Least favorite Bears Players of all time

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
+1 to J'Mtacos Webb being a worthless slab of spam.

My favorite of all time is Tom Waddle. Absolutely fearless dude.

[video=youtube;bbVU-HLjZ5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbVU-HLjZ5Q[/video]

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In recent years, I'll go with Conte. I couldn't stand watching him play and get beat every other play. I have no idea how he is still playing and on a roster.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
These guys listed are all too funny to have as least liked.

Guys like Jon Bostic or AL Afalava make more sense to me.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
What's the criterion? For example, we can talk about high draft picks that sucked and didn't live up their potential - ala Cedric Benson, Rahsaan Salaam or any number of recent picks.

We can talk about guys who are or just came across as complete dickheads.

Or we can talk about terrible players. I can't hate guys who were undrafted and/or late round picks who didn't pan out. Most 7th rounders or UDFA don't pan out. I can't hate guys who get unlucky and suffer bad injuries ala Marc Colombo.

But with that:

David Terrell - football bust. Arrogant douche of a human. All of the WR Diva bluster with none of the performance.

Cade McNown - just came across as a complete and utter douche.

Martellus Bennett - see above.

Stan Thomas - obvious reasons

Brandon Merriweather - people forget he played here. Arguably the worst headhunter in the modern NFL. But people don't remember his college days at the U. There was a fight on the field and that scumbag too his helmet off - to beat on an opposing player who had his own helmet removed. Think about that. Absolute shitbag.

I know we're talking about players, but I'll go to coach (and since he was a player, I can bend the rules) - Mike Diitka. Egomaniac who put his own personal brand building above the team and rode the glory provided by Buddy Ryan. Should have won at least another SB with that roster and of course, we have his Flutie debacle.

I can't hate Shea McLellin. He was a guy drafted 3 rounds ahead of where he should have been by a dumb GM. Follow on GMs/coaches felt the need to field him based on his first round status. So, I blame the Bears' mismanagement more than I blame him the player. Seems like a decent enough dude.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Can we say it about players we used to like? I hate guys that have nice careers and/or talent but them mail it in when a) they are losing or b) they don't like the team/coach/whatever situation.

I'm looking at you, Double Nickels.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
There are a lot of them that were easily forgotten. I hated Rasheid Davis that guy would have a play or 2 that he'd look good and you'd think he might be a good player. He had more fumbles at crucial times than any player I can remember.

Yeah, but I can't really fault him for that. He was a pro bowl caliber ST player ala Slater in NE.

It's the Bears absolute shit show at WR for so many years that meant that Rashied Davis was playing meaningful snaps at WR. If the Bears had proper WR talent on the roster, Davis would have just been one of the top ST players in the league (ala Slater).

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Uh, Jay"-Low" Cutler? . . .

Your avatar of Ginny McCaskey freaks me out. Every time I see it, I think of the Winter Warlock from the Rankin/Bass 'Santa Claus is Coming To Town' claymation from the 70's.

tumblr_mekve8OnsN1qf9ndpo1_500.png

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Cedric Benson hands down. The guy cried because he got drafted by Chicago and he didn't want to be in Chicago. He sucked here and then torches us every time the Bears are mentioned. Biggest douchebag ever.
Agree 100%! My all time favorite Bear: Dick Butkus.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
My 2nd least favorite: the entire 2016 Bears' team.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cedric Benson hands down. The guy cried because he got drafted by Chicago and he didn't want to be in Chicago. He sucked here and then torches us every time the Bears are mentioned. Biggest douchebag ever.

That's not why he cried.....

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To answer the thread, McNown or Terrell.

Tony Danza

Wack Pack Superstar
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Unless the weed ate that part of my brain, I'm pretty sure Bryan Cox sucked while he was here.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless the weed ate that part of my brain, I'm pretty sure Bryan Cox sucked while he was here.

Cox was ok as a Bear. Average. Not the player that he was in Miami.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
+1 to J'Mtacos Webb being a worthless slab of spam.

My favorite of all time is Tom Waddle. Absolutely fearless dude.

such good announcing. Not like the shit nowadays.

Fearless dude, but just not that good at football. He's quite good on ESPN.

My favorite Bears player of all time is Peanut Tillman. A guy who, even in this modern era when we've seen everything, pioneered a 'thing' - the Peanut Punch - that was unique, had not been seen before, and way immediately attempted to be replicated by other players. It's been over 10 years since he started doing that regularly. Hundreds of dbs have played in the league in that time and NONE have been able to replicate what he did.

A great personality who will be a great announcer/color guy for years to come and more importantly a REALLY fucking good dude.

But for me, it's off the field. Our friends had a VERY sick child who was at Children's the entire time Peanut's daughter was. As a result, the kids became great friends and the parents got to know each other well. The mom and Peanut's wife Jackie basically became best friends and almost 10 years later, Peanut and his family still show up at our friends little guy's birthday parties, etc. One time, Peanut brought a bunch of REALLY cool gifts for all the kids at the party - forgot what they were, but I remember it was a 'holy shit, that's awesome' moment.

There have been a lot of great players in the NFL. The percentage of those players that are great human beings in a tiny fraction. Peanut Tillman is one of the best ever and for that, he gets my vote for favorite player.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but I can't really fault him for that. He was a pro bowl caliber ST player ala Slater in NE.

It's the Bears absolute shit show at WR for so many years that meant that Rashied Davis was playing meaningful snaps at WR. If the Bears had proper WR talent on the roster, Davis would have just been one of the top ST players in the league (ala Slater).

If I remember right he returned punts as well as wr and had some fumbles doing that as well.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Least fav: Every QB that has ever taken a snap post Bobby Douglas except Jimmy Mac. Bobby sucked too, but it was fun watching him try to throw the ball through people.
Most fav: Sweetness and Butkus.