legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
2 good friends called me while I was at work and broke what I thought was magnificent news. Bears trade for Cutler! They said. I spent all off season thanking the Gods and praising Angelo for picking up one of my favorite young QBs. "That arm is the best in the league" they said...

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Nope. New Soldier field opening was blue on top of white.

Yeah you're right. Looked it up quickly and they wore all-navy at home to the Pack in 2002 so i was out by a year.

Bort

Liked Posts:
The beating that Brett Favre took at Soldier Field on December 4, 2005. After Favre tormenting us for so many years, it was soooo satisfying watching our defense just physically abuse him.

I can't find any highlights of that game, but I found this picture. I remember that specific hit and thinking Mike Brown might have just broken some of Favre's ribs, but Favre being his indestructible self got up and stayed in the game until Nathan Vasher sealed the win with a pick 6 late in the 4th quarter.

750x422

Reactions: DC

Bronko

Liked Posts:
Being 12, and watching Bobby Douglass lead the Bears to victory against the Bills on a cold, cold, COLD day at Wrigley Field in 1970. Butkus! I wish I still had that noddy-head doll my dad bought me that day.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2 good friends called me while I was at work and broke what I thought was magnificent news. Bears trade for Cutler! They said. I spent all off season thanking the Gods and praising Angelo for picking up one of my favorite young QBs. "That arm is the best in the league" they said...

I had food poisoning when that trade happened, I was shuking all over the bathroom when I got an NFL update...

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:
I can't remember if it was a run or a pass but I have this vague memory of Neal Anderson breaking this long play where he dives into the endzone by the pylon to win a game either on the last play of the game or in OT... I wanna say it was vs the Giants or maybe Detroit. If someone can confirm this actually happened that'd be cool. I can never find it on youtube anywhere but I swear I remember watching it back in the day...

Haven't read this entire thread, so maybe someone has already mentioned, but this was from a Monday night game in 1991 against the Jets. Epic comeback win.

EDIT: I see some other people think it was from a packers game, and maybe it was, but it sure sounds like the play that either forced OT or won the game against the Jets in 91.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh to Neal Anderson in 1990 against the Lions for the overtime win

Tom Waddle smelling salts against the Cowboys

Shane Matthews to David Terell against the 49ers in an epic comeback win

Brian Urlacher sacking Michael Vick while tackling another player on a freezing December night against the Falcons

Devin Hester's SuperBowl opening kickoff return

Matt Forte first touchdown against the Colts

Kyle Orton to Rashied Davis in Atlanta

Jay Cutler's first touchdown in his first playoff appearance

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
You still are. It was 2003.

No, you are wrong. They wore the all-navy in week 5 2002. Didn't wear it in 2003. Like i said i looked it up, something you clearly haven't done.

2002 was the U of I year.

You following the line of conversation ok? This hasn't really got anything to do with what we were talking about.

Its ok dude, it was never a big deal but we worked it out already. Thanks for your help tho. Really...

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
My most random one is when the bears were going through the most heinous stretch of QBs. Steve stentstrom was on the sidelines and the announcers were talking about a change of quarterback. then they showed him and said something like "he's got a twinkle in his eye, he must know were talking about him."

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
if this is the game favre had like 10 yards passing I might have it on vhs

rextc

Liked Posts:
I remember the Oilers running a fake kick for a td and the Bears losing 10 to 6. I was irate.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
As a child, having to use rabbit ears to tune in a snowy picture from the South Bend station when they would be blacked out in the Chicago CBS market due to a non-sellout in the late 70's.
Don't have too much in particular that I can remember but I remember the blackouts continued into the early 80's.

I guess that's was got Halas to finally hire Ditka and straighten things out.