Chicago Blackhawks 2016-17 Season Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Forsling called up today. First of many Black Aces on the way, I'd bet.

should bring up Pokka and/or Gus as well... sit Campbell/Rozival the last 2 games.... let Hammer/Keith play next game, rest Seabs/Oduya, let Kempny/TVR be 2nd pair, and let 2 young guys be 3rd pair

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
should bring up Pokka and/or Gus as well... sit Campbell/Rozival the last 2 games.... let Hammer/Keith play next game, rest Seabs/Oduya, let Kempny/TVR be 2nd pair, and let 2 young guys be 3rd pair

Think the salary cap will factor in here. Saw on Twitter just now that the Hawks only have about $15k in salary cap space left this season. Plus they still have to field an AHL team, and Rockford plays Friday and Sunday.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think the salary cap will factor in here. Saw on Twitter just now that the Hawks only have about $15k in salary cap space left this season. Plus they still have to field an AHL team, and Rockford plays Friday and Sunday.

Isn't AA on LTIR? shouldn't we have all that cap space to play with? wtf?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They did not put him on LTIR.

This seems dumb now.... unless LTIR would have meant he was required to sit out some amount of the first playoff series, then it makes sense.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isn't AA on LTIR? shouldn't we have all that cap space to play with? wtf?

I think the way it works is if a player is LTIR'd, you can bring in a player to replace them up to the level of cap they have. There's some rules about banking in there but in general it wouldn't have really worked this year; there's no player who's daily cap could have given the team a shot in the arm for the duration of AA's injury until the playoffs--like when we did Antoinne "Merriwether" Vermette. Since AA went down after the TDL, the player would have already had to be in the system.

Anyhow, as Steve Rushin said, "By the age of 18 the average American has witness 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during game 1 of an NHL playoff series."

Can't wait for tonight!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What happened to Motte? Too fragile to keep his explosion and skill with the mens circuit this year? He took a couple shots, that weird one just before he never looked the same again where he got splaid on the ice awkward during a goal

Have to see AA form but it looks like only Motte/Rozi were effected by injuries this year, neither probably make team anyway.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do we know if AA is a go for game 1 tonight?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What happened to Motte? Too fragile to keep his explosion and skill with the mens circuit this year? He took a couple shots, that weird one just before he never looked the same again where he got splaid on the ice awkward during a goal

Have to see AA form but it looks like only Motte/Rozi were effected by injuries this year, neither probably make team anyway.

I believe that, once the playoffs begin, the salary cap no longer matters. So teams can call-up whoever they want to serve as a Black Ace for the rest of the postseason. I'm sure the HAwks will do that with a ton of players once the AHL season ends. Rockford's last game is Sunday and they're nowhere near a playoff spot.

Do we know if AA is a go for game 1 tonight?

He is.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm so excited about the playoffs and tonight that I have to pee.