OT: What's wrong with Aaron Rodgers?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seriously though, are we witnessing the decline of an "elite" QB? Or just an extended slump?

He's been worse than pedestrian of late. It's puzzling, though I'm not complaining.

That's what I was thinking. He does not look like the same player. And he's hardly elite statistically the last year. He is not making the players around him better. If the packers didn't get all of those calls, where would they be this year? And who gets the blame?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Rodgers is just slumped and mentally perhaps he is drained from having been carrying that team for quite some time.

The Packers are not the Patriots.... they have been successful in large part due to their QB putting together crazy performances.

I think Rodgers has slumped and that team is not built to pick up around him to compensate.

That being said I think they will rekt the Bears on Thursday, I hope I am wrong.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCarthy didn't build his championship. He is an arrogant fuck and does alot of mind numbing shit during the course of a game.

But Rodgers seems to be having the usual Hollywood starlet decline. I'm sure the high maintenance women we have seen suck the life force from our heroes has some effect. The social circles or cocaine.

Time, shit you gotta do for a woman like that. We have seen it...Urlachers Hilton season, Katherine Webb destroying king douche bag, etc.

The thing you gotta do is get a foreign model who grew up in difficult circumstances, not america or a good ghetto wife like the brothers know. They been through shit. Paris Hilton just been through drama.

I'm actually dating a black girl now from serious bum fuck Arkansas, like the last building built in her town is bleached from 40 years of weather, all the kids are on meth, and fishing is the biggest business. She wants the things she never had.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He's old and on his way out. If Hundley wasn't his replacement be interesting to see the contrast of how they get a replacement.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
People always bashed the oline because they had poor tackles but he's always has a stronger inner pocket spot with the middle linemen, shoulda not cut Sitton

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
McCarthy didn't build his championship. He is an arrogant fuck and does alot of mind numbing shit during the course of a game.

But Rodgers seems to be having the usual Hollywood starlet decline. I'm sure the high maintenance women we have seen suck the life force from our heroes has some effect. The social circles or cocaine.

Time, shit you gotta do for a woman like that. We have seen it...Urlachers Hilton season, Katherine Webb destroying king douche bag, etc.

The thing you gotta do is get a foreign model who grew up in difficult circumstances, not america or a good ghetto wife like the brothers know. They been through shit. Paris Hilton just been through drama.

I'm actually dating a black girl now from serious bum fuck Arkansas, like the last building built in her town is bleached from 40 years of weather, all the kids are on meth, and fishing is the biggest business. She wants the things she never had.

giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

:speechless:

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
He's had quite a few concussions over the years and taken so many big shots as well. I'd be surprised if it wasn't catching up to him, especially since his Line over the years seems about as "quality" as the line Cutler has had over the years.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I think Rodgers is just slumped and mentally perhaps he is drained from having been carrying that team for quite some time.

The Packers are not the Patriots.... they have been successful in large part due to their QB putting together crazy performances.

I think Rodgers has slumped and that team is not built to pick up around him to compensate.

That being said I think they will rekt the Bears on Thursday, I hope I am wrong.

I hope you are too. Any word on mcphee being back? Floyd? If pernell plays and NardFlo s on the other side that could end Rodger's season if they are hungry enough.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He really has been just another guy recently.
It is difficult to pin it on injuries to his receivers.... Because he has been far better with the same issues in the past.
We will see what happens this week, but overall- he might be falling back to mortal status.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Rodgers falls from ranks of greats

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...5/mcginn-rodgers-falls-ranks-greats/92053540/

"GREEN BAY - It starts in August, with Rich Gannon serving as analyst for the exhibition games.

Now it continues with the network broadcasters assigned to the games that count.

From the standpoint of the Green Bay Packers, the story begins and ends with Aaron Rodgers, twice a winner of the NFL most valuable player award.

A lovefest is what it is, non-stop talk about the quarterback that is the face of the Packers franchise and how great he is. The narrative, with a wrinkle here and there, basically has been the same since Rodgers’ magnificent play led Green Bay to a Super Bowl title six years ago.

People working for networks that pay billions to become NFL partners won’t change their sunny approach. Realists understand, however, that it’s time for that narrative to change.

Rodgers might be great again, and from someone who picked the Packers for a 13-3 record and Super Bowl berth this season it’s fully expected that he will. It could happen Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field. The Packers have the pieces to turn it around on offense, and in dramatic fashion.

Until it happens, Rodgers should be categorized as a good veteran quarterback scuffling to regain his elite form.

Are 16 games, the equivalent of one regular season, long enough to say a quarterback has slipped? That should go without saying.
Rodgers hasn’t been the same player since Game 7 last season when the Packers, a three-point favorite, went to Denver and were crushed, 29-10.

“I haven’t had my ass kicked like that in a long time,” said coach Mike McCarthy, but Rodgers might have said the same thing after throwing for a career-low 77 yards.

That was the start of a 16-game stretch – 12 last year, four this year – in which Rodgers’ level of play, so outstanding season after season, has fallen.

Working backward, Rodgers’ career was divided into eight 16-game segments, playoff games included. The two games in which he departed early because of injury also were counted. The eight 16-game segments totaled 128 starts; left out were the first eight starts of his career in 2008.

The decline in Rodgers’ statistics in the most recent 16-game segment is startling, if not shocking.

Start with passer rating. His 83.6 mark in the last 16 games doesn’t even begin to compare to his previous seven segments, which are listed here in reverse chronological order: 110.0, 105.5, 113.0, 110.9, 115.5, 98.6 and 98.5.
Now check out completion percentage. His mark of 56.8 percent in the last 16 games was preceded by 65.1, 66.5, 66.9, 66.6, 69.2, 65.2 and 63.3.

Look at yards per attempt. His mark of 6.04 in the last 16 games was preceded by averages of 8.20, 8.20, 8.36, 8.25, 8.77, 7.96 and 8.07.

His passing yards (3,677) and touchdowns (29) in the last 16 games were the lowest of the eight segments, and his interception total of 10 was his highest since the first two segments of his career.

It’s almost as if an imposter has been wearing the No. 12 jersey since that night in Denver.

At the risk of statistical overload, allow me one more set of metrics to underscore the depths of Rodgers’ struggles as the face of this offense and this franchise.
Situational football dominates analysis of the game. Whether it’s third down, red zone, short-yardage or goal-line, it’s all important."

More in article. Informative read, with some good statistical breakdowns. Written before the clunker the Packers layed against the Cowboys.

Oh noooo! Please don't post these facts....the Rodger's apologists and the FAP 5 are gonna come out of the woodworks and FAIL and try to change the subject to Cutler and look silly....or just skirt it and hide.

Love it...can't wait:smug2:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like how his slump in 16 games is a 29/10 TD/INT ratio. Lol. We'd take that ANY FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK in Chicago. :D

But with how one-dimensional that team is, they can't win a championship unless he plays like a HOFer nearly every game. Sooooo yeah.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like how his slump in 16 games is a 29/10 TD/INT ratio. Lol. We'd take that ANY FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK in Chicago. :D

But with how one-dimensional that team is, they can't win a championship unless he plays like a HOFer nearly every game. Sooooo yeah.

I think the more puzzling aspect of his game lately has been the low yardage totals/lack of sustained drives, not the TDs and INTs. They're not winning, either.

You just kind of expect him to beat up on anyone and everyone, but lately, he's beaten up on no one, really.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too many distractions, the guy has lost his focus, and bought into his own greatness.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He's old and on his way out. If Hundley wasn't his replacement be interesting to see the contrast of how they get a replacement.

That is the difference though.... The Packers already dealt with the replacement QB situation, unlike the Bears who haven't spent a reasonable draft pick on a QB in years, not counting the two first rounders we got fleeced for Cutty.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
56% completion rate is alarming for a guy as accurate as he was

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of Packer fans seem to be in panic mode. Spoiled idiots. Rodgers set a bar so high for himself that falling below it makes him mortal. I believe Rodgers and the Packers offense are simply in a slump. Favre threw 29 picks in 2005 and four years later threw 33 TD's/7 INT's.

For what it is worth. Favre vs Rodgers passing rating starting with their first year as the starter:

2jcj6uv.jpg

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Too many distractions, the guy has lost his focus, and bought into his own greatness.

It seems all the packers are. Too many commercials, they were also in Pitch Perfect and the Bachelor debacle too.