Bulls trade for Michael Carter-Williams

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Bulls are trying to make a team thats the exact opposite of the Warriors. overall i think we won the trade* assuming its a straight swap. i like MCW over Grant and Dimwitted.

*watch Snell beast this year

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
No chance he beasts out anywhere. His confidence was crushed by Thibs. Like Jordan to Kwame.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
No chance he beasts out anywhere. His confidence was crushed by Thibs. Like Jordan to Kwame.

i don't think he ever had it honestly...coming in that was a knock against him

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I think the value is good for the Bulls. MCW is just simply a better player than Snell is.

The Bulls are going to literally have the worst shooting backcourt in the NBA though.

Maybe we are just trying to get ahead of the curve for the next revolution of the NBA?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't mind dumping snell, in fact glad we're doing it because he got too many chances. I just don't like giving up a first for him when we're going to need to draft some bigs since they wont come cheap in FA.

Next they'll trade Taj Gibson for Mario Chalmers, then trade Robin Lopez for Ricky Rubio. You know, because this team makes any fucking sense anyways.

Ron Burgundy

Bulls-Bucks nearing deal involving Michael Carter-Williams and Tony Snell

michael-carter-williams-nba-milwaukee-bucks-sacramento-kings-4-590x900.jpg

The Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks are close to finalizing a trade that involves a pair of guards.ESPN's Marc Stein is reporting that the Bulls will send Tony Snell to the Bucks in exchange for point guard Michael Carter-Williams. The deal is being "finalized" Stein explains:https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/787492831942193152Bulls beat writer K.C. Johnson confirmed the report and stated that the deal is likely to be done on Monday:https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/787495048552259584For Chicago, adding Carter-Williams means more in an already crowded backcourt. The former 11th overall pick is a poor shooter from the perimeter, shooting just 27 percent from the three-point line.Add that in with Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler's long-distance struggles and it could be ugly for the Bulls.Carter-Williams averaged 11.5 points per game for the Bucks last season. The move is simply for some point guard depth behind Rondo.As for Snell, he never really found a fit with the Bulls. Despite being a decent shooter, Snell struggled defensively. Maybe a change of scenery is needed.

More...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think that Spencer Dinwiddie has actually been pretty solid. I guess this at least gives us a little athleticism since we're really lacking in that category.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Funny thing about MCW, he can be an all-nba defensive 2nd team guard, he has the court vision to facilitate at an elite level without park and pass assist padding(*cough cough Rondo*). After that, he basically is a D-Leaguer in every other area of the game, which is not good in a league with so many good PGs. Plus, you know he's going to be unreliable filling in big minutes IF your already unreliable and aging star FA acquisition has swollen knees or a pulled hammy.

Such a massive log jam, no rhyme or reason to it. But Snell is gone.... so there's that. Just gotta keep remind myself, this was a trade for Snell, this was a trade for Snell. . .

Okay, I'm good now. Bring on the bricklaying Hoiball.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this says more about Jerian Grant defensively maybe than anything else.

Nothing wrong with arming Hoiberg with bench options.

MCW is a poor shooter, but a clutch one. I think he can run an offense too, which is what they like after seeing Rondo. Run the offense and play D sounds good to them after Rose, I don't mind them having a bigger, longer very poor mans Rondo to back him up, when Grant is the change of pace guy.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't get the trade for either team tbh, but like it for us simply because MCW is better and has more potential. He won't get much playing time though because we already have enough guards that can do with MCW can do, but they're much better at it. He's not bringing anything different to the table.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't get the trade for either team tbh, but like it for us simply because MCW is better and has more potential. He won't get much playing time though because we already have enough guards that can do with MCW can do, but they're much better at it. He's not bringing anything different to the table.
Can't we start 5 guard lineups now?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't we start 5 guard lineups now?

I'm sure our death lineup will be:

Rondo
Wade
Butler
Valentine
MCW

We'll set the record for most missed jump shots. At least we'll be number 1 at something.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard some rumors that Suckramento is in need of a PG and Carter-Williams together with a combination of Mirotic, Gibson and some other might be involved in a trade for Cousins.

Not sure if there's any truth behind that but we will see...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard some rumors that Suckramento is in need of a PG and Carter-Williams together with a combination of Mirotic, Gibson and some other might be involved in a trade for Cousins.

Not sure if there's any truth behind that but we will see...

Championship.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
they agreed in principle.

mods can update the title to "Bulls Trade Tony Snell to the Bucks for Michael Carter-Williams" or whatever.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I like the move. The Bulls won this trade without a doubt. Rondo, Grant, MCW, Dinwiddie give Fred a ton of options at PG. Denzel will probably see a lot of time at point too. The Bulls need to add shooters, but they also never had this many ball handlers on the team. In theory, they should get better shots. I'm sure that's the hope within the FO.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I should hope that if MCW never learns how to shoot a jumper that he could at least try to be a post up guard like Livingston. I only care about this since he's on our team now. But I suppose we'll just settle for overtaking the Grizzlies and Timberwolves in missed 3s.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

Bulls are trying to make a team thats the exact opposite of the Warriors. overall i think we won the trade* assuming its a straight swap. i like MCW over Grant and Dimwitted.

*watch Snell beast this year

KJM_MF_1980_APortraitoftheArtist_CLEANED.jpg

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Goodness did GarPax equip the Bulls with a horrendous shooting backcourt.