around, right?