Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are being dense. I have no problem with you responding to the post. I have a problem with you responding as if my post wasn't addressing Monk's point.

I mean holy fuck dude. Your post said you never blamed Pace and you are sure many on here don't. Well good for you guys. The post you responded to was in fact talking to the person blaming Pace and was not talking about you or people like you not blaming Pace so your response to me makes no fucking sense.

It's like you and I already agree which I said to you like 3 or 4 times already but you keep responding to me as if we disagree and telling me you never blamed someone when I am talking to a completely different person currently blaming Pace.

Like what point are you trying to make? I already agreed with you. I agree you and many people like you are not blaming Pace. However Monk is currently engaged in blaming Pace so I am debating with the guy I disagree with. So what is the point of you responding to my posts to Monk telling me something you and I already agree on?

It's like you guys cry about a vortex but you are literally trying to debate with me about something I already said I agree with you on.
LOL. Did I quote you in that post? It's a forum and on topic. Jesus, talk about dense. It's not all about you, dude.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
To me, it seems a little unfair to hold Dak against any individual GM. It would be one thing if Pace passed on a franchise QB in the 1st round who was highly thought of and who turned out to be good (like the Browns passing on Wentz). Then we would be able to clearly say, "hey, this guy is terrible, let's move on." I don't think you can point the finger at Pace when the collective intelligence of all 32 GM's (including football genius like Belicheck), millions of dollars of resources, and the entire scouting system failed by letting a franchise QB fall to the 4th round (assuming he keeps playing at this level, which definitely is not a given).

Even the Cowboys clearly had no idea or they would have drafted him earlier than the 4th. In my opinion, the Cowboys got lucky just by virtue of having Dak rated as a slightly less shitty QB than the next team who would have been willing to draft him. So now they get to brag about how "smart they were" and how they knew there was something "special" about the QB they wouldn't draft until the 4th round for as long as Dak can keep it up.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not even saying Dak is a franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL. Did I quote you in that post? It's a forum and on topic. Jesus, talk about dense. It's not all about you, dude.

If that post wasn't intended for me then my apologies. It sure seemed like you were responding to my post to Monk but if you say you weren't then so be it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's knee jerk? His first two first round picks are suspect at best right now. It's not as if there is no evidence that he might suck. I'm not saying he does for sure, but the evidence is mounting. And yes, I blame the guy responsible for making these decisions. He could not see what the Cowboys saw. He should have.

So complain about his first round picks or complain about his drafts as a whole when compared to his peers.

Complaining about 1 isolated missed pick in the 4th round of a player just about everyone missed on seems odd.

I would also caveat your complaining that its a bit early to claim anything about Floyd and frankly he gets an incomplete on White given I don't think anyone could predict the level of injuries he sustained.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
So complain about his first round picks or complain about his drafts as a whole when compared to his peers.

Complaining about 1 isolated missed pick in the 4th round of a player just about everyone missed on seems odd.

I would also caveat your complaining that its a bit early to claim anything about Floyd and frankly he gets an incomplete on White given I don't think anyone could predict the level of injuries he sustained.

This is a thread about the QB position so I'm staying on topic. And IMO, first round WR and OLBs should be ready to go.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is a thread about the QB position so I'm staying on topic. And IMO, first round WR and OLBs should be ready to go.

Hard to be ready to go when you have a shin injury that wipes out your first year? Was Pace suppose to predict that?

Also I didn't realize the season was over for Floyd. Didn't he just have 2 sacks and a TD? As long as he is improving and is ready to go when we are actually ready to compete for the playoffs that is all that matters.

But by all means, go become a GM then your musings on how players should develop would be relevant.

As for the QB position, we'll most likely get our young feanchise QB next year and our QBs this year are Cutler and Hoyer not Prescott. So if being on topic is of importance to you I don't think Prescott had a can start for the Bears since he is on the Cowboys so not sure what he has to do with the OP.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to be ready to go when you have a shin injury that wipes out your first year? Was Pace suppose to predict that?

Also I didn't realize the season was over for Floyd. Didn't he just have 2 sacks and a TD? As long as he is improving and is ready to go when we are actually ready to compete for the playoffs that is all that matters.

But by all means, go become a GM then your musings on how players should develop would be relevant.

As for the QB position, we'll most likely get our young feanchise QB next year and our QBs this year are Cutler and Hoyer not Prescott. So if being on topic is of importance to you I don't think Prescott had a can start for the Bears since he is on the Cowboys so not sure what he has to do with the OP.

You think White showed anything special while healthy? Even with a year to learn the offense. Green Bay is not a good team right now. If Floyd can do that against Minnesota I'd have a better opinion. Like I said, the first two picks are suspect at best as of right now. There are rookies doing way better than these two so I'm not content with the they are just rookies excuse.

But I didn't say we had to stay on topic. I said I was complaining about the QB because we were taking about the position. I will and have complained about much more in this thread. I don't get your obsession with defending Pace against all criticism. He's going to make mistakes and it's ok if I express that I don't like them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think White showed anything special while healthy? Even with a year to learn the offense. Green Bay is not a good team right now. If Floyd can do that against Minnesota I'd have a better opinion. Like I said, the first two picks are suspect at best as of right now. There are rookies doing way better than these two so I'm not content with the they are just rookies excuse.

But I didn't say we had to stay on topic. I said I was complaining about the QB because we were taking about the position. I will and have complained about much more in this thread. I don't get your obsession with defending Pace against all criticism. He's going to make mistakes and it's ok if I express that I don't like them.

I'm not defending Pace against all criticism. I'm defending him against your criticism of him passing on Prescott in particular. There are plenty of questionable moves he made. His not picking a QB in the 4th round isn't one of them imo because pretty sure he will be drafting a top QB or trading for a young QB next year.

As for White, I think having metal pins in your shin probably impacts your athletic ability. Since Pace drafted White prior to those pins being inserted in his shin, I assume he drafted him based on his athletic ability pre injury. I have no idea if White still had that same athletic ability nor do you. All I know is he didn't look as explosive as he was in college although he was getting better prior to the second injury.

Rookies are suspect all across the league right now because weve only played 6 games. Even Whitehair who looks like a stud could end up regressing or get injured so not sure your point.

I mean after 1 year RGIII and CK looked like they would be HOF caliber QBs and they regressed mightily. So great they look suspect right now. And? It's 6 games.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We agree on that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We agree on that.

Fair enough. And frankly as I said before, if Pace doesn't get a QB early in the draft next year or trade for a young QB then he would deserve all the criticism in the world and will probably get fired. Just think it's premature right now. All I want out of this season is a high draft pick and some game experience for the young players.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To me, it seems a little unfair to hold Dak against any individual GM. It would be one thing if Pace passed on a franchise QB in the 1st round who was highly thought of and who turned out to be good (like the Browns passing on Wentz). Then we would be able to clearly say, "hey, this guy is terrible, let's move on." I don't think you can point the finger at Pace when the collective intelligence of all 32 GM's (including football genius like Belicheck), millions of dollars of resources, and the entire scouting system failed by letting a franchise QB fall to the 4th round (assuming he keeps playing at this level, which definitely is not a given).

Even the Cowboys clearly had no idea or they would have drafted him earlier than the 4th. In my opinion, the Cowboys got lucky just by virtue of having Dak rated as a slightly less shitty QB than the next team who would have been willing to draft him. So now they get to brag about how "smart they were" and how they knew there was something "special" about the QB they wouldn't draft until the 4th round for as long as Dak can keep it up.

Dak was rated a 2nd-3rd b4 the DUI

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not defending Pace against all criticism. I'm defending him against your criticism of him passing on Prescott in particular. There are plenty of questionable moves he made. His not picking a QB in the 4th round isn't one of them imo because pretty sure he will be drafting a top QB or trading for a young QB next year.

As for White, I think having metal pins in your shin probably impacts your athletic ability. Since Pace drafted White prior to those pins being inserted in his shin, I assume he drafted him based on his athletic ability pre injury. I have no idea if White still had that same athletic ability nor do you. All I know is he didn't look as explosive as he was in college although he was getting better prior to the second injury.

Rookies are suspect all across the league right now because weve only played 6 games. Even Whitehair who looks like a stud could end up regressing or get injured so not sure your point.

I mean after 1 year RGIII and CK looked like they would be HOF caliber QBs and they regressed mightily. So great they look suspect right now.
And? It's 6 games.

I don't think it was just RGIII and CK "regressing". The situation & circumstances around them regressed

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lots of hindsight happening, which always happens in the extreme rare case it turns out that a QB after the 2nd round can play.

The difference with the Bears tho, is they were/are in dire fucking need not just for a new starting QB, but a backup as well. It seems crazy in retrospect that there was nobody they liked as at least a backup QB in the whole draft.

On the flipside, maybe Pace was holding out to go all in on a 1st round QB. I don't fucking know.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pace is going all in on Deshaun Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lots of hindsight happening, which always happens in the extreme rare case it turns out that a QB after the 2nd round can play.

The difference with the Bears tho, is they were/are in dire fucking need not just for a new starting QB, but a backup as well. It seems crazy in retrospect that there was nobody they liked as at least a backup QB in the whole draft.

On the flipside, maybe Pace was holding out to go all in on a 1st round QB. I don't fucking know.

They weren't in dire need of a backup because they knew they could sign Hoyer who had just come off a decent year starting. If you are going to take a franchise QB high, I think you probably want a vet QB to help teach him the ropes and Hoyer is a better fit for that job than Cutler.

So I think they were most likely interested in Hoyer not just as a backup this year but potentially as the vet QB that starts initially next year and then becomes the backup and mentor once the franchise QB is ready.

And they did apparently want Cook but he went before their pick in the 4th.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also I didn't realize the season was over for Floyd. Didn't he just have 2 sacks and a TD? As long as he is improving and is ready to go when we are actually ready to compete for the playoffs that is all that matters

So as long as he can turn the corner in year 10 for the playoffs?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears need to bring in a QB this week. Why not call the Bengals and try and make a deal now. Get McCarron in here to learn the system and then be ready to start next year.