Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Abbott and Forsling sent down to AHL.

Sort of big news on Forsling considering he can refuse to go to the AHL and return back to Europe. Hopefully shows that he is committed to the team and wanting to play more again this year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Apparently the details on going back to the SHL were only if he were sent down prior to December 1st. So it's a clear drop to the AHL and hell Q kept playing him there in early December because he was really doing well in a string of games.

Though it won't look it the uphill battle of his corsi was marching higher for a lot of positive games there, it still lingers at like 47/48 but his first few weeks when he played beside Campbell seriously resulted in shots overall numbers in the 30% area bad.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kaner showing today he wasn't aware of hossas bday being today but was on hockey central saying he knows his points standing and corsi/shot numbers. Paying kean eye on his stats to that level

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaner showing today he wasn't aware of hossas bday being today but was on hockey central saying he knows his points standing and corsi/shot numbers. Paying kean eye on his stats to that level

:drama:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry I haven't posted, I was at Hoss' Bday party. For a present I gave him a Tuevo T. bobblehead.

Fucking Tater zombie....

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I've seen countless reporters talk about Kane being, essentially, a hockey nerd. The guy knows his numbers, his opponent's numbers, everyone. Watches the game 24/7. Completely immerses himself in the game.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A lot of chatter on twitter today about the Blackhawks kicking the tires on some wingers - JVR and Landeskog in particular. Blackhawks would have to figure out a lot with their cap for just about anyone though.

I know I posted here last year about the Blackhawks interest in JVR when trying to unload Teuvo/Bickell/+ package, so not surprised to see JVR pop up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A lot of chatter on twitter today about the Blackhawks kicking the tires on some wingers - JVR and Landeskog in particular. Blackhawks would have to figure out a lot with their cap for just about anyone though.

I know I posted here last year about the Blackhawks interest in JVR when trying to unload Teuvo/Bickell/+ package, so not surprised to see JVR pop up.

Here's the source of all that chatter.

How much of that you want to believe is up to you. Would not surprise me at all.

Also, I'd be pretty happy with either JVR or Landeskog. And I think I'd like Landeskog even more. From everything I've read online, the Hawks can handle about a $5.3 million cap hit with the way everything is pro-rated by the NHL.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Both those guys have long term deals and would only need to move for a huge hull.

Like schmaltz, debrincat, 1sts, or forsling type packages.

Allegedly the Bruins wanted Landy but only the Avs wanted their big 20 year old playing well defenseman

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
In news that doesn't suck, Marcus Kruger was scheduled to get back on the ice today. First time since his injury.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Rumor of hot standing today is the Hawks are serious in trading for Duchene... however that's supposed to make sense

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Rumor of hot standing today is the Hawks are serious in trading for Duchene... however that's supposed to make sense

What is that supposed to look like?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is that supposed to look like?

My guess would be it would look like us trading

CHI gets
Duchene
WITH $1,000,000 or 1.5 whatever is necessary to get Blackhawks comfortably under for the trade season, potentially to smooth another corrisponding move for a defensive player.
Ice Hog Forward fodder

DEN gets
A young ready now forward/defender (Forslin, Motte, Rasmussen, Forsling, TVR)
A young ready soon forward/defender (Pokka, A swede, Debricat, Bondra, Hayden)
Draft picks so high I don't want to think about
Darling (goalie for their future)