How far off are we really??

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My thought is that we need to get a QB, and an OC to coach that QB/call plays. Massie didn't suck as bad this week, but if I do not see significant improvement by the end of the season I am banging my fist to draft like this. (considering a AJ resigning)

1. QB
2. RT
3. DB/S
4. TE
5. OLB
6. DB/S

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
His entire career and it is why he was fired in Denver after a 12 win season.

He was fired because he struggles with clock management, was way to conservative and struggled to make adjustments. It was pretty common knowledge that he was not a strong on Sunday guy.

Coaches are responsible for the record. You can blame players, but they are executing the scheme of the coaches and they are doing what they have been prepared to do.

Well why would they even hire J.Fox if they didn't want to have that type of head coach cause he was known as the same way in Carolina and has always been known to be conservative and a guy that wants to run the ball and play defense so why would Denver hire him if that wasn't the type of head coach they wanted?? Seems a little odd.

Yes the players are executing the scheme and running the plays that the coaches come up with but who's to say they're running them the right way on the field?? I'm sure there's plenty of plays that would work if executed correctly on the field. The coaches of course get blame but if the players don't execute the plays correctly then there's nothing the coaches can do and i'm sure they execute them correctly in practice or the coaches wouldn't call those plays. The blame goes both ways and in my eyes the players play the game so if they don't produce then it's mostly their fault.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I agree with the OP but with a caveat. We don't just need upgrades at those positions, we need difference makers at those positions, pro bowl caliber players. Guys like Amos and HJQ are just bodies, serviceable. Same with all of our CBs. We don't need someone a little better, we need a Duerson, Brown, or Fencik caliber type player at S. We need a shutdown corner who will line up and take away the best WR on the other team while getting a few picks too. This team really lacks difference makers. I see Goldman when healthy and AJ as being the only 2 difference makers. Nobody else on the roster would have to be schemed for, accounted for every play. Until we add difference makers, the team will continue to flounder.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think you are under rating the impact and importance of coaches in football.

They are more important than individual player other than elite super stars.

Not under rating coaches at all and i've said that plenty of times but the players are running the plays on the field, the players are throwing the ball, the players are catching the ball, the players are running the ball and the players are running the plays.

Tell me something that i never hear from you or anyone.....why aren't we hearing you calling for the head of V.Fangio if most of your blame is on the coaching?? Not only do you not call for him to be fired you actually defend him so i don't understand why since our defense has been pretty damn bad for two years now.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We are a HC and a QB away from competing for a wildcard spot.

So is every non-playoff team in the NFL.

Our overall talent level is bottom-3, along with Clev and SF. That's right, i would trade all our personnel even for that of the Jags in a heartbeat.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:

Our overall talent level is bottom-3, along with Clev and SF. That's right, i would trade all our personnel even for that of the Jags in a heartbeat.

I would trade rosters with the Jags without having to think twice as well.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
We need a new owner, President, GM, HC, QB, RB, OL, TE, WR, DL, LB, and secondary. Then we are ready to compete.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We need a new owner, President, GM, HC, QB, RB, OL, TE, WR, DL, LB, and secondary. Then we are ready to compete.

.....and, and then while we are at it, can we also perma-ban the 4 worst posters on this here MB? We all know who they are.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Jimmy G will be here in no time,guys

Only then will we start winning,we are a season away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well why would they even hire J.Fox if they didn't want to have that type of head coach cause he was known as the same way in Carolina and has always been known to be conservative and a guy that wants to run the ball and play defense so why would Denver hire him if that wasn't the type of head coach they wanted?? Seems a little odd.

Yes the players are executing the scheme and running the plays that the coaches come up with but who's to say they're running them the right way on the field?? I'm sure there's plenty of plays that would work if executed correctly on the field. The coaches of course get blame but if the players don't execute the plays correctly then there's nothing the coaches can do and i'm sure they execute them correctly in practice or the coaches wouldn't call those plays. The blame goes both ways and in my eyes the players play the game so if they don't produce then it's mostly their fault.

They hire him because he fixes bad situations and broken teams.

Except here.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not under rating coaches at all and i've said that plenty of times but the players are running the plays on the field, the players are throwing the ball, the players are catching the ball, the players are running the ball and the players are running the plays.

Tell me something that i never hear from you or anyone.....why aren't we hearing you calling for the head of V.Fangio if most of your blame is on the coaching?? Not only do you not call for him to be fired you actually defend him so i don't understand why since our defense has been pretty damn bad for two years now.

I wouldn't lose sleep if Fangio went.

I think he is doing a competent job while baring the brunt of the injuries. Most of the serious injuries have been on defense and that unit is the least incompetent.

I also think the job he is did last season was masterful and was a big positive for me.

Fox is the HC he bares the brunt of the terrible offense and special teams, Fangio has not responsibility for that. Fangio also doesn't have his finger prints on a number of junk personnel moves.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Colts and Saints on paper are just as hot garbage, but better QBs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't want to start a thread with this cause we've already been talking about it so much in every other thread so i'll put it in my thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well that's not saying much cause the Jags are absolutely loaded with good young talent all over that team. If they had a legit QB and a better RB they'd be a really good team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wouldn't lose sleep if Fangio went.

I think he is doing a competent job while baring the brunt of the injuries. Most of the serious injuries have been on defense and that unit is the least incompetent.

I also think the job he is did last season was masterful and was a big positive for me.

Fox is the HC he bares the brunt of the terrible offense and special teams, Fangio has not responsibility for that. Fangio also doesn't have his finger prints on a number of junk personnel moves.

He has his finger prints all over the L.Floyd pick and we have no idea how many other defensive players that we brought in or drafted he has his finger prints on except Ray McDonald.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has his finger prints all over the L.Floyd pick and we have no idea how many other defensive players that we brought in or drafted he has his finger prints on except Ray McDonald.

Gould, Slauson, those both were coaches decisions.

Fox is ultimately responsible for the product on the field and it is worse than it should be.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Find a QB and RT in the draft,trade,or FA. Then it's all defense with ever single transaction. Defense wins championships, ask Denver.