How far off are we really??

Monster

Liked Posts:
Curious how we look against Minny before I can answer.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
We are a HC and a QB away from competing for a wildcard spot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are a HC and a QB away from competing for a wildcard spot.

Agreed.

I am not sure what Fox is bringing to the table. We knew that Sundays were not his strength, but he was suppose to build a great culture and have his team ready to play because of Monday to Saturday.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Even without Houston you have 3 big investments at OLB

Young
McPhee
Floyd

If you sink another premium pick or big money into the position, you are over investing in my opinion and Floyd or McPhee would be expensive bench warmers.\

Myles Garrett would be an exception.

Windy you know how important a pass rush is and if we cut Houston and McPhee can't play a full year with his bum knees then we're down to W.Young and a unproven Floyd with guys like Acho and C.Jones backing them up. I think we need to get a stud OLB. If we get M.Garrett which would be absolutely awesome then we'll be taking a chance on what QB's will be there at the top of the 2nd round unless we trade back into the 1st or trade for Jimmy G.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I look at a team like KC. They have built a really good defense through personnel moves, but many of those guys were there with Haley and Crennel.

You get the right coach in Andy Ried, who routinely out coaches people.

You get a competent NFL QB.

And you are consistently in the playoffs, get a better QB than Smith and you might be seriously competing for a Superbowl.

But Windy you're one of the guys i wanted to hear from on if you think this team is really that far away from being a good team and if we got those 6 positions i mentioned is all we would need for now?? I understand that coaching is a big part but if what i posted came true especially getting the right new QB then i think we'd be just fine with J.Fox and i think Fox is getting more of the b lame then he should be getting and think it's mostly coming from frustration from this team losing. Fox is a players coach and players love playing for him. We just need the right players and health.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Curious how we look against Minny before I can answer.

It's not gonna be good and i don't think it will be good on thursday night either unless Rodgers plays as bad as he did yesterday cause he was off with his passes big time but i'm sure he'll step up against us.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

Young
McPhee
Floyd

If you sink another premium pick or big money into the position, you are over investing in my opinion and Floyd or McPhee would be expensive bench warmers.\

McPhee is not really much of an investment. His guaranteed money has already been paid off so if the McKnee thing is still going on then it might be time for him to wrap up his career or the Bears to let him on his way, one or the other. One thing you can say about Pace is that he definitely leaves himself an out for most of the guys he brings from other teams.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed.

I am not sure what Fox is bringing to the table. We knew that Sundays were not his strength, but he was suppose to build a great culture and have his team ready to play because of Monday to Saturday.

We did? Since when has J.Fox been known as weak on sundays?? We might not like what we've seen from this team but it's ridiculous to use Fox as the scapegoat cause he's not on the filed playing the games. If Hoyer could score TD's in the red zone we'd have a better record, is the Fox's fault?? Nope. Since the defense is so easy to move the ball on like what the Jags just did to us in the 4th quarter then is the Fangio's fault and should he get fired to??

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Young
McPhee
Floyd

McPhee only counts $3mil in dead $ total over 17 (1.5), 18 (1), and 19 (.5). He could be cut easily if the Bears want to.

TishLover

Liked Posts:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This team sucks at the 2 most important aspects of football: QB and pass rushing. Fix these 2, and the team will look a hell of a lot closer than it does now. But this is easier said than done.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Current wishlist in free agency would be
Johnson CB - sought after last year and will be sought after again this year.
Okafor OLB - has been terrorizing teams off the edge, young can be cut after 2017 with minimal cap hit, Houston will likely be cut after this season leaving just Floyd, Mcphee and Young as the OLB's. If Mcphee doesn't look right for the rest of this season he could be cut since his cap hit is relatively small.
Berry S - the likelihood of this happening is next to zero but one can still dream.

No good RT's or TE's I would want in free agency. If Johnson gets signed, i'd expect fuller to be tried at safety especially if bush and houston-carson show minimal progress.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
McPhee and Houston could potentially be talked into a pay cut, given their bleak outside options with their knees being how they are. Whether or not that would be a good idea would depend on the teams perception of their knees.

Houston's torn ACLs might be flukes given that they are different knees, and he bounced by from his first tear well. McPhee seems to be one of the leaders on the team. I would hate to let them go and see them thrive elsewhere if they could be talked into reducing their contracts down to below five million.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We did? Since when has J.Fox been known as weak on sundays?? We might not like what we've seen from this team but it's ridiculous to use Fox as the scapegoat cause he's not on the filed playing the games. If Hoyer could score TD's in the red zone we'd have a better record, is the Fox's fault?? Nope. Since the defense is so easy to move the ball on like what the Jags just did to us in the 4th quarter then is the Fangio's fault and should he get fired to??

His entire career and it is why he was fired in Denver after a 12 win season.

He was fired because he struggles with clock management, was way to conservative and struggled to make adjustments. It was pretty common knowledge that he was not a strong on Sunday guy.

Coaches are responsible for the record. You can blame players, but they are executing the scheme of the coaches and they are doing what they have been prepared to do.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McPhee only counts $3mil in dead $ total over 17 (1.5), 18 (1), and 19 (.5). He could be cut easily if the Bears want to.

They could cut him.

But if he is on the roster with another big money pass rusher than you have a ton invested in the position.

Cut McPhee and Houston and you can sign a big money pass rusher without losing Floyd in the shuffle.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Windy you're one of the guys i wanted to hear from on if you think this team is really that far away from being a good team and if we got those 6 positions i mentioned is all we would need for now?? I understand that coaching is a big part but if what i posted came true especially getting the right new QB then i think we'd be just fine with J.Fox and i think Fox is getting more of the b lame then he should be getting and think it's mostly coming from frustration from this team losing. Fox is a players coach and players love playing for him. We just need the right players and health.

I think you are under rating the impact and importance of coaches in football.

They are more important than individual player other than elite super stars.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Were playing close games with backups and rookies playing everywhere. Between no talent and injury's and a rebuild ongoing + shit coaching on both sides of the ball a 1-5 record sounds pretty impressive. You guys quit whining.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'd rather him just be healthy and be a Bear cause he's good when he's on the field and he's a leader and vocal on the field.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Because they went on a ten game win streak... If we go 1-1 in the next two weeks we are going to be happy because that means we beat either the Packers or the Vikings.

We will probably hit the bye at 1-7 if we are not wearing our meatball colored sunglasses.