Mets fan here!

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Wishing you guys luck the rest of the way and hope you guys bring that WS trophy back to chitown. Im a bit miffed that my Mets rotation fell apart this year as i feel it should be the Mets and Cubs battling it out for the next few years. The Dodgers are not to be underestimated so i wish you guys the best of luck.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wishing you guys luck the rest of the way and hope you guys bring that WS trophy back to chitown. Im a bit miffed that my Mets rotation fell apart this year as i feel it should be the Mets and Cubs battling it out for the next few years. The Dodgers are not to be underestimated so i wish you guys the best of luck.

I told you to worry about that.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I told you to worry about that.

Guy posts Good Luck wishing, and you reply with a know-it-all "I told you so" about how his team lost? Dick move.

giphy.gif

OP - know the rest of us appreciate your positivity. Disregard the insensitivity. If anybody knows what it's like to lose it's us Bears & Cubs fans. Maybe it hit him in a bad way.

Funny...the word "positivity" even when spelled correctly, comes up as a red underlined word not recognized by the spellcheck on this board. Says something right there.
SMH

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Guy posts Good Luck wishing, and you reply with a know-it-all "I told you so" about how his team lost? Dick move.

giphy.gif

OP - know the rest of us appreciate your positivity. Disregard the insensitivity. If anybody knows what it's like to lose it's us Bears & Cubs fans. Maybe it hit him in a bad way.

Funny...the word "positivity" even when spelled correctly, comes up as a red underlined word not recognized by the spellcheck on this board. Says something right there.
SMH

Meh! It happens. I believe Thor,Harvey and deGrom are going to be back and better than ever next season rested and fully recovered. If Wheeler can recover from TJ and Matz could stay healthy and the nice surprises from Lugo and Gsellman we`ve got a deep young rotation that im excited to see so im not worried. We`ll be back. My original point still stands. I genuinely hope the Cubs win it all this year as they are the best team and you Cub fans have waited long enough. Im a Bear fan btw.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheers & thanks for the Cubs support. It seems many default to wishing well of the "lovable losers". Perhaps the Bears will have such pity soon enough, but not if guys like this clown are representing the fanbase.

I'm going to stay pretty clear of the Bears boards this season based on the level of anger & meatball density there. It's too much of a struggle for basic rational discussion such as cause and effect. Too many loud mouths wanting the organization to burn...who should be fired...destroy it all, as if change for the sake of change isn't what has led to losing results repeatedly while consistent teams succeed. I'm referring to Pace & the coach. Too frustrating even among what should be fellow Bears fan friends. Good thing they're not in charge but unfortunately the loudest mouths get heard the most. Notice the lack of response by this clown with 16,500 posts when called out. As I once heard...

"Don't get into an argument with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

My buddy is a big Mets fan but was classy last NLCS. He doubted the Cubs vs. SF which is understandable. It was a scary series. Cubs need to hit. HR team leader Rizzo: 1 hit in 6 games = scary. RBI leader Addison Russel not much better. Can't expect to move on like that. Hope for the best!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Cheers & thanks for the Cubs support. It seems many default to wishing well of the "lovable losers". Perhaps the Bears will have such pity soon enough, but not if guys like this clown are representing the fanbase.

I'm going to stay pretty clear of the Bears boards this season based on the level of anger & meatball density there. It's too much of a struggle for basic rational discussion such as cause and effect. Too many loud mouths wanting the organization to burn...who should be fired...destroy it all, as if change for the sake of change isn't what has led to losing results repeatedly while consistent teams succeed. I'm referring to Pace & the coach. Too frustrating even among what should be fellow Bears fan friends. Good thing they're not in charge but unfortunately the loudest mouths get heard the most. Notice the lack of response by this clown with 16,500 posts when called out. As I once heard...

"Don't get into an argument with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience".

My buddy is a big Mets fan but was classy last NLCS. He doubted the Cubs vs. SF which is understandable. It was a scary series. Cubs need to hit. HR team leader Rizzo: 1 hit in 6 games = scary. RBI leader Addison Russel not much better. Can't expect to move on like that. Hope for the best!

LMAO, I forgot you're a new fan of the Cubs this year that missed his gloating after last season. God forgive fans giving each other a little ribbing. Don't worry. you might learn how before you jump off the bandwagon.

Last edited:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
LMAO, I forgot you're a new fan of the Cubs this year that missed his gloating after last season. God forgive fans giving each other a little ribbing. Don't worry. you might learn how before you jump off the bandwagon.

BS There was absolutely no gloating on my part. I did go back and forth with a couple of trolls who came in with your type of nonsense.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Ill tell you this most Met fans including myself showed a lot of respect after the sweep last year because 1. We know the shit history you guys have had to suffer through and 2. Any Met fan with half a brain knows you guys are loaded and we fully expect and i mentioned it last year that its going to be the cubs and the mets going back and forth for nl supremacy over the next few years. Last years it was us. This year itll be you guys and hopefully the cubs can close the deal and win it all. Sure we lost but no jealousy here. i hope you guys win it.

That being said next year we`ll be ready to kick your asses in the nlcs!:yep:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
BS There was absolutely no gloating on my part. I did go back and forth with a couple of trolls who came in with your type of nonsense.

I didn't say you were trolling, but you gloated, though it was good natured. But whatevs. Have fun next season when your staff gets hurt again.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That being said next year we`ll be ready to kick your asses in the nlcs!:yep:

Now that is fun solid ribbing there...clever last line kicking in the NLCS wishing his Mets to come back with a vengeance. After respectfully giving the other team their props. Same can be said for a select few Packer fans around here. No reason for them to be dicks when team is better. Even worse to be a dick when your team is bad...cough...Bears, who I love, but they need time to rebuild.

I'm very surprised he even responded at all after being called out for clearly Assholish Trolling of ya.

TROLLS:
1 - sure enough, try to say "I was just joking" when called out for being a blatant dick.
1a - Somehow a "LMAO", or "LOL" makes it all fun. Either a "let's laugh it off and not call me out anymore redirection or condescending laugh. Both are weak trollish behavior.
1b - "God forbid" - exaggerate the response, like "how dare you over-respond..." How about "God forbid you man up and apologize for being nothing more than an asshole?

2 - attempt to redirect by slighting the other guy. Ex. calling me a bandwagon Cubs fan. If 14 years is bandwagon, sure, but even responding to that allows him to redirect away from the original point of ASSHOLE post there buddy. It's a good tactic...Throw a bunch of shit at somebody and by not responding to each ridiculous bit, Troll assumes self to be correct. What is sure to follow...(claim of Troll's "been a Cubs fan 30 years" or "when I was in diapers" as if that has anything to do with using common sense, logic, understanding basic cause & effect, or not being a dick).

3 - wild assumptions based on nothing

4 - name-calling ("bandwagon" is a bad word as it should be!)

5 - justify their actions ("gloating?" haha, Right. Even if so, deal with it directly in response to apparent gloating on that thread - irrelevant response here)

6 - One of the worst...complete lack of direct reply to each much less even ONE valid point made against Troll. You should be in politics. Zero follow culpability.

7 - zero apology, but rather continue with charade' that Troll is justified in asshole post.

8 - presume that I or Mets fan here are upset in our response to calling him out. No, just clearly stating that was a negative asshole post. In fact if it's presumed that a response is to be upset, perhaps one should post a little better and less offensively? hmmm. :thinking:

9 - condiscending arrogance

10 - spend waaaay too much time on message boards. 16,500+ posts? really?

11 - only suggestion is to destroy whatever topic is discussed without posting alternative options & why those might be better in the short &/or long term. Who do you want to replace Fox? ...from the other "Fire Everybody" post response: Post #47 couldn't have missed the clear point more. :facepalm: http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/82419-Pace-s-Drafting-Strategy?p=2605230#post2605230

12 - expecting that others won't actually point out this many ridiculous aspects of Troll's negative presence & actions so Troll can continue badgering.

That was just off the top of my head with surely more reasons that was a trolling asshole post. Others Mets fan?

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now that is fun solid ribbing there...clever last line kicking in the NLCS wishing his Mets to come back with a vengeance. After respectfully giving the other team their props. Same can be said for a select few Packer fans around here. No reason for them to be dicks when team is better. Even worse to be a dick when your team is bad...cough...Bears, who I love, but they need time to rebuild.

I'm very surprised he even responded at all after being called out for clearly Assholish Trolling of ya.

TROLLS:
1 - sure enough, try to say "I was just joking" when called out for being a blatant dick.
1a - Somehow a "LMAO", or "LOL" makes it all fun. Either a "let's laugh it off and not call me out anymore redirection or condescending laugh. Both are weak trollish behavior.
1b - "God forbid" - exaggerate the response, like "how dare you over-respond..." How about "God forbid you man up and apologize for being nothing more than an asshole?

2 - attempt to redirect by slighting the other guy. Ex. calling me a bandwagon Cubs fan. If 14 years is bandwagon, sure, but even responding to that allows him to redirect away from the original point of ASSHOLE post there buddy. It's a good tactic...Throw a bunch of shit at somebody and by not responding to each ridiculous bit, Troll assumes self to be correct. What is sure to follow...(claim of Troll's "been a Cubs fan 30 years" or "when I was in diapers" as if that has anything to do with using common sense, logic, understanding basic cause & effect, or not being a dick).

3 - wild assumptions based on nothing

4 - name-calling ("bandwagon" is a bad word as it should be!)

5 - justify their actions ("gloating?" haha, Right. Even if so, deal with it directly in response to apparent gloating on that thread - irrelevant response here)

6 - One of the worst...complete lack of direct reply to each much less even ONE valid point made against Troll. You should be in politics. Zero follow culpability.

7 - zero apology, but rather continue with charade' that Troll is justified in asshole post.

8 - presume that I or Mets fan here are upset in our response to calling him out. No, just clearly stating that was a negative asshole post. In fact if it's presumed that a response is to be upset, perhaps one should post a little better and less offensively? hmmm. :thinking:

9 - condiscending arrogance

10 - spend waaaay too much time on message boards. 16,500+ posts? really?

11 - only suggestion is to destroy whatever topic is discussed without posting alternative options & why those might be better in the short &/or long term. Who do you want to replace Fox? ...from the other "Fire Everybody" post response: Post #47 couldn't have missed the clear point more. :facepalm: http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/82419-Pace-s-Drafting-Strategy?p=2605230#post2605230

12 - expecting that others won't actually point out this many ridiculous aspects of Troll's negative presence & actions so Troll can continue badgering.

That was just off the top of my head with surely more reasons that was a trolling asshole post. Others Mets fan?

Good Lord, I hope everyone in Florida isn't this much of a dolt. Why don't you do everyone here a big favor and just STFU.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd love to say I read your entire post, because I know you worked really hard on it, and I would like to be able to justify how much time you spent writing it (at least 17 min, judging by the edit and post time), but it wasn't very entertaining or informative.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I'd love to say I read your entire post, because I know you worked really hard on it, and I would like to be able to justify how much time you spent writing it (at least 17 min, judging by the edit and post time), but it wasn't very entertaining or informative.

If the cubs dont get passed the dodgers im going to personally troll you. Just you.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

RE: the edit, yes, I couldn't help coming back to point out your idiocy further by adding a few more.

A bit of a rant yes, but you've yet to respond and in any way counter a single point made against you, while instead validating #2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, and....

Glad you brought that up since you like numbers (#10). At worst a bit of time on that post pales in comparison to your presence here. Simple math: Joined Aug 2012, 50 months with 16594 posts = 332 posts per month, or 10 per day. You spend more time on here on average EVERY SINGLE DAY for over 4 YEARS than my deconstruction of your trolling took on one occasion.

Which is fine really. I'm not hating on you for being active on here, despite your trolling attempt to shame me for one long post against you.

To each their own, and I've seen a few relevant sports posts from you, some I even agree upon! Treating people like garbage and making erroneous claims without backing anything up, and unapologetic bashing any response you don't agree with is trolling and it kills the point of having good discussion boards. Nobody likes you for that childish crap, but they avoid flame wars because nobody wins those. Just be cool, apologize and move on.