CHC
John Lackey
LAD
Julio Urias
CvKEA6CUEAILefC.jpg

Last edited:

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Very interested to see what he does with the lineup in a "not literally must win but as close to must win as you can get" type game. Does he stick with guys who were his go to guys all year (Russell) or go a different route (Almora? Soler?).

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
It's over. We will lose Game 4 and Game 5 and get back door swept 4-1. And it has nothing to do with our history or being down 1-2. It has every thing to do with HOW we lost Game 3. Losing the game itself would make little impact on the series -- but losing the way we did was every thing. You can tell by the post game comments and the way the team is conducting themselves -- they know it's over.

This feels just like it did against New York in last year's NLCS and the weeks leading up the All-Star game this season -- when every game you just knew we'd lose. Collectively our offense failed and there are no answers on the team.

Game 3 was the worst Cubs loss since Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Worse than any loss in the 2015 NLCS or 2007-2008 NLDS.

And tonight Urias will pitch 7 shut out innings before bridging to the Executioner -- Kenley Jansen. Tonight Jansen will choke out the the 2016 Chicago Cubs in spectacular fashion -- adding another footnote to the profound and historic failure of an organization.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Very interested to see what he does with the lineup in a "not literally must win but as close to must win as you can get" type game. Does he stick with guys who were his go to guys all year (Russell) or go a different route (Almora? Soler?).

He would be insane to stick with Addison Russell.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Urias has better stuff than Hill but he throws similar type stuff. This could be bad since we couldn't hit Hill, or good because at some point they have to get used to these types of pitches right? At some point hit a left handers curve ball thats hanging over the middle of the plate right? Sure hope so.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It's over. We will lose Game 4 and Game 5 and get back door swept 4-1. And it has nothing to do with our history or being down 1-2. It has every thing to do with HOW we lost Game 3. Losing the game itself would make little impact on the series -- but losing the way we did was every thing. You can tell by the post game comments and the way the team is conducting themselves -- they know it's over.

This feels just like it did against New York in last year's NLCS and the weeks leading up the All-Star game this season -- when every game you just knew we'd lose. Collectively our offense failed and there are no answers on the team.

Game 3 was the worst Cubs loss since Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Worse than any loss in the 2015 NLCS or 2007-2008 NLDS.

And tonight Urias will pitch 7 shut out innings before bridging to the Executioner -- Kenley Jansen. Tonight Jansen will choke out the the 2016 Chicago Cubs in spectacular fashion -- adding another footnote to the profound and historic failure of an organization.

You should take a lesson from your less-irrational past self:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...Game-4(NLDS)?p=2602742&viewfull=1#post2602742

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Today I prefer to see Javy at Short, Zobrist at second, soler in left and either Heyward or Almora in right. Two games in a row against lefties and only Rizzo looks better at the plate. cant think the third is going to be any different, I just dont know if Joe values Baez more at second that Zobrist and half the range.

Its hard to believe they will use Kershaw game 5, but another poor game against a lefty, they could finish it.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Urias has better stuff than Hill but he throws similar type stuff. This could be bad since we couldn't hit Hill, or good because at some point they have to get used to these types of pitches right? At some point hit a left handers curve ball thats hanging over the middle of the plate right? Sure hope so.

Similar but without the experience. You don't let Urias get locked in with that curve, which he throws a lot less than Hill btw, instead being aggressive on the fastball and keep him off balance so when he throws the curve his command could be off. This is a very good pitcher but he is inexperienced. We need to use that against him and this is a very winnable game.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Here is how I would go tonight:

Zobrist at 2B, Baez at SS, Almora in RF, and Contreras at C.

Russell and Heyward can't be anywhere near the field, period.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Bench Addison Russell? I thought he was "clutch" because he hit "RBIs?"

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Here is how I would go tonight:

Zobrist at 2B, Baez at SS, Almora in RF, and Contreras at C.

Russell and Heyward can't be anywhere near the field, period.

That makes 3 positions worse defensively. I probably go Contreras at C although I'd consider Ross, but you have to play 1 of Heyward or Russell. I'd opt for Russell. Baez might be a better pure SS than Russell but he doesn't play there regularly.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Remember when Clayton Kershaw wasn't a "clutch" postseason pitcher, until he was?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
That makes 3 positions worse defensively. I probably go Contreras at C although I'd consider Ross, but you have to play 1 of Heyward or Russell. I'd opt for Russell. Baez might be a better pure SS than Russell but he doesn't play there regularly.

Please tell me how on God's green earth Almora is worse defensively than Soler.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Okay, now I'm worried.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Please tell me how on God's green earth Almora is worse defensively than Soler.

Where did I say that? Almora in RF, with the lack of experience, is worse than Heyward. Your 3 choices, excluding Contreras, make RF, 2B and SS worse. I thought I was pretty clear.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Bench Addison Russell? I thought he was "clutch" because he hit "RBIs?"

Russell is a stud and hit a crap ton of clutch hits this year. But he's done for the season. He said it himself - fatigue has set in. He's a guaranteed 0-4 right now. He's going to have an amazing career - but I wouldn't put a guaranteed 0-4 guy out there right now. Him and Heyward need to sit.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Where did I say that? Almora in RF, with the lack of experience, is worse than Heyward. Your 3 choices, excluding Contreras, make RF, 2B and SS worse. I thought I was pretty clear.

You thought wrong. And I'd take my chances with Almora at the plate over Heyward right now. And he's not much of a defensive grade.