Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;ak5mct2cthc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5mct2cthc[/video]

Looks to be a nice fit in many H-H-H combinations.

Scary moment, that dudes eye socket looks fucked.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;tc2k_eJg3WE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2k_eJg3WE[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;6EHa2tZ-wx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHa2tZ-wx4[/video]

My bad, got carried away, but
Adding a Hartman that plays a hard man center. Is mature even for 22 and both mentally and physically ahead of 22, and missing the playoffs and coming to compete for our weakest link of 3C is a fucking exciting possibility for 2017.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
skills. 1 vs 6 alone in the zone, haha, steals the puck, jukes them all out at once and embarrases goalie.

That left defensman, #3 (and #25), has poor situation recognition, christ all mighty.
[video=youtube;hnr_xBl7I98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnr_xBl7I98[/video]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hayden sounds an awful lot like Toews in that interview.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Need that 4th d-man. Would be nice for a top 6 LW, but Schmaltz has been playing well. Add in the posiblity of Hayden and Shalouv signing, think we could make a deep run.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Forsling and Hino staying in Rock city for now

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't know Hino was like a Rockford all-timer. (good chance Debricat breaks his season points record, hopefully he gets called up about the same amount Hino did last year for both a fair record and the Hawks boon and his experience, although...if Debricat breaks it his first year that might be his best chance)

But Bondra scores a point a game in OHL too, and projects to be a 1LW power forward for us. Though his initial experience will almost surely come with his countryman, Hossa. That line will be a handful, I promise you. Bondra/Hossa are a perfect set of forwards for a small playmaking center like Hino or Smaltz. You put Hayden between those two and they will fuck your life, then your wife, and play disco red light party just to see Rozi's corpse dance on the bench like one of those Halloween string puppet skeletons.

Forslin/Bondra/Motte

Initially Motte had a bit more juice than Smaltz or Hartman. I think he can get back up this year, but for sure be around next year. Bondra for me is the best prospect I have seen in Hawks system since I began following the farm loosely. He needs to come up before Hossa retires or gets trade dumped, because its those working and defending parts of Hossa's game that could make Bondra an all-timer.

Great skater. Incredible size/strength. At 16 he was laying grown man down to sleep on the ice. Consistent and talented scorer with good hands. Goes to box a tiche too often, but likely asked to be enforcer for the teams he tools around on.

God Bowman is sitting pretty.

I wonder if he is so quiet just because he knows the Blackhawks are going to get reinforcements from within we haven't really seen before down the stretch between Motte/Bondra/Debricat/Hayden and the KHL guy?

We don't lack viable NHL bodies for the bottom 6. Bondra-Hayden-Hossa this summer? Unfortunately Bondra got traded to a playoff team in OHL. Debricat is on one too I believe.

Desjardins days are numbered. McNeil is now or never.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for Hino...

taking some NHL level man heat off him for a few weeks is probably a good thing before the home stretch. Let him find his scoring touch in more space, and come back with that jump in his step again. Surprising move but he isn't NEEDED right now while the veterans sort themselves out.

There may have to be some vetting between Ras/Desjardins/TooToo/Rozi before this season is finished to make room for the Hawks best 21.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Stop! ... rozi time!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stop! ... rozi time!

When I saw the 32 out there I had hope that I was imagining it or that they had already dumped him and someone else had his number...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews in week 19 super-slo-mo feature.

[video]https://www.nhl.com/video/super-slo-mo-week-19/t-279435400/c-49724103[/video]