Garrett or a QB.....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you pass on Kizer and he becomes a star, you will look like an ass clown.

Doesn't matter if Garrett is an All Pro.

QB is so much more important than anything else.

WhatAMess

Liked Posts:
I admit. I am missing it. What have you seen of Jimmy G that makes him worth that much-rather than drafting our own guy?

This is not saying he is bad. This is saying-we haven't seen enough to merit going hogwild based on intangibles or "looking good" on a couple throws.

2014: Sparsely used. 6 games total. 70 percent completion-but on 27 total attempts. Average 7 yards in the air.

2015: 1 of 4 on his throws. Yards in the air: 1.5

2016: Again, decent completion record. 42/60, 70 percent AYA, 8.3(not bad.) 3 Games-496 yards, 4 td's.

To me, these results scream "incomplete." Which means, no more likely to succeed than an early draft pick. Great college qb: Not enough "there" there to assess over highly touted qb's from this or the next draft.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Said it in another thread and will say it again Garrett is a special talent but if he is available I am taking Watson. I would also take Kizer over Garrett. A QB can influence the game, and direction of a team, far more than any other position.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Said it in another thread and will say it again Garrett is a special talent but if he is available I am taking Watson. I would also take Kizer over Garrett. A QB can influence the game, and direction of a team, far more than any other position.

EXACTLY. Plus if the Qb is a leader and a player maker, the whole team will be inspired to play at a higher level

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever is seen as bpa

fuck that.

QB even if not BPA. ONLY caveat being if scouting staff has identified their TOP qb prospect in a later round.

In other words, the FO better dump all their resources into scouting QBs and they fucking better take their top guy wherever the fuck they can get him. Fuck bpa.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
fuck that.

QB even if not BPA. ONLY caveat being if scouting staff has identified their TOP qb prospect in a later round.

In other words, the FO better dump all their resources into scouting QBs and they fucking better take their top guy wherever the fuck they can get him. Fuck bpa.

BPA.....IMO is a cop out and illogical. The BPA may not be what a team needs.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyway, no doubt the team knows they blew it with Prescott. No fucking way are they passing on a QB again.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get the sense that Kizer will start to drop down the draft boards a little once the real scouts have their say. I don't think he will be a consensus #1 pick but we shall see. I still think Watson is receiving more criticism than he should and think he goes before Kizer.

I would be hard pressed to not take Garrett and trade back up into the first and grab a Falk or similar if Watson is off the board when the Bears pick.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Chip Kelly has a hard on for Watson and the Niners are every bit as shitty as the Bears, probably worse. The Browns are actually happy with Kessler for now and want to put talent around him.

I could see the Browns and Niners drafting 1 & 2 with Garrett and Watson both off the board before Chicago selects.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit. I am missing it. What have you seen of Jimmy G that makes him worth that much-rather than drafting our own guy?

This is not saying he is bad. This is saying-we haven't seen enough to merit going hogwild based on intangibles or "looking good" on a couple throws.

2014: Sparsely used. 6 games total. 70 percent completion-but on 27 total attempts. Average 7 yards in the air.

2015: 1 of 4 on his throws. Yards in the air: 1.5

2016: Again, decent completion record. 42/60, 70 percent AYA, 8.3(not bad.) 3 Games-496 yards, 4 td's.

To me, these results scream "incomplete." Which means, no more likely to succeed than an early draft pick. Great college qb: Not enough "there" there to assess over highly touted qb's from this or the next draft.

I agree with all this.

If Jimmy G is your free agent, trade whatever you have to and pay what you have to, but your search isn't done. You still should draft a QB in the first 3 rounds, and I don't think you let it stop you from using a top 5 pick on a QB.

We don't have a starter. We don't have depth. We need HEAVY investment into the position.

Monster

Liked Posts:
If they somehow pulled Garrett/Falk I think I'd rip my dick off by accident.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Chip Kelly has a hard on for Watson and the Niners are every bit as shitty as the Bears, probably worse. The Browns are actually happy with Kessler for now and want to put talent around him.

I could see the Browns and Niners drafting 1 & 2 with Garrett and Watson both off the board before Chicago selects.

Kelly like Mariota who is quiet and soft spoken. Watson has a bit of an ego, so I don't pretend to know what gives that guy a hard on. Kap will be gone, they restructured him as a beginning to departure. Trade. Or let him fail.

Garrett is worth purusing at this point. I am impressed by his growth, and with his physical abilities he would be a great value veteran if not Hoyer to go along with an early draft pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they somehow pulled Garrett/Falk I think I'd rip my dick off by accident.

I need alot more time for Falk to simmer. I haven't been impressed yet? Got a game to point me to?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need alot more time for Falk to simmer. I haven't been impressed yet? Got a game to point me to?

Most of the stuff up on you tube is from last year. But watch him and there's no mistaking his accuracy and his lightning quick release, two very good traits. He appears to lack a little zip on intermediate to deep throws. His biggest knock is his lack of mobility, he is a classic pocket passer. I get a Drew Brees kind of vibe from him.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

What's there not to be impressed with is the question comrade. He has Washington State in shootouts with power programs and wins.

[video=youtube;0vz1MMzjEvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vz1MMzjEvo[/video]

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with drafting Myles Garrett in round 1 and a quarterback in round 2.

They'll also need at least one offensive lineman and maybe a wide out depending on if Alshon Jeffery leaves. Maybe they can address both in free agency.