Phillips getting his nose in football operations again

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I think regardless of "over reaction" or not; If the next phase of the Bears' organization involves Ted Phillips, it will be a failure. Until there is a real president of team operations and not a fucking clueless accountant that gets sustained employment through some sick nepotism, this team will continue to fail and the G.M and coach just won't matter because they are all bad hires by a bad team president.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No way Pace gets fired after 2 seasons. I think Fox will be fired and Pace will have at least another year, and most likely two years, to get it turned around.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Hopefully nobody gets fired. Fox and Pace needs more then 2 years to over turn a roster.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Hopefully nobody gets fired. Fox and Pace needs more then 2 years to over turn a roster.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It all depends on the direction Pace wants to go. If young players improve the remainder of the year, he will probably keep Fox. Players are not quitting on Fox so I don't see pace getting rid of him unless the players regress or don't develop to his liking.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It all depends on the direction Pace wants to go. If young players improve the remainder of the year, he will probably keep Fox. Players are not quitting on Fox so I don't see pace getting rid of him unless the players regress or don't develop to his liking.

Having your players not quit on you is not something to be celebrated.

It is the most basic requirement of the job.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Can we bring in Theo Epstein as a consultant for say 2 weeks and ask him his opinion on how to turn around a team? More of the framework and strategy thinking here. Obviously, he wouldn't know the type of players to bring in.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Having your players not quit on you is not something to be celebrated.

It is the most basic requirement of the job.

In the NFL, its apparent when there is a disconnect between coaches and players. The Bears problem is a lack of playmakers on defense, injuries and depth. On offense, they had an offensive coordinator that required 4 weeks to find himself, injuries at the QB position, a garbage can as a right tackle.

I'm not sold Fox is the answer, but I can see where they can build a case to keep him.

To get to the root of the Bears problem, go higher than fox and pace. Bears need a football czar calling the shots.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Taking Virginia to her weekly brunch at some overpriced Gold coast establishment....

Charming her, kissing ass, regaling her with stories from the Beta Theta Pi days at ND with those other parochial school valedictorians she probably pined over in her youth....

Here is what you guys need to understand about these people; I know them, i've worked with/for this type for awhile now....

These people don't give a Fk about winning; they don't give 2 shts about us fans, and the DEFINITELY don't care about creating a culture of merit in the organization.

They literally care more about the performance of some great nephew in a regatta off Cape Cod than they do our suffering.

So that's fine, and maybe that would be me if I was born a multimillionaire. But please, for the love of God, SELL THE FKN TEAM TO SOMEONE WITH DEEP POCKETS AND PASSION ABOUT GETTING US RINGS.

LOL Please don't sell the team. If the new owners had deep pockets then they would give themselves a handy. What does deep pockets have to do with it? Can't spend more then we do. I love our owners and only small minded morons would want them gone. Just what we need some rich guy buying them and pretending he is coach/talent scout and draft guru. Our owners get out of the way and hire professionals then let them do their jobs. Sure we suck currently but to blame the owners is just dumb. This org has one flaw and one flaw only. We simply draft bad. 25 years of drafting badly. Fix the real problem please.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think regardless of "over reaction" or not; If the next phase of the Bears' organization involves Ted Phillips, it will be a failure. Until there is a real president of team operations and not a fucking clueless accountant that gets sustained employment through some sick nepotism, this team will continue to fail and the G.M and coach just won't matter because they are all bad hires by a bad team president.
So Ted drafts badly? lol Cmon guys lets focus on the real problems and not make up phony ones. We draft badly and no that is not on the accountant. Ted has nothing to do with anything.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
So Ted drafts badly? lol Cmon guys lets focus on the real problems and not make up phony ones. We draft badly and no that is not on the accountant. Ted has nothing to do with anything.

Who is hiring these guys that can't draft?

A consultant that is not tied to the franchise and has no skin in the game.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
LOL Please don't sell the team. If the new owners had deep pockets then they would give themselves a handy. What does deep pockets have to do with it? Can't spend more then we do. I love our owners and only small minded morons would want them gone. Just what we need some rich guy buying them and pretending he is coach/talent scout and draft guru. Our owners get out of the way and hire professionals then let them do their jobs. Sure we suck currently but to blame the owners is just dumb. This org has one flaw and one flaw only. We simply draft bad. 25 years of drafting badly. Fix the real problem please.

WHAT?????.....lofl

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why are people still concerned with who the starter is this year? Who fucking cares? As long as whoever starts continues to find ways to lose games that's all that matters.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Who was the team president during these 25 years?

hint: There's 2, and one was a McCaskey.

Same janitor too but let's talk football. Those guys were not the ones drafting. Sure they hired them. Bad them. Hardly enough to oust owners that run a classy organization. A well run classy organization.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If we drafted better no one would hate anyone and the world we be a nicer place.