Your most random Bears memory....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I remember we moved away from Illinois in fall of 85, next year when I came back for the summer to visit, my cousin had the Super Bowl Shuffle VHS. I think we must have watched that stupid video 50 times.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I thought about Super Tecmo Bowl, the best game ever!!

People go nuts about Bo Jackson in that game and rightfully so, but I thought the combination of Neal Anderson on offense and Mike Singletary on defense made the Bears a lethal combo in that game.

Fuck, I'm playing this as soon as I get home now. Got a ROM of it on my computer.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These two weeks are what convinced me to be a Bears/Football fan. I had just moved to Chicago and was learning the rules of football...This is how it all started for me

[video=youtube;MRp3fDKHYJo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRp3fDKHYJo[/video]

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have a bunch but I won't forget Kadeem Carey doing a Michael Jackson move in the Tampa endzone. I was at the game and I told the Bucs fan next to me that this game will get Lovie fired at the end of the year.

Somebody here has that move on his signature. It is stupid but for some reason it makes me laugh all the time because he was mocking Tampa so badly when it happened.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the one back in 88 I believe

I actually love the Larivee call of that play. When Anderson makes the cutback Larivee goes silent for like 2-3 seconds and picks it back up when Anderson starts getting more forward. Watching it in sync with the live footage is awesome.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I actually love the Larivee call of that play. When Anderson makes the cutback Larivee goes silent for like 2-3 seconds and picks it back up when Anderson starts getting more forward. Watching it in sync with the live footage is awesome.

Funniest part of that run is the angle Dave Brown took almost got to Anderson, and Brown was the oldest guy on the field in his 14th year.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
found it... @2:13
[video=youtube_share;zNpJGTqkBpE]https://youtu.be/zNpJGTqkBpE[/video]

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
People go nuts about Bo Jackson in that game and rightfully so, but I thought the combination of Neal Anderson on offense and Mike Singletary on defense made the Bears a lethal combo in that game.

Fuck, I'm playing this as soon as I get home now. Got a ROM of it on my computer.

Exactly! I used to get a ridiculous amount of sacks with Singletary every season I played. I rushed him every defensive play. I remember the Lions had a halfback draw for Barry on that game and I would stop them for a loss of yards 95% of the time.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I remember going to the Bears-Patriots game in December 2010. We were 9-3 going into it, so I thought it'd be a great game to see. We ended up getting smoked 36-7, and it wasn't even that close; we were down 33-0 by halftime. To top it all off, the game was being played in a nasty blizzard.

I remember just sitting there with my buddy in the 4th quarter, half the stadium empty, both of us just freezing our asses off. Out of nowhere I just started laughing to myself, and he looked over at me and probably thought I was a crazy person, but I just realized right then and there that this is what it means to be a Bears fan. Sitting there by ourselves, getting blown out in the middle of a snowstorm... you couldn't help but laugh. It's rough moments like that that will make the eventual feeling of a Super Bowl victory all the more enjoyable.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I went to a preseason game at the old Soldier Field not too long after the Bears started playing there. My mom took me to the game and we went by city bus. I eventually realized that Dennis Hull was sitting 2 rows in front of me and I was a huge Hawks fan. I sent down my program and he signed the center page. I spent so many times opening and closing the program to look at the autograph that somehow that center page came disconnected from the binding staples and fell out on the city bus ride home. I was heart-broken :(.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
1. The moment i knew the Bears' fortunes pivoted South: I was at O"hare boarding a United flight to SFO during the 1986 draft, i kept refreshing my Blackberry (lol) b/c i had to know who JA was selecting after trading back and up. When i saw Danieal Manning, I knew JA was a shit-bird that relied on a dart-tossing draft chimp.

2. a couple years later, Walter P. had a restaurant/club i believe in Schaumburg and i went there for happy hour, they had a great free buffet, and i saw fridge sitting in a booth alone looking extremely depressed and mowing down plates of chicken wings. Poor fridge.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As a child, having to use rabbit ears to tune in a snowy picture from the South Bend station when they would be blacked out in the Chicago CBS market due to a non-sellout in the late 70's.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I also remember a few years after retiring Walter was doing an interview on Monday night. I think there was talk of him being part owner in some franchise and it was just some puff interview, he was talking all nice about the teams playing, they went to break, or so they thought, he started saying what shit the teams were on his still hot mic. I felt for him.