IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 3 Tuesday

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
In the regular season yes. The sample size is growing. This is three straight post season series where his hitting has been abysmal. He's running out of time. If the Cubs lose this series and his lack of performance continues, he'll rightly earn the choker moniker. An #1 or #2 (most likely #2) MVP vote getter with a career playoff BA of .130?

Top players need to step up in the post season. He simply hasn't.

Remember when Clayton Kershaw was a postseason "choker," until he (magically) wasn't?

This is pattern-seeking primates, fueled by emotion, attaching too much meaning to small sample sizes in order to make sense of playoff variance. Derp.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This. As I said earlier, comparing hockey to baseball is apples and oranges.

But yes, the stars stepped up. The Hawks top start - Toews, Kane and Keith - all have Conn Smythes. The trophy for the MVP of the playoffs.

Rizzo, in this instance has a post season batting average of .130.

At times, yes they have but the Hawks current run is 6 seasons and over those six all three have had dismal to terrible playoff series at one time or another. Toews has been borderline garbage for well over a year. My point is that stars are not ALWAYS stars particularly in the playoffs where it's usually the best of the best that you're facing. This is only the 2nd playoff season for the majority of this Cub team....that has to be taken in account.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the regular season yes. The sample size is growing. This is three straight post season series where his hitting has been abysmal. He's running out of time. If the Cubs lose this series and his lack of performance continues, he'll rightly earn the choker moniker. An #1 or #2 (most likely #2) MVP vote getter with a career playoff BA of .130?

Top players need to step up in the post season. He simply hasn't.

You are still a Special person person and troll. You and Tribar should race wheelchairs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At times, yes they have but the Hawks current run is 6 seasons and over those six all three have had dismal to terrible playoff series at one time or another. Toews has been borderline garbage for well over a year. My point is that stars are not ALWAYS stars particularly in the playoffs where it's usually the best of the best that you're facing. This is only the 2nd playoff season for the majority of this Cub team....that has to be taken in account.
One can argue that those years the stars have had terrible playoffs were the reason the Hawks didn't win it all

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You are still a Special person person and troll. You and Tribar should race wheelchairs
Wow, insult the mentally and psychically disabled all in one post. Nice job.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I have noticed reading the last 4 pages of this thread. Our Cubs and baseball are an emotional rollercoaster.