IGT: Predators @ Blackhawks 10/15 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
hacksaw-tri.gif

(1-0-0, 3 points)

@

tumblr_lti1yvdJ2u1r21bjmo1_500.gif

(0-2-0, 0 points)

Puckdrop - 7:30 p.m.
TV - WGN
Radio - WGN AM 720

If you'd told me the Hawks would not allow a 5-on-5 goal in their first two games of the season, I would've felt pretty good about their chances to have a 2-0 start. Unfortunately, a putrid PK has allowed three goals in each of the first two games, and here we sit at 0-2. Redemption is available fast, in the form of a rematch with the Nashville team that downed the Hawks in Music City last night. Perhaps a change of scenery leads to a change of result?

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well lookie heeeeere, a IGT!

A win is very much needed tonight. Anyone know if Hartman is back or if there are any lineup changes?

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Just stay out of the box tonight, please!

Anyone know if line changes happened in morning skate? Or did they not have one being a home-and-home?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well lookie heeeeere, a IGT!

A win is very much needed tonight. Anyone know if Hartman is back or if there are any lineup changes?

all the lines are garbage.'

we are for real lost in a place I haven't seen the Hawks since Toews was drafted.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are going to suck donkey balls until many questions are mostly answered....

1) What to do with Hossa? What line does he need to get something out of him.
2) Who does Toews need? Like...for real...just give him whatever he requires, and let that line be an anchor. Does he need Kane? Does he need Panarin? Both? Just get him going at all costs. Find that top line.
3) Dealing with young mistakes. Having to teach so many so much.
4) Finding a 4th line worth a damn. A damn sausage? A damn rimjob? What? Find it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin-Toews-Kane
Panik-AA drinks you-Hossa
Hinostroza(for Desjardins period)-Kruger-Motte
Smaltz-Moose-TootToo/Hartman

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Panarin-Toews-Panik
Motte-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Kruger-Hossa
Hinostroza-Schmaltz-Tootoo
:cookiemonster:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Darling being a predators jinx.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I mean I thought Panik could carry that postseason success in the top 6 into something but this is a damn hot opening to the season

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God there was one Hawk who didn't PANIK to start the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panik's first goal is ridiculous. Something you expect from Kane or Toews with the twirly.

This second one is funny because they have a puckgasm over Hossa's 500th for 30 seconds.

[video]https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video/panik-buries-ppg-for-second-goal/t-277437096/c-45354503[/video]

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If Richard Panik becomes a thing this season gets a LOT more interesting. Obviously a small sample size so far but hat tricks aren't happening for everyone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its one of those things. I could see him taking off, maybe Panarin-Toews sparks something.

But I think its more likely and realistic to assume he may not have another two goal game this side of Valentines day.

Now he earned that first goal himself. Created it, used skill, and looked good doing it. He will be anchored to top 6 until at least trade deadline likely.

But lets Panik just yet, the second goal was handed to him on a silver platter.....I don't think in slow motion he "stole" it from Hossa, I think Hossa meant to pull his stick away and it was actually an intentional pass. Hossa in the air may have been able to swipe the finish if Panik had not, but I think HOssa meant that to slide through to Panik. It was all Hossa but he was in the right spot.

The third goal was another positional gift. All alone, basically 3/4's empty net but unbothered, right place.

When you skate with Toews, Panarin, Hossa, Kane, etc I suppose all we need is a guy to be in the right place and finish. Give the energy his is providing, check some fools. He is doing great and probably see's the wave of blackhawks depth coming for his spot. He is all in and going to compete to the death. Thats all we ask.

Smaltz settled down as a wing, with Moose as many of us were hoping.

Panarin-Toews-Panik
Motte-AA-Kane
Hartman/Hino-Kruger-Hossa
Smaltz-Moose-TooToo/Hino

We might be seeing this for a little while.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Caught the highlights this morning, and I think I was most impressed by that Schmaltz goal. Picks the pocket of a Nashville player, skates into the slot, and then spots one right under the bar. Heady play for an NHL rookie.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caught the highlights this morning, and I think I was impressed by that Schmaltz goal. Picks the pocket of a Nashville player, skates into the slot, and then spots one right under the bar. Heady play for an NHL rookie.

yep, the finishing touch showing up out of that North Dakota program a great sign that he has the skills. Keep his roll minimal for a while and let him grow, but if he can finish he can stay in the lineup, and he showed right there he has that dangerous sharp shooter skillset.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Schmaltz still was at center, it was the smh line, and Rasmussen was just playing wing on Krugers line.

That as a 3rd line with Hossa on schmaltz's wing may work out some bit better and motte has been good each game. Though Schmaltz lost a couple shifts to Toews double shifting at center some parts during the game he just getting eased in still. He was improving in that spot as the 3rd period of the 2nd game was Schmaltz's best before this game.